You know you are a writer when…

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions You know you are a writer when…

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 713 total)
  • Author
    Aislinn Mollisong
    @aislinn-mollisong
      • Total Posts: 445

@perfectfifths what is your game name? You should join the forums and give me a shoutout! Ok, back to topic. Sorry!

ENTP, Aether-borg Hero with cape obsession and fascination with swords.
      https://forums.theaetherli

Louise Fowler
      @perfectfifths
        • Total Posts: 726

@aislinn-mollisong I’m not big on joining forums (Kingdom Pen being the exception that prove the rule 😉 ) But my game name is Kayma Brass-Scope (or something like that).

Currently reading Les Miserables

Emerald Flyer
        @emerald-flyer
          • Total Posts: 33

You know your a writer when you are sitting in school and they explain the basics of writing and your just like, O-O

Catwing
          @catwing
            • Total Posts: 2557

@emerald-flyer What does O-O mean?

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

EpicAddie2
            @epicaddie2
              • Total Posts: 794

@emerald-flyer I just had writing class today. The assignment is to write two narrative stories, so I’m just sitting there in class while my teacher is explaining where to put quotation marks and stuff. I’m just like “Can’t we get to the actual writing part of this class already?”
              I already have my two narratives, three weeks early. XD

INFJ ~ 4w5
              aldarley.wordpress.com

Catwing
              @catwing

@epicaddie2 That did happen to me. In a writing book. “Why can’t I write already!”
                Then I had to write a paper explaining what thumbs were to someone who didn’t have them (So I imagined a horse)… Weird writing assignment.

Emerald Flyer
                @emerald-flyer
                  • Total Posts: 33

@catwing O-O probably means, “Can we start please?”

@epicaddie2
                  IKR! It’s like, creative writing, Yes! Challenge accepted. Though I’m not really good at writing essays and stuff.

PrincessFoo
                  @princessfoo
                    • Total Posts: 194

You know you are a writer when you are texting your friend and it somehow turns into a epic food fight with armies of food, dramatic deaths, and eventual banding together to defeat the army of trees. (@daughteroftheking, who it definitely didn’t happen with. Because we don’t know each other.)

Catwing
                    @catwing

@daughteroftheking Neat way for you to get an idea for a book.
                      You know you’re a writer when as you walk to a dark room (or sleep down-stairs or go outside when it’s dark or etc…) your brain starts narrating, “As she walked toward the darkness, she couldn’t possibly know what was in there.”
                      This is where your brain starts imagining monsters, fateful deaths, and burglar lurking scenes.
                      “Unimaginable things.”
                      *snort* I could probably imagine them, besides, it’s not like I’m in a book.
                      “But was she?”
                      Oh, just be quiet will you? *faratically runs into room to flip light switch*
                      “The thing lurked behind her ready to pounce.”
                      *you finally get the light on.* *sigh* Sorry brain, wrong dimension.
                      “And the lurking things were defeated”
                      *eye-roll*

Snapper
                      @dragon-snapper
                        • Total Posts: 3515

You know you’re a writer when almost every single picture on your wall is a drawing from something in a story…

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Anonymous
                          • Total Posts: 1330

@catwing Definitely! That is so totally me…Even when I was little I told “the story of my ‘grown up’ life” to myself all the time 😛

Snapper
                          @dragon-snapper
                            • Total Posts: 3515

And you know you’re a writer when taking a half-hour walk on the treadmill while playing your epic playlist turns into a long action sequence of your main character’s turning point…
                            (i.e. Definitely not me. Dragon Snapper might have done that, but not me. Cause we all know that that’s impossible… Yeah)

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Catwing
                            @catwing

*laughs* @dragon-snapper Sounds like something that would happen to me if my family had a treadmill.
                              You know you’re a writer when you’re in the car and your brother says something that you thought would be perfect for one of your characters to say. Then you realize you had based that character after your brother.
                              But wait… You’re Dragon snapper… *blinks* That’s impossible, yep.
                              More like I have to contain my excitement when writing a sad/suspenseful scene (Yep!), because I know how it’s going to turn out (Which fine. Happy ending. Yay!) and I want to tell everyone this is what’s going to happen and at the same time as not wanting to tell them.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Catwing.

Hannah
                              @salome01w4g
                                • Total Posts: 991

@dragon-snapper yep accept I talk 3 mile walks and “my” phone only works for 1/4 of a mile of it…. 🙁 :*(

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

NC Stokes
                                @daughteroftheking
                                  • Total Posts: 1156

You know you’re a writer when you have an argument with yourself and you realize the two voices in you head are characters from your WIP.

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 713 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >