Art Challenge!

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Art Challenge!

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 420 total)
  • Author
    Ellette Giselle
    @ellette-giselle
      • Total Posts: 1093

@rae  @linus-smallprint @grcr @mineralizedwritings @keilah-h

Okay y’all! Here I go.

Min

So one thing would be Friedrich is not left-handed, but I never specified that so that’s on me. His hair isn’t quite a wavy as I pictured, but otherwise he’s pretty spot on. I like the boots, though not quite the style I was thinking of either. Your shading is really impressive btw!

Keilia

Wow!! This is so good. It’s almost perfect! I think his shoulders are slightly too broad. Again, the hair isn’t quite the way I imagined on this one either, But I guess I’m a little picky on that. It’s pretty spot on!

Rae

Even though this wasn’t actually Friedrich it was quite good! Like I mentioned before, your artistic skills are pretty amazing! The hair is… not quite Friedrich’s. And the facial expression isn’t really his either. (and of course the clothing is off) but otherwise pretty good.

Linus

Again with the hair! *facepalm* I feel super silly now after I have said that about everyone’s drawings. Trust me, I’m not THAT into fashion and hairstyles. lol. It just doesn’t quite look like my boy when his hair’s all wrong. lol. So yeah, the hair is too straight, the tunic also looks more green then blue, and for some reason he looks a little too old to me. However, it was super great otherwise. Man I love those boots! I want a pair of my own!!!

GRCR

Ok, when I saw your picture I almost screamed with delight! THIS IS FRIEDRICH!! From his hair to his boots!!! The only thing is he is a little more German-like blond, but otherwise I don’t think I can really see anything in-accurate about it… except maybe his tunic wouldn’t have as dark of cuffs and collar, and there might be a bit of embroidery. Then again, this could be him in military uniform and then it works perfect.

So, this was pretty hard, but I would say I just have to go with GRCR as the winner!!

Followed closely by Keilia!

Great job y’all, and thank you!! This was so fun!!

Riker dropped his voice to a soft whisper. “…I’m home.”

-GRCR-
      @grcr
        • Total Posts: 1144

@ellette-giselle

Woah, wait… wow. Thank you! 😄😄

And thanks for the criticism!

except maybe his tunic wouldn’t have as dark of cuffs and collar, and there might be a bit of embroidery. Then again, this could be him in military uniform and then it works perfect.

Ohh… ok. I was concerned about that…

Fin knew. Riker knew.
        Fin wasn’t afraid. Riker was terrified.

Linus Smallprint
        @linus-smallprint
          • Total Posts: 401

@grcr

Congratulations! You are at two wins now! I don’t know if I’ve asked you this or not yet, but what software do you use for your drawings?

@keilah-h

Congratulations on second place!

@ellette-giselle

Again with the hair! 

You described him having ‘chin-length hair’, so I looked that up for men, and drew what I found. I suppose you did say it was wavey though. Do you have your own drawing of him?

the tunic also looks more green then blue

Oh. Did I use one of those colours that people are always debating if it is blue or green?

Thank you for the challenge! This was fun!

I’m looking forward to the next challenge!

-GRCR-
          @grcr
            • Total Posts: 1144

@linus-smallprint

Thank you!! 😁

I don’t know if I’ve asked you this or not yet, but what software do you use for your drawings?

I use Clip Studio Paint.

Fin knew. Riker knew.
            Fin wasn’t afraid. Riker was terrified.

Keilah H.
            @keilah-h
              • Total Posts: 4732

@ellette-giselle Thanks for second place! Also, having a specific character’s look in your head and thus criticizing based on that has nothing to do with being obsessed with fashion. That’s just you showing concern for your character. It’s totally ok.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Ellette Giselle
              @ellette-giselle

@grcr

Woah, wait… wow. Thank you! 😄😄

You deserve it!! Man, you are super good!

Ohh… ok. I was concerned about that…

Honestly it looks exactly like the military uniform of his kingdom, which is sho0cking because I never told you what it looks like. lol.

@linus-smallprint

You described him having ‘chin-length hair’, so I looked that up for men, and drew what I found.

That is a TERRIBLE idea!!! Don’t do that! Oh man, you are making me cringe just thinking about it!!

Oh. Did I use one of those colours that people are always debating if it is blue or green?

Idk, but it’s certainly not royal blue whatever it is.

Do you have your own drawing of him?

Well, I have the one I used for the cover, and I was working on another one, but I’m not sure yet what I think of it. I’ll try to post it tomorrow.

@keilah-h

Also, having a specific character’s look in your head and thus criticizing based on that has nothing to do with being obsessed with fashion. That’s just you showing concern for your character. It’s totally ok.

Phew. I feel much better. It was starting to feel like I was obsessed with guy’s hair styles, which I’m not. Friedrich just has a certain look…..

And you did an amazing job! I was writing you off as the winner as soon as I saw yours, but then grcr got him perfect. 😉

Can’t wait for the next challenge!! Who’s turn is it??!!

RAE
                @rae
                  • Total Posts: 3560

@grcr

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ellette-giselle

Even though this wasn’t actually Friedrich it was quite good! Like I mentioned before, your artistic skills are pretty amazing! The hair is… not quite Friedrich’s. And the facial expression isn’t really his either. (and of course the clothing is off) but otherwise pretty good.

In a shorter sentence, you like the drawing itself, but it looks nothing like Friedrich. That’s what I thought. oh, well, at least it gave you another entry to choose from.

“Gargoyles and thickets, griffins and briskets."

Ellette Giselle
                  @ellette-giselle

@rae

In a shorter sentence, you like the drawing itself, but it looks nothing like Friedrich.

it looks kinda like him…………. 😀

RAE
                    @rae
                      • Total Posts: 3560

@ellette-giselle

hair and eye color do not make a character alone.

“Gargoyles and thickets, griffins and briskets."

Ellette Giselle
                      @ellette-giselle

@rae

True. But it was a great picture all the same

Ellette Giselle
                        @ellette-giselle

@rae  @linus-smallprint @grcr @mineralizedwritings @keilah-h

Ok everyone, here is my drawing of Friedrich. Sorry about the bad lighting, it’s raining here so i don’t have natural light.

Keilah H.
                          @keilah-h

@ellette-giselle oooh he looks awesome! I see I was actually pretty close on the clothing lol

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Ellette Giselle
                            @ellette-giselle

@keilah-h

Yes, you were! Thank you so much! I love this character, and I finally was able to draw a character the way I imagine him!!! yippy!

Linus Smallprint
                              @linus-smallprint
                                • Total Posts: 401

@ellette-giselle

I can see why you got upset with the way everyone did the hair. Looks good! I take it this is of him when he is king?

Keilah H.
                                @keilah-h

@ellette-giselle awesome!!

also I don’t know whose turn it is haha

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 420 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >