Hi!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Ellette Giselle
    @ellette-giselle
      • Total Posts: 145

Oo, I have a lot of favorite movies, but only a few TV shows. My favorite TV shows would be Bleak House, Pride and Prejudice, The Wingfeather Saga, and Band of Brothers. My favorite movies would be: Rouge One, Bella, The Legend of the Guardians, Hacksaw Ridge, Princess Bride, How to Train Your Dragon, Braveheart, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Rises, The Eagle, Tale of Two Cities, War Horse, and Iron Will. (I should have mentioned that our family uses ClearPlay and Vidangle, so we can cut out language and bad scenes in movies.)

Hmm, I don’t know. Beaches are pretty awesome! But so are mountains! Maybe beaches…..

Favorite fiction characters would be

1. Faramir from LOTR. He could have been the misunderstood villain, yet he rose above her circumstances and he was (I believe) the most heroic LOTR characters. (I am so mad at what the movie did to him btw. Ruined the best character!!)

2. Sherman from The Forbidden Child. He knew the truth the whole time, and he knew exactly who had saved the child. Yet, despite being thrown into a slave camp and then interrogated for a week and nearly killed, he kept his mouth shut and wouldn’t tell them where the baby was. And, crazy enough, the one who had saved the baby had no idea that Sherman went through all that to keep it safe!

3. Peter from Narnia. (The book not the movie!!!!) He was an awesome protective older brother and he was a great king.

4. Phillip/Phil from the Baker Family Adventures. He was smart, kind, brave, and courageous. Respectful of his parents and had strong faith in God. He was willing to put himself in extreme danger to protect his siblings. (His only short coming is that his phone is always dead when he needs it. lol)

5.  Angus McKeith from The Crown and Covenant series. Angus is funny, smart, cheerful, loves his family, and loves God. He’s brave, an amazing archer, a wonderful brother, and he was willing to give his life for Christ.

6. Peder from The Winter King. Peder stood by Cora and her family, even when they were outcasts, and he gave them what little he had to offer. he threw himself in harms way time and time again to keep them safe, and when Cora was captured he fought a lost battle to try and save her.

7. Zeke from The 100 Cupboards series. Zeke stood by Henry even though he had no idea what was going on and was scared to death. Yet, he was willing to give his life to keep Henry safe, just because he was his friend. He defied the villain and would not be cowed or turned. He’s awesome.

8. Smalls from The Green Ember. Smalls was just awesome. He was honorable, brave, noble, and willing to give his life to protect those around him.

9. Bjorn from The Shield Ring. Bjorn was funny and exciting. He was adventurous, but also brave. His greatest terror was that he would fall to the cruel hands of the enemy and would not be able to stand firm and refuse to reveal the hiding place of his friends. Yet, despite the fear of what they would do to him, Bjorn took the most dangerous position as a spy to find out where the enemy planned to attack them.

10. Charlie from Charlie’s Choice. Despite peer pressure, Charlie refused to distance himself from the lower class. his best friend was a servant boy. He made mistakes, yes, but he was honorable, repentant, trustworthy, and followed God. He and his best friend laid down their lives so that a shipload of slaves could escape.

Ok, I could go on forever, but I have to stop. In case you didn’t see the pattern, I love the allies and the big brothers!

Bible characters (Besides Jesus of course) would be Timothy, Jonathan, and Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah

RAE
      @rae
        • Total Posts: 3246

@ellete-giselle

I prefer novels because i have to use self control to end short stories. lol. Plus, I love the depth you can get with novels.

That’s relatable. I don’t write many short stories cuz most of the stories in my head are too long. It doesn’t help when it’s an almost immortal character whose story stretches across decades….that’s one I’ve been wanting to write.

Ok, probably this one:

In the Beginning, God said; “Let there be grammar” and there was grammar.
        Then there were grammar issues, and they was bad.

XD

Not by seven different horses, but I’ve definitely had my foot stepped on several times by horses, and run over by bike, and fourwheelers…….

Well, that’s about the closest answer I’ve had so far. Do you ride?

#Chef
        #Silfair
        #Callyn
        #Almerald
        #HugRikerandHanssquad
        #HugLeontoo

Linus Smallprint
        @linus-smallprint
          • Total Posts: 114

@ellette-giselle

OK, in answer to Linus’ question, Viktor, Leonid, and Katerina were upset about the separation. However, they hardly saw their parents to begin with because of the amount they had to work just to survive. Viktor cared for his little siblings and so they took it less hard then had they been separated from each other. Natalia was given to the government by her high ranking parents. She was taken care of by people her parents hired to teach and watch her, so she never really knew them.No, they aren’t bitter because they have no idea that they should/could be. You see, that sort of thing is a part of life for them. It would be the same as one of us having to get a license before we drive. We aren’t bitter about that because it’s just a way of life. You know what I mean?

Huh, interesting. Your idea for The Space Between Us is also good, especially in a day and age where society has twisted and distorted marriage into something other than what God intended it to be.

freedom
          @freed_and_redeemed
            • Total Posts: 482

@ellette-giselle

Hi Ellette!! (you have such a beautiful name, btw 😊) Welcome to KP!!

I’m freed_and_redeemed, or more commonly called Freedom, or, since everyone knows my name now 😂, Katelyn! 💖 I’m a Christian Teen Author that writes YA Historical Fiction, (mostly WW2 😝) with my first novel set to release this Summer. I’m also a music fan, MCU nerd, LOTR fan (a recent development; one I don’t regret one bit😉), WW2 history buff, occasional fanfiction writer, and just a passionate girl that has a mission to spread the Gospel through historical fiction novels.

Seeing that everyone has already overwhelmed you with so many questions, I thought I’d just pop in here and say hello 💖 So nice to meet you, and can’t wait to talk more. God Bless!! 💖💖

author_katelyn_douglas on Instagram
            Freedom's Fire set to release Summer 2024

Koshka
            @koshka
              • Total Posts: 1454

@ellette-giselle

Welcome to the kingdom! I’m Koshka, a writer of middle-grade stuff ranging from rustic fantasy to sci-fi, plus the occasional poem or two. I play violin and scribble somewhat decent sketches on random pieces of paper.

Oh, and I’m halfway addicted to research. Especially the archeological, cultural, and historical kinds.

Smalls is amazing. In fact, he’s possibly my favorite character besides Helmer. And Cole Blackstar. And Jo.

Congratulations on your book! That’s so amazingly exciting.

I have two Ask-the-newbie-questions which simply have to be asked (you know, for the tradition of the thing).

1. What is your current favorite author’s natural hair color?

2 The most important question: do you like jelly beans?

Again, welcome to the Kingdom of Pen!

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Ellette Giselle
              @ellette-giselle

Hello Everyone!

I’m so sorry I bailed on y’all! It was HECTIC BUSY yesterday!

Yes! I do ride! I LOVE horseback riding and my dream is to own a white horse someday! I can ride Western and Show English but Western is my favorite. I ride in skirts too, which I hear is not common. lol. The best way to ride is barefoot bareback! But, you can’t do that one for hours on end so I have come to terms with the fact that saddles are a necessity in life. sometimes.

Oh I don’t mind the questions at all! I think they’re fun! And, seeing as I’m in a group of authors, y’all haven’t seemed to mind so much that I write long answers to the questions! lol. (At least, I hope y’all don’t mind.) Often times I’ll answer questions in detail and when I’m done the person will shrug and say something about short answers and “yes or no” questions. lol.

My current favorite author’s hair color. Well, that question is impossible to answer because I have MANY favorite authors. lol. I guess I’ll pick one of them. Christine Cohens has a light brown hair with almost a tinge of honey-gold in the sunlight.

Hmm, I like black Jelly Beans, but that’s about it. Well, I like sour ones. I just am not a super sweet/fruity candy type person. I prefer chocolate any day! Sour candy is doable, and some of it is good.

So, now a question for y’all. What does everyone do on here beside waiting to ambush new members with a slew of questions? lol.

Sara
                @savannah_grace2009
                  • Total Posts: 2238

@ellette-giselle

The best way to ride is barefoot bareback!

YES YES YESSSSS!!!!!

Heyy! I’m Sara, though most people around here call me…well, they call me Sara. XD

Anyways, I’m a chocolate consuming, emotionally unstable, sleep deprived, algebra loving, public school attending sophomore (in highschool)! (I mean technically I’m a sophomore since school’s out for the summer so I’m officially graduated from 9th grade…oh well xD)

I have two steers, two *super fat* sheep, too many chickens, an amazing dog named Willa, and two horses. Unfortunately, I’m not that much of a rider :/ I love horses, but I’m not as committed to horses as I wish I was. Life’s gotten really busy for me!

I’m writing a novel about spiritual warfare and the lies we believe about ourselves.

Ooh! You published a novel!!!! And I saw you wrote it in FOUR DAYS?!?! Girl, WHATTTT? LITERALLY HOW??? I’ve been trying to write mine for over a year and only have 35K words on it! To be fair, I keep changing the beginning, but I think I finally have something to build off of xD

Fun fact: I got a published author to take a look at my book and she’s giving me some great pointers!!!

Here are some random questions:

Do you ever talk to yourself?

Have you ever subconsciously narrated parts of your day in third person? Example: She walks down the hall and to her locker.

Do you like coffee?

Are you a dog or a cat person?

Horses or chickens?

Lukas&Livia
                  #Lalbert
                  Sef&Chase
                  #HOTTOLINE
                  LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Trailblazer
                  @trailblazer
                    • Total Posts: 648

@ellette-giselle

So, now a question for y’all. What does everyone do on here beside waiting to ambush new members with a slew of questions? lol.

Lol I don’t know how familiar you are with the forums yet (I think you said you’ve been stalking KP for a little while?) but I’m just gonna explain some things as though you’re starting from ground zero and hopefully it’s not what you already know.

If you go to the Recent Topics page, it brings up a bunch of forum topics that people have been posting in recently. We have a couple RP’s (role-plays) where we’ve chosen a setting and each person who wants to join in introduces one of their characters (or sometimes more than one depending on the RP) and then the characters all interact with each other. It’s a fun way of putting a character into a different setting with different people and seeing what that brings out of their personality.

There are also other topics we have, which are usually pretty self-explanatory if you see the title (and if not by the title, reading the first post in the topic usually gives you a pretty good idea of what it’s about). We have one titled Book Club, and I think there were some people were going to be reading a book together soon, and The Chat Chat is basically just for talking with each other about whatever we feel like. There’s another one for posting about stories we’ve been working on lately, and you can start your own topics too if you want to share about a certain story you’re writing that way.

And a pro tip for you- if you tag whoever you’re speaking to (see at the top of my post how I tagged you?) it notifies the person that you just mentioned them or are speaking to them in a post.

Hope that’s helpful! When I first started, I took some time to just explore the different forums and see what all people were posting. That’s probably the best way to get an idea of what all we do on here!

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Ellette Giselle
                    @ellette-giselle

haha, well, I write all of my stuff fast. The longest it ever took me to write a book was one month.

It’s the editing that takes forever.

How do I do it? well…. I guess stories have always just come to me really easily. The way I start one is a map out a few key points. So first off, the “story pyramid” “story triangle” whatever you want to call it, is a bit of a fallacy. Now before y’all kick me off, let me explain. lol. So, with that platform you start from the ground, go up to the top, end on the ground. Readers won’t often see what I’m about to say, but they will subconsciously feel it. “Why in the world did we go through all that just to get back to the ground again? I could have stayed put and not suffered emotional trauma at the hands of a paperback.” The way to really think about it is a mountain that you are hiking. Now, first you start in the foot hills, never start on the flat ground or you’ll lose the reader. give them some hills. from there you start climbing. Some of it will be scaling cliffs, some of it will be easier, but always up. The you come to the climax which is the top, and you usually want to make the character scale a shier cliff in a tornado with broken ribs. (metaphorically or literally speaking). Then from there you start going down. However, YOU DO NOT HIT THE BOTTOM! You stop about half way down at this beautiful plateau where your character can rest and look back upon what they have achieved, and look forward to the future spread out below them. As a really good author once said, “Always leave the reader wanting more. never completely satisfy them, or you will loose them.”

Well, anyways, sorry for the rabbit trail. You can probably tell I’m kinda passionate about that. BUT, I do have a lot of experience and research to back it up.

Anyhow, with that mountain in mind, I plan the foothills. (You have to know where you are to know which direction to go to get to the destination.) Then the Climax. (What is the scene that I need to build the character to face, prepare the ally to help him and maybe die for him in, the mentor to teach and prepare the hero for, and the villain to anticipate. etc.) Then I plan the end. You can’t make any wrong turns or choices when you don’t have a destination to reach. I would say planning the end might be the most important of the three. You can tell when an author had a vague idea of where they wanted the book to end.

Well, there you go. That’s how I write so fast. Once I have those planned and the characters graphed, it’s pretty easy from there.

YES!! I do talk to myself! And I talk to my characters!! My brother caught me having a conversation with one of them. Actually, my brothers catch me doing that a lot. In fact, my characters are so real to me that there have been several times when one of them is going though a really hard time in my book, and our elder at bible study asks if we know anyone to be praying for. I literally have the character;s name and situation on the tip of my tongue and remember just in time that they aren’t real!!

Yes, I do subconsciously narrate my day!

Ick!! NO!!!! COFFEE IS AWFUL!!! Give me a nice cup of vanilla black tea with cream or…. even better, a bar of chocolate!!!!!

Most assuredly cat. I don’t really like dogs very much. I don’t like being jumped on and licked. If I ever had a dog, i would want an Alaskan husky. They look like wolves, which is awesome, and they are a little more dignified.

there is definitely a right answer to this one. It’s horses.

Yes, I have been stalking but mostly just read articles and stories.

OK, that makes sense… I think. I saw all of those, but I didn’t want to crash into them without an invitation. Ya know?

Ok, I’ll try out the tagging thing. Let’s see If I did it right.

Ellette Giselle
                      @ellette-giselle

haha, well, I write all of my stuff fast. The longest it ever took me to write a book was one month.

How do I do it? well…. I guess stories have always just come to me really easily. The way I start one is a map out a few key points. So first off, the “story pyramid” “story triangle” whatever you want to call it, is a bit of a fallacy. Now before y’all kick me off, let me explain. lol. So, with that platform you start from the ground, go up to the top, end on the ground. Readers won’t often see what I’m about to say, but they will subconsciously feel it. “Why in the world did we go through all that just to get back to the ground again? I could have stayed put and not suffered emotional trauma at the hands of a paperback.” The way to really think about it is a mountain that you are hiking. Now, first you start in the foot hills, never start on the flat ground or you’ll lose the reader. give them some hills. from there you start climbing. Some of it will be scaling cliffs, some of it will be easier, but always up. The you come to the climax which is the top, and you usually want to make the character scale a shier cliff in a tornado with broken ribs. (metaphorically or literally speaking). Then from there you start going down. However, YOU DO NOT HIT THE BOTTOM! You stop about half way down at this beautiful plateau where your character can rest and look back upon what they have achieved, and look forward to the future spread out below them. As a really good author once said, “Always leave the reader wanting more. never completely satisfy them, or you will loose them.”

Well, anyways, sorry for the rabbit trail. You can probably tell I’m kinda passionate about that. BUT, I do have a lot of experience and research to back it up.

Anyhow, with that mountain in mind, I plan the foothills. (You have to know where you are to know which direction to go to get to the destination.) Then the Climax. (What is the scene that I need to build the character to face, prepare the ally to help him and maybe die for him in, the mentor to teach and prepare the hero for, and the villain to anticipate. etc.) Then I plan the end. You can’t make any wrong turns or choices when you don’t have a destination to reach. I would say planning the end might be the most important of the three. You can tell when an author had a vague idea of where they wanted the book to end.

Well, there you go. That’s how I write so fast. Once I have those planned and the characters graphed, it’s pretty easy from there.

YES!! I do talk to myself! And I talk to my characters!! My brother caught me having a conversation with one of them. Actually, my brothers catch me doing that a lot. In fact, my characters are so real to me that there have been several times when one of them is going though a really hard time in my book, and our elder at bible study asks if we know anyone to be praying for. I literally have the character;s name and situation on the tip of my tongue and remember just in time that they aren’t real!!

Ick!! NO!!!! COFFEE IS AWFUL!!! Give me a nice cup of vanilla black tea with cream or…. even better, a bar of chocolate!!!!!

Most assuredly cat. I don’t really like dogs very much. I don’t like being jumped on and licked. If I ever had a dog, i would want an Alaskan husky. They look like wolves, which is awesome, and they are a little more dignified.

there is definitely a right answer to this one. It’s horses.

Yes, I have been stalking but mostly just read articles and stories.

OK, that makes sense… I think. I saw all of those, but I didn’t want to crash into them without an invitation. Ya know?

Ellette Giselle
                        @ellette-giselle

I am not very good at figuring tech stuff out. I don’t know if I did that tagging thing right. lol.

-GRCR-
                          @grcr
                            • Total Posts: 1022

@ellette-giselle

(Sorry this is late—I have a bad problem of stressing out and overthinking what I should say back… 😅)

It took me four days to write Fateful Night, but editing took several months!!

Ohh, that’s awesome!! My book has taken me over two years already and I’m nowhere near done, lol! I read your method and it sounds  quite interesting!

Hmmm, my favorite language would be elvish, but if that doesn’t count then Welsh because it is so like elvish, or French because it’s the language everyone learned in the olden days, and I have read a lot of it in ww2 resistance books.

Elvish totally counts! 😄 Welsh and French are also cool.

I would actually create the key plot points and the reason why I wanted to write the book along with the message. after that I would work on characters and then world, though they would probably overlap each other depending on which I had ideas for first.

Ah, nice nice.

Hmm, probably James Horner because I used his music to write Fateful Night to and I did that l;ast year and published my book last year, and that was pretty awesome. Or Down With The Ship by enter the haggis because that was the song we danced the Scottish folk dance Posties to at my friend’s grad party.

Cool! I don’t think I’ve ever heard of those before—I’ll have to go check them out!

I am not very good at figuring tech stuff out. I don’t know if I did that tagging thing right. lol.

Here… You see that column on the side of a post that shows the profile picture and name? Well, below the username (which is highlighted in green) you’ll see another name that has the @ symbol in front of it. Copy-paste or type that whole line/name into your post, and it will tag the person when you submit the post.

Maybe that helps? 😅

...processing my next response...may take a few hours...

#CassianIsTheBestXD

Ellette Giselle
                            @ellette-giselle

Ok, let’s see if I get it right. Tell me if this tagged you.

Also, I just noticed the rank thing there. Why am I a bumbling henchman and y’all are knights and mentors? Just curious.

Trailblazer
                              @trailblazer
                                • Total Posts: 648

@ellette-giselle

You’ll have to physically type out the tag using the @ symbol, followed by the tag name. See how I put your tag at the top of my post? It doesn’t necessarily have to be at the top of the post, but it makes it a little bit clearer who you’re talking to, especially if you’re answering a couple different people. You’ll get the hang of it once you figure it out!

The ranks are based on how many posts you’ve made- so right now you’re a bumbling henchman because you’ve only made 11 posts. I don’t remember what number you have to reach before you get to the next rank. Honestly I don’t pay much attention to the ranks anymore, lol.

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Sara
                                @savannah_grace2009
                                  • Total Posts: 2238

@ellette-giselle

Girl, I’m jealous…no matter how much I plan a book, it takes FOREVER to write!!! Editing is probably the easiest part for me!!

Actually, my brothers catch me doing that a lot. In fact, my characters are so real to me that there have been several times when one of them is going though a really hard time in my book, and our elder at bible study asks if we know anyone to be praying for. I literally have the character;s name and situation on the tip of my tongue and remember just in time that they aren’t real!!

That is sooo funny xD

I”M NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!

Awwww….

Coffee is like the BEST

It depends on how you drink it though…it has to be a latte or frappe…not plain coffee or espresso!!!

Oooh…you’ve been stalking the forums?!?!?

So I assume you’ve read the short story, Alone? Fun fact…I wrote that xD

Lukas&Livia
                                  #Lalbert
                                  Sef&Chase
                                  #HOTTOLINE
                                  LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >