The All-Boys Royal Academy AU RP!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions The All-Boys Royal Academy AU RP!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 254 total)
  • Author
    Koshka
    @koshka
      • Total Posts: 1555

Nik’s RPs may be a little heartachey at times, but do know that it turns out alright in the end, and that he does have a sense of humor.

Nikolai

Horse hooves pounded over ground in rhythm to his heartbeat. He leaned forward in the saddle, gripping the horse, Poshari, with his knees.

Closer…closer…

The beats sped on in steady pace as the target grew larger. Inhale. draw an arrow. Nock it.

Closer…closer…

Draw and hold.

Thwack.

A second arrow found the first, then a third shot over the back of his horse. The pounding hooves slowed to a stop and Nikolai swung off to collect his arrows.

One of the shots stood a good inch outside of the center mark. He ground his teeth.

A Korol must never miss.

After carefully removing the arrow, he swung into the saddle and walked the horse back to the paddock. War horses like Poshari were not to be pampered with stables.

He wiped the sweat out of his eyes, squinted at the blazing ball of fire overhead, and sighed.

Dismounting, Nikolai handed the reins to a stableboy and started off toward the Houses at a dead run. Sure, the school had been surprised often by the Volkovian ways, but…

A Korol that cannot fight is a Korol no longer.

Even in this heat his father’s words sent shivers spiking into his shoulders, one hand grasping for his sword to grip the pommel.

Instead they found the strand of pearls.

Nikolai stumbled to a halt, breathing heavy.

“Nikolai?” Irina’s voice was soft. The betrothal ceremony was over, her hand his, his sword hers.

“Yes Princess?”

She smiled for a moment before her eyebrows scrunched together, and she reached out to touch the sword once again girt to his side. “Don’t hesitate to draw that. If you need to.”

“What if I break the band?”

She unwound the string of pearls and carefully wrapped it again so that it no longer locked the sword in place. “I’d rather have my prince than a bunch of pearls.”

Nikolai closed the door to the House behind him and sighed. The hair along the back of his neck prickled forcing him to turn around.

Timur leaned against the doorpost. His eyes were cold.

(According to Volkish custom an engaged groom cannot go into battle. At the betrothal ceremony he gives his sword over to his future father-in-law who either keeps it as a pledge or binds it so it cannot be drawn without breaking the band, depending on the situation)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Koshka.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

whaley
      @whalekeeper
        • Total Posts: 3142

@koshka

Yep, pretty much…

Interesting worldbuilding! I like the betrothal tradition – gives him a backstory and a disadvantage -and the pearls thing is sweet.

“Everything is a mountain”

Koshka
        @koshka
          • Total Posts: 1555

@whalekeeper

Thanks! I’m working on it.

And the pearls just sort of wrote themselves in there…I don’t typically write romance.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 8156

@godlyfantasy12 @whalekeeper @euodia-vision @smiley @whalekeeper @keilah-h @anyone-I-may-be-forgetting-apologies-XD

Soooooooooooo, I probably won’t be able to be on here a lot, but I kinda want to at least join this RP a little bit 😁

I’ll probably just add a couple of people, but that’ll be it, and I probably won’t RP a whole lot in this RP, but I’ll try to RP at least occasionally 🙂

So, without further ado….

RIKER!!!!! MY BABYYYYY

Story: Born into a poor family, Riker knew only poverty for many years of his childhood, up until he was 12 years old, when his grandfather was able to conquer their kingdom, and gave it to Riker’s father, Franz, who became the king.

Life suddenly improved, and Riker’s sister, Angelina, was able to go to a school for girls, to learn under Governess’, and she loves her life.

But tragedy was just over the horizon.

Riker’s mother Jennie died, leaving Riker stranded, alone, without his sister or his mother, stuck with his abusive father, grandfather, and his distant grandmother. And even more trouble was brewing.

Their kingdom was soon at war with another, and Riker’s grandfather was both killed.

His grandmother, fearing that their kingdom would soon be stolen, arranged a marriage between Riker and a young woman, Iris, and Franz, his father, sent his son to a Royal Academy to learn how to be a King.

But Riker’s life is still far from easy, and he hates the academy.

He fears for Iris and for Angelina, and his “tutor”, arranged by his father, isn’t a nice man.

Not to mention how much he misses his mother…and how much he wants the war between his kingdom and another to end.

Clothing is like the pic…definitely doesn’t dress like a normal prince XD Doesn’t even wear a crown, because only his father wears a crown.

Smiley
            @smiley
              • Total Posts: 2210

@freedomwriter76

Riker!!!!!!

*me cries* poor boy

Do me a favor…. Tell Cress I meant it
              -Thorne

Anonymous

And also…😏

LEON!!!!

Looks: Long, slightly wavy black hair, dark brown eyes, tan skin. Clothing kinda like the pic. Wears a purple tunic, black pants/black boots, a fluffy, white cape, and a silver crown.

Story: Born to farming parents, Leon didn’t know poverty, but he didn’t know riches either. His mother died when he was little, and he doesn’t even remember her.

His father was a wonderful man, but he died when Leon was 15, but not everything was bad.

Leon met Aadelheide, the princess of the kingdom…and soon, they were betrothed. Aadelheide’s mother, the Queen of their kingdom, loves Leon to pieces, and would never want another man for her daughter. Leon was ready to go to the Royal Academy to learn how to be a Prince at the age of 17, but plans had to change…

…because you see…

…their kingdom is at war with another…

and Leon’s betrothed was killed in retaliation of their army killing the King of the other kingdom’s father.

But within a year, he was sent to the Academy, Louisa knowing that he needed both a distraction and needed to learn how to be a King, even if her daughter had passed.

Hatred and bitterness festers inside of him, and Leon wants whoever was responsible for Aadelheide’s death dead. He wants the King of the other kingdom to feel his pain…and then…

…he meets said King’s son…and may just have his chance…

Anonymous

Yeahhhhhh, these two really shouldn’t be at the academy together 😬😅

Anonymous

@smiley i know…poor baby 😭

Smiley
                    @smiley

@freedomwriter76

Awwwww

Poor Leon

why are your character so tragic

*me totally ignoring all my characters and their traumas XD*

-Thorne

Anonymous

@smiley I mean, to be fair, I’ve changed their stories a bit for this AU…but yes, many of my poor babies are traumatized 😭❤️

Smiley
                        @smiley

@freedomwriter76

true XD

But still, they’re tragic in your actual book

but I love your charries

especially Riker

-Thorne

Anonymous

@godlyfantasy12 @mineralizedwritings @smiley @keilah-h @euodia-vision @whalekeeper

Here’s my charries 😉

TRIGGER WARNING: Mentions of Abuse

Riker

Riker gingerly adjusted his red scarf. It kept trying to come undone.

His tutor’s eyes slightly narrowed, and he tightened the scarf.

It wasn’t too tight, but from the sudden tug and tightening, Riker gasped.

“You’re here to learn how to be a King. And you can be kicked out, so watch where you tread, Prince. You wouldn’t want to get kicked out, would you?”

Riker shook his head, fast.

He knew what his father would do if he were kicked out.

Riker would certainly have more scars added to his body.

He shivered.

Hans’ coal eyes bore into him, scrutinizing, waiting for Riker to make a mistake. Riker knew his father had given his tutor permission to beat him as he saw fit.

Hans adjusted his scarf again. “Do your absolute best, and don’t fail. I won’t help you or stand up for you if you fail. Your father would be most disappointed.”

Riker swallowed hard.

He couldn’t afford to fail.

“Yessir. I won’t fail.”

Leon

“You’ll do well here, Prince Leon, I know you will.”

Leon smiled gently at his tutor, Isaiah. “Thank you, Isaiah…I’ll do my best.”

His tutor smiled and finished adjusting Leon’s cape. “There,” he stepped back, “you’re ready for classes.”

Leon adjusted the silver crown atop his head. “I look well?”

“You look wonderful, your highness. Now, off with you,” Isaiah gently patted his back, “classes will be starting soon. You can’t be late. I will help you with all you need help with, my Prince.”

“Of course, Isaiah,” Leon gently held the door, “I know you will.” He smiled and closed the door behind him, walking out into the hallway of the magnificent building.

Anonymous

@smiley I know they’re tragic…my babies 😭😭

Aww, tysm ❤️ Yes, Riker is my fav too 😂😂😍

Smiley
                              @smiley

@freedomwriter76

I wondered if the tutor was Hans

Now I feel even more bad for Riker

-Thorne

Anonymous

@smiley ma baby…😭

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 254 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >