You know you are a writer when…

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions You know you are a writer when…

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 713 total)
  • Author
    NC Stokes
    @daughteroftheking
      • Total Posts: 1156

@jenali Yes! I do that all the time!

You know you’re a writer when you start to imagine what would happen if your characters found the notebook where you keep all your notes about the story.

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Aislinn Mollisong
      @aislinn-mollisong
        • Total Posts: 445

@catwing YES WE LOVE THOSE BOOKS!

It was the second one that the dedication was from, YES WE HAVE READ THE ACKNOWLEDGMENS AND WE ALMOST DIED, we’ve read Half Upon a Time and we are getting the rest of both series on our next library trip.

ENTP, Aether-borg Hero with cape obsession and fascination with swords.
        https://forums.theaetherli

Catwing
        @catwing
          • Total Posts: 2557

@aislin-mollisong The third acknowlements is also funny. But slightly creepy. Cause I’m an author… Also the dedication. ‘Change is coming.’

YAS! *nods like crazy* They are really good. I want to write like that too.
          And I think Nobody is in the HUAT series twice. Not once. *facepalm* Once he says a line that is nearly/exactly the same as what he tells Bethany when she’s tied to the chair in Stolen Chapters.
          The second he is just mentoned. At least I think it’s him. Cause who else could it be?
          Tell me if you think it’s him when you get there.

And then the characters rebelled… Or not… *is way too excited*

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Catwing
          @catwing

@aisllinn-mollisong above

Catwing
            @catwing

@aislinn-mollisong above

pickupyourpenandwrite
              @pickupyourpenandwrite
                • Total Posts: 37

You  know you’re a writer when you silently cheer when you have to write an essay and everyone else is groaning.

You know you’re a writer when you have a whole drawer full of old notebooks.

"Come out from them and be separate says the Lord." 2 Corinthians 6:17

NC Stokes
                @daughteroftheking
                  • Total Posts: 1156

You know you’re writer when you’re ranting, normal as could be, that one of your characters is cooperative while all the others aren’t, and your brother says, “You’re warped,” and pats your shoulder sympathetically.

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Linyang Zhang
                  @devastate-lasting
                    • Total Posts: 1700

You know you’re a writer when you look up weird stuff. Really weird stuff.

You also know you’re a writer when you can spot mistakes in books.

And also when you find plot holes in your own writing and you have to scream.

And when you make a ton of characters and then you forget about them, and then they come back to haunt you.

Lately, it's been on my brain
                    Would you mind letting me know
                    If hours don't turn into days

Skredder
                    @skredder
                      • Total Posts: 527

You know you’re a writer when you read something horribly written (cringe-worthy) and have a desperate urge to rewrite it.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Joy
                      @dekreel
                        • Total Posts: 2304

You know you’re a writer when you care more than your own mom about not abbreviating words

You know you’re a writer when the fonts in all your memes are Times New Roman

You know you’re a writer when your mind is constantly swirling and overflowing with ideas and possibilities with which you just can’t keep up

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Joy.

You can pronounce it however you want.

Anonymous
                          • Total Posts: 115

@jenali

I do that all the time! XD

Snapper
                          @dragon-snapper
                            • Total Posts: 3515

You know you’re a writer when you type out Douglas Macauthor instead of Douglas Macarthur on quizlet and end up getting it wrong. Multiple times. Ugh.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Bella B.
                            @ashlyvye
                              • Total Posts: 96

You know you’re a writer when your little sister starts freaking out you take to much time on the computer not playing video games.

You know you’re a writer when you write (obviously)

You know you’re a writer when you re-read books just to try and find grammar/spelling mistakes (on a dare, of course.)

You know you’re a writer when you obsess about what you’re going to be for years, then you write your first story and suddenly stop obsessing over it.

You know you’re a writer when you start laughing during the middle of your mothers, very serious sentence, then she asks what you’re doing, you say “book”  and she understands what you mean because it happens so often.

You know you’re a writer when you know what you’re going to college for… then you write your first story and are suddenly confused about where you’re even going to go.

All true stories  🙂

*insert awesome signature because I'm a bit too lazy to come up with one*

Elizabeth
                              @that_writer_girl_99
                                • Total Posts: 1819

@ashlyvye That last one is definitely me haha! I’m lucky the college I’ll be going to has a creative writing major.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Ariella Newheart
                                @ariella-newheart
                                  • Total Posts: 141

You know you’re a writer when two walls of your room are covered with story notes and concept art.

You know you’re a writer when you have scraps of paper with story ideas written on them in your pocket.

You know you’re a writer when you hear about someone else’s experiences and think: “Hey! I can make a character like that!”

😛

INFJ. An extroverted introvert who loves to write and draw.

*disappears into the shadows*

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 713 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >