Nonhuman Sentient Beings

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Fantasy Nonhuman Sentient Beings

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Sara
    @savannah_grace2009
      • Total Posts: 2535

@linus-smallprint

No, Eloy and Cassian are full brothers (idk if I said that right lol). They have the same mother and father– mother is Indie and father is Azazel. Lilitu was adopted, because his parents were Jraldath and Selena (AKA Kaden and Sevryn from the Prologue). The reason Lilitu isn’t part Pythonos is that he was born before his parents became Pythonos.

Yeah pretty much. Technically they’re not HUMANS, but they look like humans except their different features. (idk if that’s what you were saying or not XD)

The Pythonos thing you quoted mostly referred to how the protagonists have to battle the Pythonos, and they have to see the lies they believe. I wasn’t talking about the Pythonos there…I was talking about how the characters are being controlled by Pythonos.

But yes, there is still hope for them. Me and Jonas and Ellette and Whaley had a HUGE conversation about that in which my ADHD kicked in and I kept contradicting myself and confusing the entirety of KP 😑

The complications with Pythonos is that they represent both demons AND fallen people. Demons can’t be saved, so this complicates things. But after thinking a lot, I decided that Pythonos can be saved but only by the Great One’s power. Normally Andromedans can be saved by hearing the truth and denouncing lies, but Pythonos can’t regret what they’ve done and are completly evil. It takes the Great One’s power to cut through the darkness and make them truly SEE.

I know that anytime someone is saved, it is a miracle, but it is TRULY a miracle if a Pythonos is saved.

Does that make sense? (I love how I say that at the end of every post 🙄🙄 shows how scattered my thoughts are!)

Lukas&Livia
      #Lalbert
      Sef&Chase
      #HOTTOLINE
      LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Sara
      @savannah_grace2009

Oh and about the names…

i’m soooo bad at names.

I literally just googled:

last names that mean water, plants, pain, etc.

So yeah. I know I’m a terrible worldbuilder and that should be a crime…but it works lol

Lukas&Livia
        #Lalbert
        Sef&Chase
        #HOTTOLINE
        LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h
          • Total Posts: 4721

@linus-smallprint Not really, no species is all good or all bad. There’s good and bad of any type.

And yeah, I really like the Drachenheul too! I was trying something new when I made them…combining several different creatures and seeing how it’d look. The one in my drawing is named Dr. Humboldt. He’s an ex-military medic.

Personally, my favorites are the Ailurids and the Argonites, but that’s because I love cats and reptiles….hehe

I don’t know why I always give them human heads. For this particular story, it’s because all the races are descended from humans (kinda like yours, but not exactly)

In most of my other stories, when humans exist alongside other sentients, those creatures also have human features, and when there are no humans, then I typically have like talking animals and anthropomorphic ones and that kinda thing. I don’t completely know why that is.

I would THINK everyone would at least know OF humans, lol…….I mean, you’re talking to one (At least I appear human anyway. I think I might have a little Ailurid in there somewhere, but it doesn’t show)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
          @keilah-h

@savannah_grace2009 You kidding?? You have AMAZING worldbuilding!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Sara
            @savannah_grace2009

@keilah-h

Aww tysm! As a new worldbuilder this means a lot 💕💕

Lukas&Livia
              #Lalbert
              Sef&Chase
              #HOTTOLINE
              LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Keilah H.
              @keilah-h

@savannah_grace2009 You’re welcome!! I really like your ideas.

Keilah H.
                @keilah-h

@savannah_grace2009 I finished another creature! Here’s a Suilean with his wings spread:

@theshadow
                  I have most of the rest of the team if you go a page or so back.

Sara
                  @savannah_grace2009

@keilah-h

Thank you!

And so cool!

Lukas&Livia
                    #Lalbert
                    Sef&Chase
                    #HOTTOLINE
                    LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

TheShadow
                    @theshadow
                      • Total Posts: 305

@keilah-h

I LOVE THEM ALL!! Your art is so good!!! I like Soldier and Medic’s designs the best, but they’re all great!! And your different species are cool too, they all sound interesting.

"No! Monkeys should have pets, all monkeys should have pets!"

Keilah H.
                      @keilah-h

@theshadow thank you!!!

yessss I love Soldier’s design, he was the first one I drew. I’ve actually seen a lot of fan art of TF2 characters with wings, and of course they usually make Soldier an eagle, so I had no shortage of references.

also I greatly enjoy how I was able to make Medic’s paws and Sniper’s talons digitigrade (that is, the way creatures like wolves and some reptiles walk) and make it look like they’re standing comfortably. I don’t know how they’d walk like that, but at least it looks good.

I should get Heavy, Pyro and some of the minor characters done so I can show them to you!

also some random facts that don’t really have to do with the characters specifically but are cool:

• Changelings can have patterns on their bodies. Under normal conditions, they’re nearly impossible to see, but under a black light they’re obvious. Spy and Huntress have a few stripes on their faces, arms and legs. Scout should have some too, but his human genetics overrode them.
                        • Argonites have natural immunity to several poisons. Sniper has completely shrugged off the effects of otherwise dangerous mushrooms multiple times (meanwhile poor Soldier or Scout decides that because his teammate ate it and is fine, he’ll be fine eating it, and has hallucinations for days). It gives him an upper edge when he’s in the middle of nowhere and out of food.
                        • Yes, Drachenheul do howl. Medic has freaked everyone out in the middle of the night howling at the moon a bunch of times. (Sometimes a real wolf or another Drachenheul in a town somewhere will hear him and answer.)

TheShadow
                        @theshadow

@keilah-h

I’ve actually seen a lot of fan art of TF2 characters with wings, and of course they usually make Soldier an eagle, so I had no shortage of references.

Nice!

also I greatly enjoy how I was able to make Medic’s paws and Sniper’s talons digitigrade (that is, the way creatures like wolves and some reptiles walk) and make it look like they’re standing comfortably. I don’t know how they’d walk like that, but at least it looks good.

That’s true XD

I should get Heavy, Pyro and some of the minor characters done so I can show them to you!

Yes please!!

Argonites have natural immunity to several poisons. Sniper has completely shrugged off the effects of otherwise dangerous mushrooms multiple times (meanwhile poor Soldier or Scout decides that because his teammate ate it and is fine, he’ll be fine eating it, and has hallucinations for days). It gives him an upper edge when he’s in the middle of nowhere and out of food.

Ooh that’s cool.

Yes, Drachenheul do howl. Medic has freaked everyone out in the middle of the night howling at the moon a bunch of times. (Sometimes a real wolf or another Drachenheul in a town somewhere will hear him and answer.)

Lol that’s great.

Keilah H.
                          @keilah-h

@theshadow I’ll get together those drawings soon!

also sift through my ideas and see if I can dredge up some more facts about the creatures. They were super fun to come up with.

TheShadow
                            @theshadow

@keilah-h

also sift through my ideas and see if I can dredge up some more facts about the creatures. They were super fun to come up with.

I looked at a few, and they’re really cool!

Keilah H.
                              @keilah-h

@theshadow thanks! I didn’t mean for you to sift through my ideas lol, I meant I was going to and see if I had anything cool for you XD. reading over it I realized I made a typo which made it seem like I was saying that. heh heh.

anyway.

TheShadow
                                @theshadow

@keilah-h

Ohhh okay XD

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >