Art Challenge!

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Art Challenge!

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 420 total)
  • Author
    Keilah H.
    @keilah-h
      • Total Posts: 4732

@rae Cool! My brother’s a great worldbuilder and did a similar thing with his Icebreaker Empire’s alphabet. They have the same number of sounds as in English, but have a writing system where every phoneme (letter sound) corresponds to one letter (thus having 40 or so symbols). It’s a lot easier to learn to read that way if you don’t have to deal with figuring out if a vowel is long or short, or mixing up they two different sounds of “th,” or that kinda thing.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
      @keilah-h

also who’s Ru? A real person you’re working with, or your internal muse (like, say, the narrating character) or something?

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h

Or yourself? lol

-GRCR-
          @grcr
            • Total Posts: 1146

@keilah-h

Well… here is my picture of Feather…. but through Canva since whoever-the-new-wyoh-is is still reigning lol

Feather Greystone | Art Challenge

Fin knew. Riker knew.
            Fin wasn’t afraid. Riker was terrified.

Keilah H.
            @keilah-h

@grcr all right!!

@linus-smallprint
              @rae @ellette-giselle is that everyone who was in the challenge? I still have to get to work on my drawing lol

Ellette Giselle
              @ellette-giselle
                • Total Posts: 1097

@keilah-h

Seems like that’s everyone who submitted something!

Riker dropped his voice to a soft whisper. “…I’m home.”

RAE
                @rae
                  • Total Posts: 3560

@keilah-h

also who’s Ru? A real person you’re working with, or your internal muse (like, say, the narrating character) or something?
                  Or yourself? lol

Actually, all three. Each in a way.

She’s a real person I’m working with in that we are alter egos of each other. Other I’s. In that same way, she is myself. She is also a sort of narrating character, for she is the researcher of Wond and some of the Wondian galaxy. She herself is the most mysterious person of Wond, for she travels through the ages, when she herself doesn’t change except at her own rate.

She is me, and she is not. She is a different person, and yet the same. She is a character and yet she isn’t. She is a narrator and yet she is also an audience.

With her, I achieve something in my writing that some notice and find unique but is confusing, a link between first and third person, sometimes going into second. Technically, it is all first person, but it is told as third person, sometimes a sentence or two of second. It also can switch tenses at times.

And that’s who Ru Eis is, the Stewardess of the White Roses.

“Gargoyles and thickets, griffins and briskets."

Keilah H.
                  @keilah-h

@rae so kinda both? Like a form of self-insert?

I’ve done kinda the same thing before too. It’s why I always wrote Huntress’s POV in the roleplays from first person–she’s partially built off a heavily distorted me, and thus I find it much easier to write her from the inside rather than from externally.

RAE
                    @rae
                      • Total Posts: 3560

@keilah-h

I guess so.

“Gargoyles and thickets, griffins and briskets."

Keilah H.
                      @keilah-h

@rae ok cool!

@everyone else I’ll review your drawings tomorrow! I have to get my brother on this because I share the character with him.

Keilah H.
                        @keilah-h

@grcr @linus-smallprint @rae @ellette-giselle ok! I still don’t have my own drawing of the character, but my brother and I will judge each of your drawings on how close they were to our imagining of Feather!

They were all really good and really close to my thoughts. You all got the scar in the right place, too!

• I like the way you did the emblem in the corner, Linus. You misspelled the word “feather” but I’m not going to criticize you for that, it’s not a mistake that takes away from the drawing. And I love how you drew her painting her helmet!
                          • GRCR also drew her holding a paintbrush–nice! I also appreciate the abstractness of the paint flecks.
                          • Ellette’s drawing has a lot of movement, very cool! The flecks on the armor do go a little higher on the chestplate but that’s not super important (and it probably changes a lot anyway).
                          • Despite not being colored, I think RAE’s still does a great job of depicting the colored highlights and paint bits, and out of the drawings where she’s still, this one has the closest hairstyle to what I’ve always thought of Feather having.

My brother narrowed it down to Ellette’s and RAE’s as his favorites. I think I’m going to have to go with @ellette-giselle’s drawing, because I like the dynamic angle of it!

I should get a drawing done sometime. In the meantime someone else can go with their character.

Ellette Giselle
                          @ellette-giselle

@keilah-h

Wait! Really!!! Wow! Thank you so much!!

Everyone else did such a good job!! Wonderful drawings y’all!!

well…… dis anyone else call next character? If not, I would really love to have a go!

-GRCR-
                            @grcr

@ellette-giselle

Congratulations and good job!! 😄

I don’t think anyone called next, so I think you’re welcome to go ahead!

Fin knew. Riker knew.

Ellette Giselle
                              @ellette-giselle

@grcr

Aw, thank you! Your’s was amazing too! Man, the paint flecks looked so real!!!

Ok, awesome! So, I should probably wait a few days, right? Like maybe give y’all a character tomorrow or Wednesday?

-GRCR-
                                @grcr

@ellette-giselle

Aw thanks! 😊

Yeah maybe… to give everyone time to respond to Keilah… idk, it’s up to you… tomorrow’s probably good though!

Fin knew. Riker knew.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 420 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >