You know you are a writer when…

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions You know you are a writer when…

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 713 total)
  • Author
    Catwing
    @catwing
      • Total Posts: 2557

@allison-grace Yep. I have do have an obsession with pencils (yes, certain wooden ones more than others), paper, notebooks, flags, and other office supplies… (The weird thing is I like stickers, but I never want to use them because you can only use them once.)
      You know you’re a writer when, you have a pencil behind your ear. Then you forget about it and it nearly pokes a hole in your sweater.

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 115

@Dragonsnapper XD

@catwing

Me too with stickers.

Catwing
        @catwing

Yeah. What’s the point if you can only use them once? @allison-grace I am not alone!

Aislinn Mollisong
          @aislinn-mollisong
            • Total Posts: 445

I….have all of those @allison-grace. Especially the one about the forums…I am currently (meaning right this very second) on KP, Aetherlight forums, and NaNoWriMo. My alternate realities keep getting tangled…

ENTP, Aether-borg Hero with cape obsession and fascination with swords.
            https://forums.theaetherli

Anonymous

@catwing

To collect and say you will use them sometime, but really intend to keep them in a box forever.

Catwing
              @catwing

@aislinn-mollisong Yeah, that could be confusing
                @allison-grace Or you have a reusable sticker book, that basically holds stickers. 😛
                And I used to make stories up with them…

Anonymous

@aislinn-mollisong

I have the same name on two forums. And I also have the same profile on two. 🙂

Aislinn Mollisong
                  @aislinn-mollisong

@allison-grace I have the same name on everything (Aislinn is my pseudonym of choice for ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING!) and sometimes I get really confused…at Bright Lights last week, we were doing an icebreaker type activity, and I accidentally said, “Hi! I’m Aislinn!” instead of my real name! *embarrassed*

Elizabeth
                    @that_writer_girl_99
                      • Total Posts: 1819

You know you’re a writer when you google to see what kinds of materials can cut through steel… @dragon-snapper @ethryndal @kate-flournoy

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Ethryndal
                      @ethryndal
                        • Total Posts: 1013

@that_writer_girl_99 I’m actually very interested to know what you found out…

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Elizabeth
                        @that_writer_girl_99
                          • Total Posts: 1819

Here’s a link to an article I found: https://www.hunker.com/12587271/what-cuts-through-steel

@ethryndal

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Aislinn Mollisong
                          @aislinn-mollisong

You know you’re a writer when you are 6 pages into the first book of your trilogy, and you have an idea for another novel.
                            *headesk* *facepalm*

(It’s actually pretty cool. It’s a superhero book, and it’s called “The Haphazard Adventures of Allie j. Brown”)

Emerald Flyer
                            @emerald-flyer
                              • Total Posts: 33

You know your a writer when you are writing that a character gets poisoned or shot with an arrow or what a loom is and how to work it and research for the next two days, “What is the likelihood of surviving an arrow wound?” “How do you remove an arrow?” “What kinds of poison are there and first aid?” “How does a loom work?” I know because I recently did this like yesterday. When I do this I always think of the phrase “write what you know,” and think, write what you don’t know and learn!

*Rejoices I’m not a bumbling henchman anymore*

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Emerald Flyer.
                              Snapper
                              @dragon-snapper
                                • Total Posts: 3515

aislinn-mollisong *headdesks with you* Tell me about it.
                                You know that you’re a writer when you realize that I’ve been saying ‘your’ instead of ‘you’re this whole time and feel terrible.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Snapper.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Ethryndal
                                @ethryndal
                                  • Total Posts: 1013

@Dragon-Snapper The grammar fairies are having heart attacks.

@That_Writer_girl_99
                                  Cool! Thanks!

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 713 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >