The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 5,791 through 5,805 (of 6,581 total)
  • Author
    Loopy
    @loopylin
      • Total Posts: 2334

@mineralizedwritings Good! Just got done with my first day working at my new job. :] How are you doing?

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

MineralizedWritings
      @mineralizedwritings
        • Total Posts: 2973

@loopylin

Woah cool! What kind of job do you have?

I’m alright! Exhausted lol. My sis and I keep getting into these really deep conversations about life and faith and our family issues ect. and it drains me dry. We’re going to stop doing it now that we understand how to handle it in the future but I’m still recovering my energy from the one a couple hours ago lol.

I have recently become obsessed with lord of the rings though and that’s been fun. I’ve been doing fanart and reading the books 🙂

How’s writing going?

"Than finish it... Because I'm with you till the end of the line." <3

Loopy
        @loopylin

@mineralizedwritings

I’m working retail at a really cool theme park. I love it so far.

My brother and I do the same thing sometimes too. Those talks are good, but I get the emotional exhaustion. Hope you get some good rest this Sunday <3

Oh that’s awesome! LoTR is the best. I should reread them. I haven’t read those since I was little.

Umm writing’s going slowly. I’m not sure why. I think I might be trying to get over some perfectionism or something. You been writing much?

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

MineralizedWritings
          @mineralizedwritings

@loopylin

Oh nice!

XD yep. They need to be had every now and then but we’ve had our fill lol.

It is really good. The themes are great, and I’m loving it.

Ah yes, perfectionism. I have a hard time with that too. I’ve been writing a little more recently, just trying to fill in the many many plot gaps one by one. I kinda can’t do it by will, sometimes a idea to fill a gap comes to me and I have to write it down. I’ve gotten up during the night for such purposes before lol, I usually forget my ideas in the morning. I’m trying to add more happy scenes to my book because it’s kinda an emotional slop for lack of a better term.

What story have you been working on? The one with Dante?

Loopy
            @loopylin

@mineralizedwritings

Lol I have the opposite problem. My characters avoid addressing any serious emotions at all costs.

I always have at least two stories that I’m working in simultaneously so I can procrastinate on one by working on another and that way never get anything done, lol. So yes, Paper Stars (with Dante) is my main project rn, but I’m also working on my cryptid story (name tbd) and Inky (the one with Lois and Felicity).

Loopy
              @loopylin

Lol I have the opposite problem. My characters avoid addressing any serious emotions at all costs.

Definitely doesn’t reflect on their author’s character or anything

MineralizedWritings
                @mineralizedwritings

@loopylin

Oh no lol!

Yeah I do the two stories thing too! I have a slice of life dystopian that’s Farley lighthearted despite the painful stuff that happens, then I have a psychological thriller. lol.

Yep… definitely not a reflection of the author…

XD I’m like that too. I’m super emotional so my stories are super emotional.

I write different stories depending on my mood because otherwise I’ll ruin the happy one when I’m sad XD

Dude paper stars is such a cool name! What’s the other one about?

Also like girl there’s a police standoff in my neighborhood and we can hear it 😅

My dad and I were stepping outside the door to try to hear the loudspeaker from the police car and to hear the neighborhood gossip but we heard the loudspeaker say ‘stay inside the residence’ and we’re all locked up now 😶XD not taking chances lol

Loopy
                  @loopylin

@mineralizedwritings

Yikes! Sounds scary but also kinda cool. Hope you and your neighbors stay safe and that the police are able to take care of everything soon.

Loopy
                    @loopylin

@mineralizedwritngs

Dude paper stars is such a cool name! What’s the other one about?

Thanks!

ok, I’ll try to make this short XD

So, my cryptid story is an urban fantasy/scifi/comedy/idk genres are dumb/mystery that’s set in a little town in Arizona. It’s mostly about the two main characters, Maggie and Rory, going around and hunting for evidence of the supernatural (ghosts, Bigfoot, moth man, reptilians, etc.). There’s more to the story but that’s just the main idea.

Inky is a more recent story that’s kinda a giant mix of a bunch of my old abandoned stories. It’s a fantasy steampunk world with a magic system based off of Ink, a natural magical substance that has the power to give life and animation to anything it touches.

whaley
                      @whalekeeper
                        • Total Posts: 3144

*Watches casually while eating forbidden chips and pop*

You girls are both awesome and will continue to be awesome by definition even when life gets hard. So. Take it from me.

Definitely doesn’t reflect on their author’s character or anything

Tsk tsk tsk, I love your chill style. And you don’t have to make it super emotional for people to like it. You set a base level of chill, so hypothetically any time you go above that, the reader will take it seriously.

Aaaand just because you repress your own emotions doesn’t mean you need to beat up yourself. You are perfectly capable of making impressions on other people, without surface level emotion ❤️

Now don’t beat yourself up. I’m watching you…

Like Batman

Yep… definitely not a reflection of the author…

*Stares with beady eyes at these self-deprecating people*

I will be a therapist online too, if I have to. This has gone on quite long enough.

“Everything is a mountain”

whaley
                        @whalekeeper

Btw, seriously not to change the subject, but I threw down an adult man. Like, on Tuesday. A complete stranger.

Okay, it was Jiu Jitsu practice, but it was still cool. I can’t wait to power-throw more people XDXD

Loopy
                          @loopylin

@whalekeeper

I can’t get away with anything with you around, can I?

Now don’t beat yourself up.

Alright… but only if you remember to feed yourself and drink water, for the sake of your health, not just the aesthetic. ❤️

Also, thanks. You’re really sweet.

Btw, seriously not to change the subject, but I threw down an adult man. Like, on Tuesday. A complete stranger.

YoU’re a NInJa

You training yourself to fight crime? You need a superhero name

whaley
                            @whalekeeper

@loopylin

I can’t get away with anything with you around, can I?

Hahahaha nope. So don’t even try.

Alright… but only if you remember to feed yourself and drink water, for the sake of your health, not just the aesthetic. ❤️

O.O That was creepy. For a second I thought you my irl friend because that’s exactly what she tells me. *Sweats up a storm*

Okay, I will try my best.

Also, thanks. You’re really sweet.

😋❤️ I really will be concerned if you became sad. No one likes a sad Loops.

YoU’re a NInJa

You training yourself to fight crime? You need a superhero name

I am… the Psychic Butt-Kicker. 💅

Smiley
                              @smiley
                                • Total Posts: 2210

@freed_and_redeemed

okay so 1, I would totally read a book with that blurb

2, I read both scenes and if you let Lina dye I will never forgive you

it’ll be full Riker and Leon if you do that

speaking of Leon

*sobs* the poor boy

just something to point out is that there’s a certain broken feeling that comes with being uncared for by a parent

cause everyone says they’re the ones who will always love you, and so it’s the same way with God

and so I get that you’re showing riker feeling unlovable but I also think Leon might feel some of that since God who is suppose to care for everyone has seemed to ignore him while his heart is breaking

just an opinion though

Do me a favor…. Tell Cress I meant it
                                -Thorne

freedom
                                @freed_and_redeemed
                                  • Total Posts: 658

@esther-c

Noooo, Rikerrrrrr!!! Aghhh, from a writer’s perspective, yes, yes, yesss!! From a reader’s perspective, girlll nooooo.

I feel that😂😅😭

I haven’t seen all of season 4 yet, but spoil away. I don’t mind one bit XXD

@smiley

I can see how Leon could feel that way too!!!

also…don’t you know one of the main themes of their trilogy is forgiveness???? 😏😂

seriously though, Lina is going to be fine.

What is strength?
                                  Strength, my son, is being who God has called you to be.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,791 through 5,805 (of 6,581 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >