Home Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions You know you're a bookworm when….

This topic contains 27 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Ingrid 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

jenwriter17
    @jenwriter17
    • Total Posts: 432

@pickupyourpenandwrite Oh my goodness I just did this yesterday!!! I did it to my brother and he gave a look that seemed to say, you’re an odd person. what has writing and reading done to you? Wonderful things, bro, wonderful things. 🙂

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen." -Martin Luther
    INFJ

pickupyourpenandwrite
    @pickupyourpenandwrite
    • Total Posts: 25

😀 I was in the waiting room of a hospital ( I wasn’t ill or anything) and was reading a really good book. It’s called Addison Blakey: Confessions of a Pk and at one point I’m sure I was laughing out loud. I don’t know what the people at the hospital were thinking 😄

"Come out from them and be separate says the Lord." 2 Corinthians 6:17

Ben P.
    @supermonkey42
    • Total Posts: 161

You know you’re a bookworm when you can’t stop laughing at a joke a character made, then you look up and realize your sister thinks you’re laughing at her.

PrincessFoo
    @princessfoo
    • Total Posts: 154

You know you are a bookworm when you used to hide books around the house to sneak in a couple paragraphs whenever you have the chance. And sometimes you still do it if it is a really good book.

You know you are a bookworm when the only conversations starter you have is, “So, have you read any good books lately?”

You know you are a bookworm when it is an inside joke among your friends how much you love books, especially since 75% of your friends are in your book club.

You know you are a bookworm when you’ve out-read your library’s YA section.

You know you are a bookworm when you figure out that the reason your library only has books 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6, but never the first book in a series, is because they are conspiring against you to make your life miserable. (I’m onto you, library.)

You know you are a bookworm when you wonder what other people think about in their free time, if they aren’t thinking about books. (Seriously, I want to know. If I am doing something that doesn’t require much concentration, then I will think about books/my-book/movies. What does everyone else think about? It must be so boring!)

If you guys haven’t figured it out yet, I am a HUGE bookworm.

Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal
    • Total Posts: 437

@jenwriter17 🙂 I know what you mean. That’s exactly what happened to me. My brother was like… ‘Bro, what on earth?’

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*

Danielle
    @dragon-snapper
    • Total Posts: 3264

@rocheillanne

You know you’re a bookworm when you get so engrossed in a book that when a character shrugs, you shrug, and when a character bangs his head, you get a headache.

I used to do this all the time when I read the Magic Tree House books. Whenever Jack shuddered, I shuddered. And all the things he did. XD I do that when I write too.

You know you’re a bookworm when the tensest, most heartbreaking moments of a book make you get up and start pacing around the room, and the severe losses make you physically start banging the floor.

@sam-kowal LOL. I’m trying to imagine you and Stan doing that…

silverphoenixwriter.blogspot.com
    *melts chair*

Danielle
    @dragon-snapper

I was in the waiting room of a hospital ( I wasn’t ill or anything) and was reading a really good book. It’s called Addison Blakey: Confessions of a Pk and at one point I’m sure I was laughing out loud. I don’t know what the people at the hospital were thinking

@pickupyourpenandwrite Maybe something along the lines of, “Should we take this girl in?”

You know you are a bookworm when you wonder what other people think about in their free time, if they aren’t thinking about books. (Seriously, I want to know. If I am doing something that doesn’t require much concentration, then I will think about books/my-book/movies. What does everyone else think about? It must be so boring!)

@princessfoo XD I wonder about that all the time. What do people do if they aren’t writing or reading or drawing or guitaring or pianoing… or homeschooling. Everything else is boring or annoying.

*melts chair*

Jane Maree
    @jane-maree
    • Total Posts: 853

You know you’re a bookworm when new bookshelves is the bestest thing ever and you spend hours and hours trying to work out how to rearrange the books. xP

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Emerald Flyer
    @emerald-flyer
    • Total Posts: 31

You know you’re a bookworm when you go to your mom and say, “Mom, I need to get a new bookshelf soon.”

You know you’re a bookworm (and obsessed with LOTR) when your best friend gets you the complete collection of illustrated Lord of the Rings book for your birthday. I was so happy.

You know you’re a bookworm when you find a good book and never put it down, not even when eating, and all that week you barely sleep, and when you’re finished you think, “Wow, what an accomplishment! I should get a life now. Lol, no not really, where’s the next book?”

@rochellaine I listen to audiobooks and I find myself moving my hands and making faces when walking around the house. I don’t think my family has caught me doing it yet 😉

Ben P.
    @supermonkey42
    • Total Posts: 161

@emerald-flyer Wait, there are illustrated LOTR books? I didn’t know that!

Dekreel
    @dekreel
    • Total Posts: 1406

You know you’re a bookworm when you try to find themes in everything, not just books

Pronounced DEE-kreel. ENFJ -T (with a hint of ENFP)
    And no, I am not a wolf. I’m NOT!

Danielle
    @dragon-snapper

You know you’re not a bookworm when you look at your bookshelf, shrug and say “Meh.”

*does not hide in shame*

*melts chair*

Ingrid
    @ingridrd
    • Total Posts: 636

You know you’re a bookworm when finishing a novel or a series leaves you in a depressed state for at least a month..

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.