Hullo!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    MineralizedWritings
    @mineralizedwritings
      • Total Posts: 2972

@theloonyone

I listen to a wide variety but I can narrow it down to mostly indie and classic rock.

Classic rock is great! I got introduced to that by my parents 🙂

I like some of Journey’s songs, what about you?

By art, I mean that I have been slowly learning how to draw over the past two years.

That’s great! yep, art takes time.

Oh boy. I haven’t really gone into the themes very much with anyone, so I might as well now. Milo, the main character spends most of his time in a simulation and is pretty much addicted to it. He meets Cammie, who is also addicted to the simulation. The two help each other to learn how to live outside of it. The basic theme is beating an addiction and not using it to run away from your life. On a more personal level, I’ve pictured the simulation as this life and the real world in the novel as heaven.

Ooh, interesting. Great theme!

I’ve recently been giving the chicken as my answer to that question.

XD I LOVE CHICKENS!! Do you like silkies?

Thank you for the kind greeting and I also hope to see you around!

😃

"Than finish it... Because I'm with you till the end of the line." <3

Folith-Feolin
      @folith-feolin
        • Total Posts: 311

[quote quote=119943] @folith-feolin I can always take book suggestions! Sadly, most of them will have to go to my read someday when I am no longer swamped with school and other time-consuming things list.[/quote]

Lol! I am the exact same way albeit it’s more like the binge read once I finally slog my way to winter/spring/summer break list. I actually got through my entire preplannned list for last summer granted I was like binging about the equivalent of the entire lord of the rings in 2 days due to only reading for about 15 hours strait everyday for the 3 weeks in between the end of online gym and start of school. 🙂

TheLoonyOne
        @theloonyone
          • Total Posts: 446

@mineralizedwritings

I only know a few Journey songs, but they are all great! Do you like any other Classic rock bands? My favorite is Pink Floyd. 😏😁

*Quickly googles silkies* 😱 Yes, yes I do like silkies. How did you know? (whispers with wide eyes: do you see that fluff ball? It’s incredible!)

MineralizedWritings
          @mineralizedwritings

@Theloonyone

I don’t know a lot of pink floyd! I’m pretty careful with what I listen too, so I don’t listen to new songs much unless it’s a christian artist (I like some of For King and Country’s songs).

Do you have any favorite christian artists?

As far as classic rock… not sure exactly what counts but I love Elton John’s song Rocketman.

Yes! Aren’t Silkies so sweet looking!?

I NEED A FLOOFY SILKY!! 🤣

TheLoonyOne
            @theloonyone

@folith-feolin

Haha! Yeah, it’s painful. I used to be able to binge-read constantly, but ~school~. It is always good when you’re on break and finally able to go back to that long, long, long list. 😒😏 🙂

Folith-Feolin
              @folith-feolin

when you tag yourself

TheLoonyOne
                @theloonyone

@mineralizedwritings

Oh, yeah, I understand having caution. I use the explicit setting on spotify to be careful, in case something pops up. Pink Floyd isn’t new, though, and their music is pretty clean. If you listen to Journey, it’s probably fine. Also, I love for King & Country! I saw them in concert last spring and they were soo good.

I listen to a lot of Christian contemporaries, rock, and early 2000s rock. Some of my favorite bands are for King & Country, DC Talk, Jars of Clay, Casting Crowns, Audio Adrenaline, Newsboys, etc. If you have spotify I could share my playlist.

Rocket Man is good! I don’t listen to a lot of Elton John but that is one of my favorites of his.

😱FLOOFY SILKIES😱

Ava Blue
                  @ava-blue
                    • Total Posts: 222

[quote quote=119955]when you tag yourself [/quote]

I feel you sis

ever responded to your own message in a zoom class?🥲

@theloonyone
                    WOO PINK FLOYD 🕺🪩 My dad says Another Brick in the Wall is the ultimate homeschool anthem XD  You have MAGNIFICENT taste in music, if I do say so myself. Just curious, do you listen to any grunge? I’ve always been a huge Nirvana fan and I just discovered Bush 😁 Oh, and good choice on the snowy owl-moose. That’s my pick too 😉 time to draw a bunch of them instead of doing homework

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Ava Blue. Reason: I think the quote button is broken?? lol

Monsters creep
                    In the silent dark-deep
                    In the filling-eye hills
                    In the shriveled hand-keep

TheLoonyOne
                    @theloonyone

@folith-feolin

Aw, well it’s just talking to yourself I guess. Which I do all the time anyway.

Also, History is the best Grimdark. xD Yes.

TheLoonyOne
                      @theloonyone

@ava-blue

YEES, Pink Floyd. I have Dark Side of the Moon on vinyl and it is *chef’s kiss*. 😏😁 And Another Brick in the Wall is absolutely a homeschool anthem. Do you have a favorite Pink Floyd song? Thank you! Based on your love of Pink Floyd I could easily say you also have a fantastic taste in music. No, though, I don’t listen to a lot of grunge. I’ve heard a few of Nirvana’s songs and I’ll have to check out Bush. I love listening to new music. What other music do you like?

I love the SNOWY-OWL MOOSE! I would love to see your drawings of it!

MineralizedWritings
                        @mineralizedwritings

@theloonyone

Yeah I’m careful with pink floyd mostly because my mom said there music was kinda dark. Lol, she may have just been referring to one song though. I’d love to see your playlist!! I selectively listen to journey… I really like their song, “When the lights go down in the city” and tbh It’s one of the only songs of there I listen too. Yes! I like the Newsboys music! Reminds me of the car ride to my old elm. school, they used to play their songs on the radio.

@Ava-blue

Another brick in the wall is great! I’ve heard that one 😂 honestly hearing it as a kid was great, sometimes you really do feel that way in school.

@folith-feolin

Love the meme XD

But even worse, when you accidentally tag somebody who isn’t in the conversation…😳

I’ve done that before.

TheLoonyOne
                          @theloonyone

@mineralizedwritings

I don’t always know what the song is about, so some might be a little dark. I don’t know. Here’s a link to my playlist with a lot of Christian contemporary/rock: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6Hc15uJB8Mi4WKUcwr0Sqh?si=QALAoQC6SZm_F–RARZzxQ&utm_source=copy-link. Tell me if the link doesn’t work, and I hope you like the music. I love the Newsboys!

Folith-Feolin
                            @folith-feolin

@theloonyone

@ava-blue

The music playlist seems cool I will definitely have to check it out.

[quote quote=119964] I feel you sis ever [/quote]

Im a guy. Now that I think about it I probably shouldn’t have made my penn name for this site be the one of my Anim characters they have odd naming conventions

( family_name-informal_name   The entire thing is used in formal situations. Also their names are always alliterations Example using the name of Folith-Feolin. In the us he would be named Feolin (first names) Folith (last name) Also in formal situations then you would refer to him as Folith-Feolin. And also his entire name is one hyphenated word Folith-Feolin. Sorry if that was a bit elongated or confusing)

Figuring out genders online is hard I just wanted to clarify in case I needed to prevent future problems.

TheLoonyOne
                              @theloonyone

@folith-feolin

1. Thanks! I love music. I also have a movie soundtrack/instrumental playlist that has some Clamavi De Profundis songs on it.

2. Yeah, gender is weird online, and I tend to not really think about it. For me, it’s just Oh cool… Anyway! xD I only really think about it if I already know the person offline. Clarification is good, though, so we all don’t keep messing up.

3. I LOVE how complex your naming system is! I can see some strong world-building!

MineralizedWritings
                                @mineralizedwritings

@theloonyone

Thanks! I’ll give it a look (if my spotifyy account works that is)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 86 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >