Nonhuman Sentient Beings

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Fantasy Nonhuman Sentient Beings

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Keilah H.
    @keilah-h
      • Total Posts: 4721

There can also be hybrids of the different species. Like I said, the main character is half-Changeling half-human, and she in turn marries a crocodile-tailed Argonite. I also have an Ornithiform-Arcturan couple.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Sara
      @savannah_grace2009
        • Total Posts: 2535

@keilah-h

Wow!!! That makes me so happy you read through that whole thing! because even i probably wouldn’t have that long of an attention span XD XD

I forgot to mention Erstonians.

Erstonia is a country that’s across the ocean from Andromeda.

The people who live there are diverse in appearances. There’s no rule for skin, hair, eyes, etc. Some have various traits of Andromedans, and some have distant relatives who were Andromedans. But they all have one thing in common: Shapeshifting.

They can shapeshift into anything that is alive, such as plants, dragons, Andromedans, etc. As Erstonians age, they become better at controling their ability so that one cannot even tell the difference. But when they’re younger, if you look close enough you can tell little mistakes that make it obvious that they’re just shapeshifting.

I’d love to see your pictures!

Lukas&Livia
        #Lalbert
        Sef&Chase
        #HOTTOLINE
        LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h

@savannah_grace2009 You’re welcome! I love worldbuilding like that! The Andromedans and Erstonians are cool, and I like your sentient tree idea.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Sara
          @savannah_grace2009

@keilah-h

Thank youuuu! That makes me feel a lot better about my worldbuilding because I feel like I suck at it XD

Let me just info dump about the trees (don’t read this if you don’t want to, it’s a lot)

So in my story the trees are intelligent, thinking beings, and are often used as Messengers of the Great One (God). So since Azazel killed the tree to provide for his family (in chapter 2 idk if you’ve read that or not), he essentially committed murder, in order to provide for his family. It’s obvious he regrets it after he does it, so he is forgiven.

Also in the beginning I was kind of thinking that the trees would in some sort of confusing way, represent the Holy Spirit since it’s an allegory, and they bring messages to the people. Before you burn me at the stake for committing heresy by suggesting that the Holy Spirit can be killed…that’s not what I believe at all! The trees can be killed because that’s a form of suppressing the truth that the Holy Spirit tries to tell us. Killing the tree represents when we don’t want to listen to the Holy Spirit’s correction, and we ignore Him and consciously ignore Him. Even though Azazel’s intentions were good, he still suppressed the truth.

Lukas&Livia
            #Lalbert
            Sef&Chase
            #HOTTOLINE
            LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Keilah H.
            @keilah-h

here are the characters! I have to do one at a time.

Keilah H.
              @keilah-h

@savannah_grace2009 whoa, cool!

also here’s my next creature (turns out I also drew an Ailurid! I forgot about him):

Keilah H.
                @keilah-h

(this one’s my favorite lol)

Keilah H.
                  @keilah-h

I’m really proud of the way I made this Changeling look like he’s disappearing.

Keilah H.
                    @keilah-h

Sara
                      @savannah_grace2009

@keilah-h

Thanks!!!

Wowwww you’re so good at drawing 😍 I love your worldbuilding too!!!

Lukas&Livia
                        #Lalbert
                        Sef&Chase
                        #HOTTOLINE
                        LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Keilah H.
                        @keilah-h

And here’s my human protagonists just for comparison. I haven’t done any of the other creatures yet.

Sara
                          @savannah_grace2009

Niceeee!

Lukas&Livia
                            #Lalbert
                            Sef&Chase
                            #HOTTOLINE
                            LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Linus Smallprint
                            @linus-smallprint
                              • Total Posts: 395

@savannah_grace2009

Thank you for the list. So your creatures are humans with different skin/hair colour and that colour relates to powers they have. So are Eloy and Cassian half-brothers then?

Pythonos demonstrate how we can’t break free from Satan’s power unless Jesus helps us to see the lies we believe and we resist the devil, like the verse that says “resist the Devil and he will flee” (I don’t have the reference at the top of my head but oh well).

So there is hope for them still, I was wondering that.

Can you explain the names to me more, please? I understand Aquino, which I’m guessing you got from ‘aqua’, the Latin word for water. Did you come up with the other names in a similar way?

Keilah H.
                              @keilah-h

@savannah_grace2009 thanks! It’s still being worked on but I greatly enjoy making up creatures like this 😁

I’m working on a drawing of a Suilean today, hopefully I’ll have him finished by tomorrow.

Linus Smallprint
                                @linus-smallprint
                                  • Total Posts: 395

@keilah-h

Thanks for sharing! Are any of these races explicitly good or bad? With this new list, I think I like Drachenheul best. (I am kink of biased towards wolves.)

Do you have some new story you are planning with all of this?

Humans—You know these.

You sure about that?

Also, out of curiosity, why do you always give them human heads?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >