Your Favorite Historical Fiction

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions Your Favorite Historical Fiction

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Ivy Rose
    @ivy-rose
      • Total Posts: 102

@Sarah-h Lamplighter Publishing carries the “real” version of The Hidden Hand. They compiled both books into one (and kept it unabridged). Well worth the money and time!

Tatiana
      @belegteleri
        • Total Posts: 97

A Tale of Two Cities is one of my all-time favorite historical fictions. (I feel that I’ve mentioned that one a lot in the forums I’ve been on!)
        To all of you who have mentioned The Hidden Hand, thank you, thank you, thank you! I absolutely love that book!

@kate-flournoy
        and @daeus: I’m more than halfway through with The Count of Monte Cristo, and let me tell you, I am loving it! It’s so intense.
        Oh oh oh, The Prisoners of the Sea, by Florence M. Kingsley. Another great Lamplighter book that my family loves. It’s classified as a romance, although it’s more of an adventure story with romance included, and it’s set during the time of King Louis XIV of France. And the Man with the Iron Mask comes into play, for those of you who have heard of him. One of my favorite Lamplighter books of all time!

Jada Morrison
        @jadamae
          • Total Posts: 199

Wow, others have read Hidden Hand and Ishmael! They were really good. Capitola from Hidden Hand is the best. 🙂 I didn’t know they counted as historical fiction though. The only thing is EDEN Southworth does have her signature elements that can get a little repetitive if you read a lot of her books. For those who have read the above mentioned books, what were your favorite characters?

Ivy Rose
          @ivy-rose
            • Total Posts: 102

I read the Hidden Hand so long ago that I don’t remember too many characters, but as long as I’m thinking of the correct book, I liked Travis. (he was the doctor, right?) In Ishmael, Bee and Nora were my favorites. Who were yours?

Yes, EDEN Southworth’s tenancies towards melodrama gets tiring after a few books, but when spaced sporadically among other books, it’s fun. 🙂

Jada Morrison
            @jadamae
              • Total Posts: 199

@ivy-rose I don’t really know who I liked best, probably Ishamel and Capitola 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            >