Art Challenge!

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Art Challenge!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    HighScribe
    @highscribeofaetherium
      • Total Posts: 2336

Y’all, those look amazing!

@linus-smallprint

Yeah, I didn’t do this one, though Charles sounded really fun to draw.

The pen is mightier than the sword… but I still want a sword.

Linus Smallprint
      @linus-smallprint
        • Total Posts: 114

@keilah-h, @grcr, @theshadow, and @loopylin (since this is just for fun and I appreciate having a 4th entry, I will include your drawing in judging as well)

The entries for the Charles Wherl drawing contest

Thank you all for your submissions! I am currently judging them and will announce the winner soon. A reminder, I am judging based on accuracy, not on drawing skills. I will give each of you feedback when I announce the winner.

Linus Smallprint
        @linus-smallprint

@keilah-h, @grcr, @theshadow, and @loopylin

Keilah: When I first saw your drawing, I would get after you made the wrong eye blind. However, I realized that I said the left eye was blind in the description when I meant to say the right. It would be unfair to judge you based on that then. You are the only one who remembered the extra sleeves for the wings. The limbs are a little thick. I imagine Charles is skinnier, in a sickly way.

GRCR: This drawing is not unlike one I did of Charles earlier! You have managed to make him look somewhat happy, but without bending his beak, nice! You have included more scars than I imagined. The shirt is quite accurate, it just needs some buttons.

Shadow: Looks like you got the correct eye blind, despite my error. Unfortunately, his shirt needs rolled-up sleeves. (By the way, how did you manage to get both of his feet identical? That is some good replication skill there)

LoppyLin: As I told Keilah and Shadow, you did not make the wrong eye blind, I did! Your scars look very good, more like the monstrous untamed lightning I imagined. You remembered to make his upper arms human and his elbows feathered. There are still a couple of issues, however. Feathers start too far down his forearm and his good eye is yellow when it should be a rich purple colour.

All right, now I get to reveal my artwork! I have not gotten too far in rendering it, but here is my line art (I would give you my pencil drawing, but I accidentally made his neck too long and had to correct that):

Official Line art of Charles Wherl

One thing that everyone missed out on was the limited flexibility of his arms. He is unable to turn his ‘hands’ upside down, the same way you cannot bend your leg so that your foot is facing backwards. This means he has to hold his banjo in an awkward way.

So who won then? I am going to give it to LoppyLin, due to the accuracy of the scars and the human upper arms. Congratulations @loopylin! You have won the first of these contests!

Linus Smallprint
          @linus-smallprint

@keilah-h, @grcr, @theshadow, and @loopylin

Thank you again all for entering, this was a lot of fun! I look forward to the next challenge! Speaking of which, @rae, you can post a description of one of your characters when you are ready!

Linus Smallprint
            @linus-smallprint

@highscribeofaetherium

No worries! I actually may not be entering the next challenge due to going on vacation next week, so it depends on how much free time I have to draw. Sorry, @rae

Keilah H.
              @keilah-h
                • Total Posts: 4084

@linus-smallprint that was fun! I appreciate your feedback! (also, yours is cool.)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

TheShadow
                @theshadow
                  • Total Posts: 152

@highscribeofaetherium

Thanks!

@linus-smallprint

Thank you, and this challenge was super fun, it really helped with over coming my drawing block (also I think how I replicated the feet is because I’m a bit of a perfectionist lol).

@keilah-h
                  @grcr @loopylin

All of your drawings were great, and congrats Loopylin!!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by TheShadow.
                  Keilah H.
                  @keilah-h
                    • Total Posts: 4084

@theshadow thanks!!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Loopy
                    @loopylin
                      • Total Posts: 2190

@linus-smallprint

Thanks! I really love this character/ world building concept and had a lot of fun drawing it. I’m really curious now how Charles holds down the strings on the fret board without ruining it with his claws lol

He is unable to turn his ‘hands’ upside down, the same way you cannot bend your leg so that your foot is facing backwards.

Why did I feel the need to try this after you mentioned it? I think I might have pulled something.

I did get one foot backwards, though

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

Loopy
                      @loopylin
                        • Total Posts: 2190

Idk if I’ll enter the challenge again, but it would be fun to post a character description sometime

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

-GRCR-
                        @grcr
                          • Total Posts: 1022

@linus-smallprint

Thanks for the challenge and the constructive criticism! I had fun, too! I don’t usually draw monsters or animals of any kind, so that was a fun change from my typical teenyboppers, lol. 😄😄

...processing my next response...may take a few hours...

#CassianIsTheBestXD

-GRCR-
                          @grcr

@theshadow

Thanks!! 😄💛

#CassianIsTheBestXD

RAE
                            @rae
                              • Total Posts: 3246

Okay…

@keilah-h
                              @grcr @loopylin @theshadow @linus-smallprint @idk

I’m going to do Tenz, my innocent little warrior who thinks water is only for drinking.

Tenz in his normal form

He is tall, towering over me at a little more than six feet, with a slim athletic build. An almost perfect balance of power and speed. Despite this, I can only ever think of him as a child, for he has a face of innocence and his eyes have the same curious gleam as a young one. His skin is pale, pale enough that it looks like he has never had a tan in his life, but he doesn’t look sickly somehow. His thick, pitch black hair looks like he made an attempt to comb it, but gave up when it wouldn’t stay down. His face has few mature features to it, just enough to guess his age as a teen, but otherwise they are soft, adding to his child-like innocence. On his left cheek is a singular reptilian scale, an upside down triangle with rounded corners and at an angle, in shape. About 2 to 2 and a half fingerbreadths in size. It has a strange color, for it is teal and purple and an ocean blue all at once, changing shade a little as he moves. His eyes, set under arching eyebrows, are a bright blue, like the crystalline water you see in pictures of vacation beaches. The one thing about them that made me stop was he has slit pupils like that of a snake. He wore a black T-shirt and pants, with a teal jacket, that looked to be a women’s judging by the style, draped over his arm. He smiled, a wide innocent smile, and waved.

If you feel like doing extra (not mandatory at all) this is Tenz in his magical form

It all happened so fast I barely had time to think. Where once stood a tall, strong but childish Tenz, now stood some kind of being, surrounded by white light. His skin glowed with faint white, and his hair was caught up in what looked like a wind. The blue of his eyes was gone completely, filled with a glowing white smoke or vapor that trailed at the far sides of his eyes. His innocent air disappeared, replaced with a feeling of tremendous power, the type that levels cities.

And, yeah, that’s Tenz. Feel free to ask questions.

As far a time frame, is two weeks okay? So, July 10th I think. Or should it be shorter/longer. Help!

#Chef
                              #Silfair
                              #Callyn
                              #Almerald
                              #HugRikerandHanssquad
                              #HugLeontoo

-GRCR-
                              @grcr

@rae

Two weeks sounds good to me! I think that’s about the same amount of time as the first challenge.

Tenz sounds cute and cool—I’m excited to draw him!

#CassianIsTheBestXD

TheShadow
                                @theshadow
                                  • Total Posts: 152

@keilah-h @grcr

Your welcome!

@rae

Ooh, Tenz sounds interesting, he should be fun to draw!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >