You know you are a writer when…

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions You know you are a writer when…

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 713 total)
  • Author
    Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal
      • Total Posts: 635

@princessfoo XD I agree 😀

I once thought about writing something with people who could control electrons in small amount and thus have power over the form of matter itself, but I haven’t gone any further with that

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
      Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

NC Stokes
      @daughteroftheking
        • Total Posts: 1156

You know you’re a writer when you know some songs that simply MUST be turned into stories.

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 3976

@Sam-Kowal I know! Crazy. I love it. 😛

Joy
          @dekreel
            • Total Posts: 2304

You know you’re a writer AND a fangirl/fanboy when you include names, cameos and/or easter eggs in your stories of things you love

*blinks away heart eyes….*

You can pronounce it however you want.

Louise Fowler
            @perfectfifths
              • Total Posts: 726

You know you’re a writer if you get excited when you see the “You Know You Are a Writer When…” topic has been updated.

Currently reading Les Miserables

Joy
              @dekreel

@perfectfifths  Glad I could help 😉 XD

Aislinn Mollisong
                @aislinn-mollisong
                  • Total Posts: 445

You know you’re a writer when you read/watch something, and actually say out loud, “Emotion telling” “Overview telling” “Overuse of adjectives” and other writer-y thingys such as these things.

You know you’re a writer when find old Persian words from your Apologetics curriculum and think, “No one would know if I stole this word and used it in my book.”

You know you’re a writer when you forget said word several times and have to stick a post-it on your computer that says “Tipsarru: REMEMBER IT!!! -N2A” (meaning Nikko to Aislinn)

ENTP, Aether-borg Hero with cape obsession and fascination with swords.
                  https://forums.theaetherli

Joy
                  @dekreel

@aislinn-mollisong  Wait so Nikko reminds you? X)

You know you’re a writer when you drop writing terms into conversation like “character arcs” and “themes,” and everyone looks at you like, “Wha…??”

MNValentine
                    @mnvalentine
                      • Total Posts: 123

You know you’re a writer when you realize you have an entire drawer of notebooks filled with random ideas that you haven’t thrown away because you might want them later.

Silence! Silence everyone, for the king's speech!

MNValentine
                      @mnvalentine
                        • Total Posts: 123

@aislinn-mollisong Yes, stealing words 🙂 Usually I go to Latin for that.

@dekreel
                        Definitely had that experience 😀

Silence! Silence everyone, for the king's speech!

Joy
                        @dekreel

You know you’re a writer when you are riding in a car, and you look over to the person driving the car right next to you, and you start brainstorming who he or she is

Jenna Terese
                          @jenwriter17
                            • Total Posts: 2522

You know you are a writer when you hear a song and go, “Oh! That would go perfect in that one scene I am working on!” This happens to me So. Many. Times.

You know you’re a writer when you start editing the book you’re reading.

You know you’re a writer when you see a stranger, decide they look exactly like one of your characters, and feel compelled to tell them so. (until Mr. Introvert takes over and you slunk back to your notebook)

You know you’re a writer when you squeal (or yell, or whatever guys do 😜) about a smart plot twist in a book or movie.

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                            www.jennaterese.com

Skredder
                            @skredder
                              • Total Posts: 527

You know you’re a writer when you start talking through a movie about why a certain thing is about to happen to a character in a show you’ve never seen before.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

aviantrail
                              @aviantrail
                                • Total Posts: 12

You know you’re a writer when you start imagining a story revolving around a person you always drive past on your commute.

"Reflect that I may be an acquired taste... Give me the same chance you would an olive." –Psmith

Gloria Oldenpinner
                                @foreverme
                                  • Total Posts: 15

You know you’re a writer when you almost dread finishing your story, because you’re no longer going to be enthralled in the writing experience. (Unless it’s a series! Hehehe).

You know you’re a writer when you have Pinterest boards especially for your books, and a list of words to use in them.

Melts into shadows. Falls into melted chair goop.

I'm an ENFP-J, and I love chocolate and books. Among other things.

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 713 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >