You know you are a writer when…

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions You know you are a writer when…

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 713 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth
    @that_writer_girl_99
      • Total Posts: 1819

You know you’re a writer when you’re explaining why you’re frustrated with one of your characters to someone and you say “they just aren’t cooperating”, only to have them say “you know they’re not real, right?”

*facepalm*

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Catwing
      @catwing
        • Total Posts: 2557

@jenwriter17 The song thing, the book editing thing, and the plot twist. I do those too!

@skredder
        I did that a few days ago. I got them right too. Expect the best friend character didn’t really do much and it was a bit confusing about him. 😀

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Aislinn Mollisong
        @aislinn-mollisong
          • Total Posts: 445

@everyone all of the above.

@dekreel
          Yes. He’s become my “rational” side. Either him or Aislinn27.

ENTP, Aether-borg Hero with cape obsession and fascination with swords.
          https://forums.theaetherli

NaomiJackson
          @naomijackson
            • Total Posts: 6

You know you’re a writer when you narrate your own actions around the house in your head. (“Naomi typed away at her computer, a serious expression on her face.”)

You know you’ve been writing waaaaaaay too much with waaaaaaay too little actual human interaction when you actually say something like that out loud. (Please tell me that I’m not the only one who has said something like “‘I’d like the mashed potatoes,’ she said.”)

Skredder
            @skredder
              • Total Posts: 527

@naomijackson I do similar things. Whenever I speak with sarcasm I usually say “She said, her voice dripping with sarcasm.”

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Hannah R.
              @his-instrument
                • Total Posts: 229

You know you’re a writer when your family asks you why you’re making faces at your computer, and you have to explain that you’re testing body language.

You know you’re a writer when you’re at a funeral, and while you’re waiting in line to speak to the family, you make use of your time by trying to observe how people respond to grief. (Wow, that sounds a lot more insensitive when I write it out. I hope you all understand me. It has nothing to do with me not caring about the family. Even if it were my own funeral, which would be weird, I’d still be trying to observe reactions to grief.)

You know you’re a writer (@hope-ann) when you started a forum thread about being a writer and 36 pages later, it’s still going.

YA Fantasy Writer
                Obsessive Character Namer
                Find me at hisinstrumentblog.wordpress.com

Snapper
                @dragon-snapper
                  • Total Posts: 3515

You know you’re a writer when you haven’t written in your novel for a few days, and your walking around the house, saying, “Boy, I miss ___”

Then you stop…and say, “Oh wait, he doesn’t exist.”

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Ingrid
                  @ingridrd
                    • Total Posts: 830

You know you’re a writer when you are playing out a scene in your mind and start mumbling your characters’ conversation in the shower.

😉

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Ingrid.

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Snapper
                    @dragon-snapper

@ingridrd *absent whistling*

You know you’re a writer when you don’t want to become a certain way because it’s cliche.

You know you’re a writer when you have dreams about your characters.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

SleepwalkingMK
                      @sleepwalkingmk
                        • Total Posts: 179

@naomijackson Oh goodness. I narrate my entire life in third person o_o 😛

You know you’re a writer when you catch yourself (awkwardly) analyzing people around you to base your characters’ mannerisms and gestures off of.

You know you’re a writer when you repeat something some of your writer friends said to a close non-writer friend, realize it must sound really strange, but then have the non-writer friend totally understand when you explain, “They’re writers.”

You know you’re a writer when several new voices start speaking in your head during your day-to-day life, and you realize they’re characters you’ve written so much about that you start thinking like them.

Read to explore worlds, write to create them.

Ingrid
                        @ingridrd

@dragon-snapper  That second one is way too true for me…

You know you’re a writer when the most frustrating thing in the world is thinking up an awesome story idea during the night—and completely forgetting it the next morning.  *rips out hair*

Snapper
                          @dragon-snapper

@ingridrd AGH! I know, so many forgotten ideas. It’s torture, really.

@sleepwalkingMK
                            “They’re writers.” XD Yes, I’ve had to do that once. Somebody was asking someone else a whole lot of questions, and I just looked at him and said, “We’re writers.”

“Aahhhh…”

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Ingrid
                            @ingridrd

@sleepwalkingmk  LOL.  Those are some good ones.

NC Stokes
                              @daughteroftheking
                                • Total Posts: 1156

You know you’re a writer when you find cool words like alacritous and inundate and ubiquitous, and you want to use them but then no one would be able to understand your book. 😛

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Alia
                                @alia
                                  • Total Posts: 1253

oh great, now I have to go look for the hidden cameras in my room because that is the only plausible reason that people are able to write things like this…oh wait, writers. 🙂

you know you’re a writer when you take the time to re-read every single post in this thread

WIP - Decisions
                                  Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 713 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >