The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 4,246 through 4,260 (of 6,574 total)
  • Author
    Trailblazer
    @trailblazer
      • Total Posts: 648

@rae

Sorry, I probably won’t be of much help then… sci-fi isn’t my genre of experience.

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Sara
      @savannah_grace2009
        • Total Posts: 2535

@rae @trailblazer @acancello @freedomwriter76 @euodia-vision @smiley @whalekeeper @mineralizedwritings @esther-c

(idk why I tagged you guys, it just appears that you follow this thread, so if you aren’t interested ignore this)

Anybody want to help me name this chapter? I am the WORST at naming chapters…so any help would be appreciated. The chapter:

It was late at night. The crickets were chirping, the wolves were singing their mournful cries to the moon. All was peaceful.

And then a piercing scream of pure agony shattered the calm.

Sef awoke instantly with a start, heart pounding, palms sweating, throwing off the sheets. For a moment she had herself convinced that it was a dream-or maybe it was only a wild animal outside, but then she heard it again, and reality slapped her in the face.

The sound was too loud, too close to be coming from outside. It was coming from within these very walls…Sef’s stomach lurched.

Mother.

She scrambled out of bed and ran to her mother’s room, blood rushing in her ears. Bursting in the room, she jumped as she heard another gut wrenching cry.

“Mahnith!” she cried, running over to the bedside where Neveah lay tangled in the soaked sheets. Every labored breath struck a rhythm in Sef’s heart. “What is it?”

“The baby,” Neveah groaned, clutching her stomach in pain, “Something-something’s wrong…”

“What should I do?” Sef grabbed her mother’s hand. She was scared, more scared than she’d ever been in her life. She couldn’t deliver a baby, she had never done so in her life, and she certainly couldn’t do it alone!

“Go,” Neveah’s voice was so weak Sef had to place her ear by Neveah’s lips to make out the words. “Go, run and get Indie, she will help.” Sef nodded, squeezing her mother’s sweaty hand one last time before dashing out the door and into the night.

The fear biting at her heels made her run faster, faster than she’d ever run in her life. She ran as fast as she could, then forced herself to run faster. She didn’t even feel the jagged rocks under her bare feet, nor did she feel the freezing air as it tore at her flesh.

It seemed like hours later that she finally flung herself on Lilitu’s porch, exhausted. Her legs gave out from under her and she tumbled to the bottom of the door frame. She raised a trembling fist to the chipping paint and knocked. Clearly she heard her heartbeat pounding in her ears, drowning out the sound of her screams for help.

The door flew open, hinges screaming in protest.

“Sef!” she heard Azazel’s voice. “What are you doing outside? It’s freezing out here!”

Tears streaming from her eyes, she forced the words from between her numb lips. “It-it’s my-my mahnith,” she gasped for breath. “Something’s wrong…”

“Come inside,” Azazel grabbed her hand and helped her to her feet. “You’re hands are like ice!” He helped her inside. “Indie!” he called, “Dearest, get Sef some warm tea, and set her by the fire.” Sef’s eyes grew wide. Tea! They didn’t have time for tea! Her mother was practically on her deathbed and they were talking about tea!

“No!” she screamed, wrenching her hand away from Azazel’s. “Mahnith-we have to-” her words were lost to her panicked sobs.

Azazel grasped her by the shoulder and made her sit down in the chair by the roaring fire. The warmth..it radiated up…it felt so good…Sef sighed in relief, but then she heard her mother’s screams in her mind…“I have to-”

“You sit here, Sef, and tell me what is wrong,” Azazel said firmly. Sef tried to brush him off, but he held her firmly in the chair.

“I-” she stammered. “My mani…the baby’s coming…something’s wrong,” she wiped tears from her eyes, but for every one she wiped away a torrent more followed. “I didn’t…I didn’t know what to do,” she buried her face in her hands. Indie knelt down in front of Sef, and took her hands. Sef saw that she was wearing her coat, as was Azazel. They were leaving? Sef wondered.

“Sef, I want you to take a deep breath,” Indie said in a motherly tone. Sef did, but all the while she was worrying about her mother, alone in the dark…“Your mother is going to be alright, but I have to hurry over there, fast. You are going to stay here-”

“No!” Sef howled. “I need to be there for her-”

“-It’s not going to do her any good if you’re worrying over her like a mother hen. You’ll stay here and that’s final.” Indie’s voice was firm, her jaw set.

Sef only cried harder.

“Cassian!” Indie called from the doorway, “Don’t let her leave this house.”

“Yes, mani,” Cassian came into the room and sat beside Sef, and then the door closed and all was silent, save for Sef’s hysterical sobs.

She finally grew tired of crying, but the fear was still there. She had lost her father. She couldn’t lose her mahnith too. She watched the dancing flames for a moment, and then the world spun around her. She welcomed the darkness.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Sara.

Lukas&Livia
        #Lalbert
        Sef&Chase
        #HOTTOLINE
        LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Sara
        @savannah_grace2009

Oh, and I just wrote more. NOW the chapter’s finished lol

Lilitu opened his eyes to the sound of someone crying, hushed voices, and the door slamming closed.

What? He frowned in confusion, slowly sitting up. Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, he climbed out of bed, feeling the cool air against his bare chest.

Coming into the living room, he stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Sef sleeping on the couch, and Cassian sitting next to her.

“What-huh?”

“Shush!” Cassian whispered. “She just fell asleep.”

“What did I miss?” he dropped his voice to a whisper.

“You should go back to sleep. You’ll hear about it later.” Lilitu glared at him. “Oh, and Lilitu?” Cassian smirked. “It’s a good thing she wasn’t awake. Next time, remember to put clothes on.”

At first Lilitu was confused, but then he looked down. And then he realized that he was wearing nothing but his boxers. He let out a yelp and sprinted back down the hallway back to his room.

He laid back down on his bed, and barely had time to remember how embarrassed he was before he drifted back into sleep.

Lukas&Livia
          #Lalbert
          Sef&Chase
          #HOTTOLINE
          LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

RAE
          @rae
            • Total Posts: 3555

@savannah_grace2009

Night’s scream

A manith’s call

Midnight’s shock

“Gargoyles and thickets, griffins and briskets."

Sara
            @savannah_grace2009

@rae

oooh! I like those! thanks!

Lukas&Livia
              #Lalbert
              Sef&Chase
              #HOTTOLINE
              LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Loopy
              @loopylin
                • Total Posts: 2334

@ava-blue @savannah_grace2009 Wasn’t sure how to post pics of feathered mushrooms in that other thread, so I shall show you here. :]
                ✨✨✨

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

Loopy
                @loopylin

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

Loopy
                  @loopylin

They make me so happy

Sara
                    @savannah_grace2009

@loopylin

WHAT??? AHH THEY’RE SO CUTE! :)))

Lukas&Livia
                      #Lalbert
                      Sef&Chase
                      #HOTTOLINE
                      LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Esther
                      @esther-c
                        • Total Posts: 3421

@savannah_grace2009

I wish I could help but I don’t normally name my chapters (I struggle enough with naming my projects. XD). But I think Rae had some good suggestions. 🙂

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Sara
                        @savannah_grace2009

@esther-c

Okay, yeah I get that. Naming chapters is hard!!!

Lukas&Livia
                          #Lalbert
                          Sef&Chase
                          #HOTTOLINE
                          LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

hybridlore
                          @hybridlore
                            • Total Posts: 1404

@rae

Do you know anything else about the character? How much of the book will he be in.

You could always try opening a blank doc and just talking to yourself about him… I usually am able to figure things out through just ranting and asking myself questions like that. I think it’s called an Everything Page?

“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers. It would be terrible if we just skipped

Allison
                            @acancello
                              • Total Posts: 842

@savannah_grace2009

The ones Rae gave you are really good! Have you written the next chapter yet? (I want to see how this ends 🙂 )

"Would you kindly...?"

Sara
                              @savannah_grace2009

@acancello

This is all I’ve written in the next chapter:

The next morning, Lilitu walked out of his room, wearing actual clothes this time.

He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Sef sleeping on the couch. Then all the memories from last night came rushing back. Why was she here? What had happened? Where were his parents?

Sef’s green hair framed her face, and her long lashes fluttered with every soft breath. Her red lips curved like rose petals and-

“Caught you staring!” Lilitu jumped as someone clapped their hands on his shoulders from behind. He whirled around to face a smug Eloy. His brother’s green eyes were filled with mirth, and he swept the blonde hair out of his eyes. Why was it so easy for people to scare him? he wondered. “You love her,” Eloy observed, “And don’t even try to deny it.” Lilitu’s face turned red. “Ha! I knew it!” Eloy laughed.

“Shut up,” Lilitu spat, glaring at his older brother, and stormed off to the kitchen to find something to eat.

“You’re in a good mood,” Lilitu startled as Cassian appeared from behind the corner. Why does this always happen to me?

“Where’s mani and pani?” Lilitu avoided his question and presented his own, reaching for a banana. “What did I miss last night?”

“You missed a hysterical girl and a breech baby,” Eloy called from the living room.

“A what?” Lilitu blinked.

“Sef came here last night, in a panic,” Cassian began, “Because Neveah was having her baby-”

“Neveah was pregnant?” Lilitu stared, unsure whether or not Cass was making it up.

“None of us knew,” Eloy came into the kitchen. “They kept it a secret, and for good reason. We all know Lilitu’s a Pythonos sympathizer and would tell on Neveah the first chance he got.”

“I would not!” Lilitu punched Eloy in the shoulder.

“Anyway, Mani delivered the baby, and Pani helped get water and things.”

“Wow.” Lilitu frowned. “Why didn’t you wake me up?”

“You woke yourself up,” Cass smirked evilly, “but came out naked.”

“What did I miss?” Eloy gaped.

“Shut up,” Lilitu said between his teeth.

Lukas&Livia
                                #Lalbert
                                Sef&Chase
                                #HOTTOLINE
                                LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Allison
                                @acancello
                                  • Total Posts: 842

@savannah_grace2009

🤣 Eloy, Cass and Lilitu are perfect brothers! Please tag me if you write/post more!

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Allison.

"Would you kindly...?"

Viewing 15 posts - 4,246 through 4,260 (of 6,574 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >