Another SCENE!!!! Any thoughts y’all?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Another SCENE!!!! Any thoughts y’all?

• This topic has 269 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 270 total)
  • Author
    Starshiness
    @starshiness
      • Total Posts: 174

@freedomwriter76 Yessss same! I think in my main two WIP I only have… one… parent who survives the story XD. It really does!! With the parents not there, the character has to buck up and take on more responsibility than he might have before; being on their own molds the character into a different sort of person, something quite common in the historical war eras.

Awww! And that is RARE in hisfic stories, yk??? When the character has seen so much evil both in war (and at home) they tend to become hardened, but when you find someone who has managed to resist that… YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH HIM LIKE YOU’RE MAKING ME DO WITH RIKER XD

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@starshiness. MWAHHAHHA I’M MAKING EVERYONE FALL IN LOVE WITH RIKER!!!!!

He’s just SO LOVABLE, YK? <3 If anyone hates on RIKER, DON’T LET ME FIND YA! (XD, JK.)

My characters change so much…Leon gets so hardened for a time…BUT RIKER NEVER DOES, AND YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!!! THAT IS SO RARE!!!! (Because real people often let themselves be hardened. *cries) BUT RIKER DOESN’T!!!! AND I LOVE HIM SO, SO MUCH FOR IT!!!!! <3<3<3<3

Anonymous

@starshiness. @gracie-j. Got another scene for y’all! More Riker, but neither of Y’all will mind, right!? šŸ˜€

Riker sat up. Retched.

His body was caked white. Head to toe. His eyes stung. His arms ached. He had a gash on his forehead that was slowly letting out blood.

But then Franzā€™s still body caught his eye, and he forgot any pain he was going through.

He crawled. Threw small pieces of buildings aside. Dodged the ones that were too heavy for him to lift.

Please. Please no. Donā€™t let him be dead. He thought frantically.

Riker lifted the beam that laid on top of Franz.

Then fell to his knees beside his father. His vision blurred by tears. ā€œPlease. Please no. Please donā€™t be dead. Pleaseā€¦ā€ he begged, tears coursing down his cheeks.

He knew what it felt like to feel pain.

He knew what it felt like to be helpless.

He knew what it felt like to feel heartbreak.

He knew what it felt like to feel guilty.

He knew what it felt like to feel hopeless.

But never this empty.

Motherā€¦gone. Iris so, so far away. Angelina broken and refusing to talk to him about what she was going through. And nowā€¦maybe his father was dead.

Franz hadnā€™t loved him. Riker knew that.

But maybe there was still a small spark of hope that someday his father would.

But nowā€¦it was too late.

Riker took his fatherā€™s hand.

Squeezed it.

Nowā€¦he was so, so alone.

His breath caught.

And Riker broke.

He wept.

For all the times he couldnā€™t.

All the years heā€™d buried them deep inside.

All the times he thought they made him weak.

All the years heā€™d refused to let himself break.

Rikerā€™s head rested on Franzā€™s chest.

His tears wetted his fatherā€™s shirt.

But he was too heartbrokenā€¦too hurtā€¦to care.

He didnā€™t know why.

Didnā€™t understand why he still lived.

His mother had believed in God. Jennie had been so loving, so caring, so generous. She loved her husband even though he hurt her.

Believed he could change.

Why did she, so lovingā€¦so faithfulā€¦have to die?

Riker looked up at the smoky, hazy, and dark sky above.

ā€œWhy didnā€™t you take me?ā€Ā  Riker asked, quiet.

He knew what it felt like to feel so abandoned.

He knew what it felt like to feel unloved.

But heā€™d done so much by nowā€¦that he deserved that.

All of it.

ā€œā€¦What did she ever do? She believed in you. She loved you. After everything Iā€™ve doneā€¦ā€ Rikerā€™s hands trembled, ā€œWHY NOT ME!? Why did you take her? Take me instead!ā€

Nothing.

He had nothing.

No one.

Something moved.

And Riker stopped.

Franz coughed.

His eyes fluttered open.

He was alive.

ā€œYouā€™re alive. Youā€™re alive. Youā€™re aliveā€¦ā€ Riker wept.

ā€œRikerā€¦you saved my lifeā€¦why?ā€ Franz whispered; voice hoarse.

So many reasons.

He felt guilty.

He didnā€™t want someone else to die.

He had to do something.

But there was one main reason that he hadnā€™t realized until now.

Even after everything Franz had done.

ā€œā€¦I love you.ā€

Y’ALL, THIS ONE MADE ME CRY!!!! I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!!!! *CRIES AND HUGS RIKER TIGHT* <3

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 1789

GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRL.

My eyes are BURNING WITH TEARS.

*sobs for eternity*

Anonymous

@gracie-j. I KNOWWWWWW!!!!!! *cries* BUT I LOVE THIS SCENE ANYWAYSSSS!!!!! šŸ˜€

Anonymous

ME TOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

@gracie-j. I don’t know if it’ll happen yet or not…but I want their RELATIONSHIP TO BE MENDED AND BEAUTIFUL!!!! <3

Anonymous

YES PLEASE IT MUST!!!!!!

Elishavet Elroi
                    @elishavet-pidyon
                      • Total Posts: 1057

@freedomwriter76

Ok, so I only just got on here after a week, and here is this!!! Oh, I love these characters!

And the history nerd inside me is about to run up the walls.

Riker…. Leon…. Y’all both need a good hug. And God. Wow.

By the way, I love that Riker is a former SS. I’m so, so, SO glad Leon forgives him- for both their sakes I am glad.

(Literally, have you ever heard Corrie Tennoom’s testimony on forgiving a gestapo agent when he asked her for it years after the war?)

And honestly, you’re making me think of a bunch of other characters many of whom are mine and many were real people. Please redeem these charries!

Oh, and I love that you are bringing reconciliation between Riker and his father. There is so much hurt in their story, it’s going to be beautiful to see healed.

I want to meet Riker’s kids!!!

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Anonymous

@elishavet-pidyon. THANKS! I love them too! <3 SO, SO MUCH!!!

They both need God even more than a hug. šŸ˜‰

I HAVE!!!! Her story, all in all, is beautiful! But I completely remember that moment as well! So beautiful, is it not?

THEY WILL BOTH BE REDEEMED, DON’T WORRY!!! (it may just take them both hitting their lowest moments…heh. XD)

IT NEEDS TO BE HEALED! And I’m beginning to think it will be…so, we’ll see. šŸ˜‰

You should meet them soon enough! His daughter Naja is probably my fav of his kids, but that’s just because she’s so adorable! <3 <3 <3 So is Leon’s daughter…but sadly she doesn’t get to be in the book much… :<

(And I totally get the History nerd part, lol. That’s me! XD)

Anonymous

@elishavet-pidyon. @gracie-j. @starshiness. Y’ALL, I CONTINUED THE SCENE!!!!! I COULDN’T LEAVE IT WHERE IT WASSSS!!!!!

Franz blinked.

Once.

Twice.

Thrice.

ā€œYouā€¦what?ā€

ā€œIā€™ve never said it before. But I do. I couldā€¦couldnā€™t bear the thought of you dyingā€¦and nowā€¦nowā€¦I knowā€¦why.ā€

Maybe his father would never love him in return.

But that wouldnā€™t change anything.

Riker would love himā€¦no matter what.

He was his father.

Nothing could change that.

Just as nothing could change Rikerā€™s love.

Franzā€™s eyes filled with tears. ā€œYou shouldnā€™tā€¦I never would have thought you could ever say those words to me. Or even if you shouldā€¦ā€

ā€œā€¦Why?ā€ Riker asked, soft.

Franz paused. Then his cold finger came up to Rikerā€™s face.

Traced the long, thin scar across his left cheek.

ā€œā€¦This is one good reason why.ā€

The moonlight lighted up both of their faces, and Riker noticed the scar on his fatherā€™s forehead. A battle scar, they had always said and believed.

It was.

Franz had said so himself. ā€œā€¦I had no idea how to raise you and Angelina. I didnā€™t know how to beā€¦be a husband. I told you I didnā€™t want you. I told you I didnā€™t love youā€¦because Iā€¦I didnā€™t want you to get close. To love me when I wouldnā€™t love you back. I didnā€™t know how toā€¦ā€

Riker watched as his father battled with his emotions.

When was the last time he saw his father cry?

Never.

ā€œā€¦how to love. I didnā€™t know what it looked likeā€¦I didnā€™t knowā€¦know what it felt like. And I didnā€™t want you to love me when I wouldnā€™tā€¦wouldnā€™t love you back. This scar isnā€™t from a battle, Riker, itā€™sā€¦itā€™s fromā€¦.fromā€¦ā€

ā€œYour father?ā€

ā€œHow did youā€¦?ā€

Riker shrugged. ā€œCall it a lucky guess.ā€

Franz nodded. Tears coursed down his cheeks. ā€œā€¦I was soā€¦so afraid of turning out like himā€¦andā€¦in all my fearā€¦Iā€¦Iā€¦did. I turnedā€¦turned to alcohol after I came back from the Great War. I thoughtā€¦thought it would make my life easierā€¦it didnā€™tā€¦and it didnā€™t make anyone elseā€™s better either. Jennie loved me still. Evenā€¦even though I hurt her. Iā€™m happy for herā€¦she needed to be away from meā€¦Iā€™ll never see her againā€¦but maybe thatā€™s for the best. Rikerā€¦Iā€™m soā€¦soā€¦soā€¦sorry. Forā€¦everything.ā€

ā€œItā€™s okay. I also wasnā€™t always there for you. Iā€™m sorry for not-ā€œ

Franz sat up quick.

Cupped Rikerā€™s face in his hands. ā€œDonā€™t you dare ever apologize for something that you never did. Iā€™m the one that failed all of you. Not you. Iā€™ve apologized because I hurt you, but donā€™t you dare apologize to me. Got it?ā€

Riker nodded.

Franz smiled through his tears. Laid his hands on Rikerā€™s shoulder.

ā€œI love you Riker.ā€

His arms wrapped around Riker, tight.

Riker stopped.

Thisā€¦this was what he always wanted.

Riker wrapped his arms around his father.

Tears fell.

ā€œI love you too.ā€

Anonymous

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WAS SO STINKIN’ BEAUTIFUL I COULD CRYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGOSH GIIIIIIIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I literally don’t have words beyond “aahhh” right now. *sobs*)

ALSO. I have a song for this moment…look up the song “Blind” by Lifehouse. It’s about when the lead singer’s father left him when he was thirteen, and OMGOSH IT’S SO SAD AND IT FITS RIKER’S SITUATIONĀ SO WELL. *sobs some more*

Make it stop, girl. Please.

Elishavet Elroi
                            @elishavet-pidyon
                              • Total Posts: 1057

@freedomwriter76

RIKER!!!!!

That’s awesome. And it makes so much sense. Having his father come from an abusive background is perfect. It will be soooo beautiful to see play out!

*On edge of seat*

(By the way, have you ever read To Love a Broken Winged Angel? by LaJoyce Martin? It doesn’t have anything to do with your setting, except for the end which is very like this scene. It made me cry.)

As for your former post,

Her story is indeed lovely.

Yay! (I may have a few characters like that. Mostly my favorites. šŸ˜‰ )

I can hardly wait to meet Naja, and the rest. Don’t you just love the adorable child characters? I have two, one for each WIP.

(Hooray for history!)

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Anonymous

@gracie-j. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! And I will most definitely listen to that song! šŸ˜‰

Sorry Girl. ‘Fraid I can’t do that. He’s gotta hit his lowest at some point. That’s what it takes for him to go after God. I wish it wasn’t so, but both Riker and Leon are SOOO STUBBORN! *cries with you*

(Oh, and Girl, I’m close to finishing The Sea Before UsĀ and I got bothĀ The Air Above UsĀ andĀ The Land Beneath UsĀ from the Library! SOOO EXCITED!)

@elishavet-pidyon
                                . Thank you so MUCH!!! And yes, it does make sense for his father to have been that way. Because that’s so often true in real life, sadly. :'<

I have not, but maybe I’ll check it out!

YESSSSSS! I ABSOLUTELYĀ ADOREĀ THE ADORABLE KID CHARACTERS!!! You’ll meet them soon I’m sure. šŸ˜‰

Anonymous

@gracie-j. I listened to the song, and GIRL, YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *cries*

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 270 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >