Nonhuman Sentient Beings

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Fantasy Nonhuman Sentient Beings

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Keilah H.
    @keilah-h
      • Total Posts: 4721

Another Icewraith! Also my profile picture! (They vary a lot in color. This guy’s a cyborg.)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
      @keilah-h

An Imperialwing, or water dragon! I drew this one like 2 years ago but I’m still really proud of him.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h

They’re found throughout the oceans of the world. This one’s a Caribbean Imperialwing.

Keilah H.
          @keilah-h

I’ll post more as soon as I get the pictures…I have to transfer them from the phone to the computer.

Linus Smallprint
            @linus-smallprint
              • Total Posts: 395

@keilah-h

Thank you for sharing! What did you use to colour Tech?

Keilah H.
              @keilah-h

@linus-smallprint Well, I didn’t draw him completely, I just traced him and added the wings/tail/cyborg bits. I did him completely on the iPad drawing app Procreate.

Linus Smallprint
                @linus-smallprint

@keilah-h

Okay. Now I see he is Tech for The Bad Batch, right? (I don’t have any streaming services, and have not seen this show.)

I’ve heard Procreate is a good drawing software. I would use it, except I do not have an iPad. I currently use Clip Studio Paint, but have been looking into Sketchbook Pro recently.

Keilah H.
                  @keilah-h

@linus-smallprint Yep! It’s a really good show if you ever get the chance to watch it. Tech never actually becomes a cyborg in the show (although his brother Echo already is one), but there is something that happens to him in canon which could in an AU lead to him being one.

It is a good software! I’ve used it for a LOT of tracings and fan art. I don’t know much about the other two programs you mentioned, but I’m assuming they’re just or almost as good.

Keilah H.
                    @keilah-h

Here are some more dragons by the way:

A Celestial Starserpent (They live for hundreds of years and only get this huge when they’re older)

Keilah H.
                      @keilah-h

A Firefest (As you can see, this one’s wings are part of his arms rather than being separate limbs)

Keilah H.
                        @keilah-h

A hybrid–half Patriot Dragon, half Russian Zmey.

Keilah H.
                          @keilah-h

Two armored Spartanwings. They come in a multitude of colors. I especially like the blades on the end of their tails.

Linus Smallprint
                            @linus-smallprint

@keilah-h

So apparently Sara and I have inspired you to make some more fantasy creatures? I would be curious to know what they are.

Sara
                              @savannah_grace2009
                                • Total Posts: 2535

@linus-smallprint @keilah-h

Here is a list of the races in my book. Note that each race listed appears human except for the color of their skin, hair, eyes, and blood, and their powers of course.

Azer: Azers are pyrokinetics and can create and manipulate fire with their mind. It isn’t just the cliche “can shoot fire from their hands and from their body”, it’s them focusing on an object which then bursts into flame. They can also manipulate already existing flames, and they can extinguish flames as well. They have red/maroon/orange skin, hair, yellow/orange eyes, and orange blood.

Example in the book: When Lilitu steals bread from the Azer and the Azer uses their powers to burn their merchandise in a rage.

Pitt: A Pitt can manipulate nature and communicate with it. Trees in my world are conscious beings, and Andromedans can only communicate with them if the tree opens the telepathic  connection first. Other Andromedans cannot speak to trees unless the tree speaks first, but Pitts can both listen to trees and speak to trees without the tree initiating the conversation. Pitts can sing the trees and the plants in nature to do their bidding. They can sense animal’s emotions and impress pictures and emotions on the animals to make the animal do something or think a certain way, but they cannot speak to the animal or use words to communicate with the animal. Pitts have green (varying shades of green) skin, hair, eyes, and blood.

Examples: Neveah is genetically a Pitt, and Sef and Neveah used to live on the border of Wrallethom Heights and the Pitt District.

Aquino: Aquinos are hydrokinetics and manipulate water. They can also pull moisture from the air, etc. They have blue skin, hair, eyes, and blood.

Examples: Livia, the mob of Aquinos that chased Lilitu, Lilitu’s biological mother (Sevryn) before she became a Pythonos.

Estrello: Estrellos can pull light from the stars to manipulate it how they choose. They have dark/tan skin, dark hair, and violet eyes.

Examples: Kratos and Odessa, Indie is part Estrello and looks exactly like one except for streaks of white in her hair from a human parent.

Payne: A Payne is any of the above races that is crossed with a human. Paynes are a mix. Sometimes they appear exactly like their Andromedan parent and could never be identified as a Payne unless someone looked at their genetics. Sometimes they appear pure human, and other times they are very much a mix. The genetic mutation often results in disfigurements such as Lilitu’s twisted foot. It is possible for a Payne to get the abilities of it’s Andromedan parent, but extremely rare, and normally the powers are not full strength.

If a pure Andromedan couples with a human, their child is a Payne. Now the parents are considered Paynes as well, regardless of their previous genetics.

Examples of Paynes with special abilities (SPOILER): Eloy. This is how Eloy can disappear, he can bend the light around him and become invisible.

Examples of Paynes: Sef (half Pitt, half human), Lilitu (half Aquino, half human) Cassian (part Aquino), Eloy (part Estrello), Indie, Azazel, etc.

Pythonos: Pythonos are any Andromedan, Payne, or human that takes an oath to serve the Master (an allegory of Satan). They become pure evil, they lose all capabilities to love, regret, have any emotion other than the will to do evil. Their eyes become completely black, they get pale white skin, startlingly red lips and dark hair. If they are cut or wounded, the wound closes (so basically they are immortal).

Their power is lies and dark magic. Pythonos cannot tell the truth (unless they are speaking to each other or to their Master), even if they want to, they physically and mentally cannot speak the truth, unless it is distorted or twisted somehow. When a Pythonos tells a lie, and the victim believes it, the victim is in the power of the Pythonos and the Pythonos that told the lie recieve a “power boost” (Idk what to call it 😂😂) and the Pythonos now has the ability to cast a spell of dark magic over the victim. However, if the victim becomes aware of the truth and either believes it or confronts the Pythonos with the truth, the Pythonos lose as much power as the lie gave them and as much power as they used with the dark magic.

This is why the Pythonos often don’t use dark magic. If they weave several lies to trap a person, and with those lies, cast several magic spells (the energy required to cast even one dark magic spell is incredible) using the power they get with those lies, only to have the person denounce the lies much later, their energy basically goes into the negatives (depending on how many spells they use on that one person). Lies bind a Pythonos to that person forever. So if one Pythonos enslaves a nation with lies, if all of them denounce the lies, than the Pythonos loses so much energy at once that he/she will certainly die.

Pythonos seem unbeatable on the outside, but the only way to have victory over them is simple: to recognize their lies and replace the lies with truth.

The Pythonos show that lying ensnares you as much as it does the person you lie to. It might seem like you gain power when you lie, but it’s entangling you as well.

Pythonos have a severe allergic reaction to any sort of mention to the Great One or the Scriptures. If the Great One’s name is spoken, it burns their eyes and ears, same with Scriptures. Regular Pythonos can say the Great One’s name, but it’s agony to the Master.

Pythonos demonstrate how we can’t break free from Satan’s power unless Jesus helps us to see the lies we believe and we resist the devil, like the verse that says “resist the Devil and he will flee” (I don’t have the reference at the top of my head but oh well).

Idk if any of that made sense. At all.

So if you have any questions please feel free to ask me, as it will help me develop my races more strongly and also it will help me think about it more clearly!

If you made it this far you get an award XD that was a LOT. lol thanks!

Lukas&Livia
                                #Lalbert
                                Sef&Chase
                                #HOTTOLINE
                                LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Keilah H.
                                @keilah-h

@savannah_grace2009 I love all of them! I also like how they’re all basically human but with powers and different colored skin–that’s typically what I end up doing too. And don’t worry, my creature rant will be long also.

@linus-smallprint
                                  You asked, I answered! Here’s a description of each creature straight from the fanfic I made them for:

The people here are not that different from your world’s. Some have tails or wings or fur, yes. But they all have the faces and bodies of humans, and they’re all human inside.

Here are the species you’ll encounter over the course of my journey:

Humans—You know these. They’re all over the galaxy. They’re what my brother and I are.

Changelings—These look just like humans, but they have skin that can change color in an instant, eyes whose pupils can narrow like a cat’s, and some have forked tongues. They, too, live all over the place. [Side note: The main character and her twin brother are actually half-Changeling, but it’s not super obvious]

Drachenheul—These have the wings of a bat, the tail of a wolf, and gray fur.

Ornithiforms—Tiny feathers cover their bodies, and they have birdlike wings coming from their backs and tails. Can be any kind of bird.

Suileans—These have hard, beetle-like elytra coverings on their backs, under which are a pair of thin wings. They also have hexagonal irises.

Salamandrion—No one actually knows what these guys look like. Their planet is far too hellish and hostile for most of the other creatures, and they are adapted so much to it that they will freeze if they don’t wear a suit that fully covers their bodies.

Arcturans—These are huge, strong, and have thick brown fur and fangs, like bears. No tails though.

Argonites—These come in two varieties: one with a crocodile-like tail and flat scales, and one with a shark-like tail and sharp scales. Both have small gill slits on their necks, and their scales usually begin at their waists.

Ailurids—These are typically smaller than the other races and have catlike ears, fur, and tails.

There are other species, such as the small, fox-tailed Vulpines or the venomous, snake-tailed Sunekite, but they’re not important to the story.

You can tell I reused the Ailurids and Ornithiforms that I already mentioned to you.

If you have any more questions, I’m open!

I also drew an Ornithiform, a Changeling, an Argonite and a Drachenheul if you want to see them.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >