You know you are a writer when…

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions You know you are a writer when…

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 713 total)
  • Author
    Snapper
    @dragon-snapper
      • Total Posts: 3515

@daughteroftheking
      My family does that all the time. “What you do to yourself?”
      “I got in a fight with a bear.”

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

PrincessFoo
      @princessfoo
        • Total Posts: 194

@daughteroftheking @dragon-snapper
        Once, I sprained my finger, and my brother and I made an elaborate story to tell my friends that involved portals, Narnia, and Aslan biting my finger. Then we realized that if the thing that represented God bit my finger, it would probably do more then just get sprained.

Snapper
        @dragon-snapper
          • Total Posts: 3515

You know you’re a writer when you misspell your villain’s name and start to worry.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Aislinn Mollisong
          @aislinn-mollisong
            • Total Posts: 445

You know you’re a writer when:

You let your siblings kidnap you so you know what it feels like (and also so you can become an actual escape artist, which I now am)

You say something from one of your stories, someone asks what that means, and you start explaining your whole book, with all of the backstory and everything. And then they have this confused look on their face, and you say, “Oh no! Did I do it AGAIN!?”

You listen to the soundtrack of a movie and think, “Why is my book not a movie because that music is PERFECT for it!”

You’ve never really screamed before, and you desperately want to see if you can but you don’t want to freak out your mom.

You are crying over your first killed-off character, and your sister says, “He’s not real!! Why are you crying, ya dingus?!”

Your catchphrase is, “I’m not crazy. My reality is just different from yours.”

The bane of your existence is screen-time limits, because “writing should not count as computer time!”

(Also every single post on this topic applies to me, and I love it!!!!!)

ENTP, Aether-borg Hero with cape obsession and fascination with swords.
            https://forums.theaetherli

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 1330

@aislinn-mollisong Nice! Most of those that you listed apply to me. Especially the last one. I mean, school doesn’t! 😛

Aislinn Mollisong
              @aislinn-mollisong

Also:

You know you’re a writer when fainting, evil laughs, and dramatic death scenes are prized skills among your little sisters and brother.

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 1330

@aislinn-mollisong Definitely my family 😛

Ingrid
                  @ingridrd
                    • Total Posts: 830

The bane of your existence is screen-time limits, because “writing should not count as computer time”!

*waves hand in air* MEEEEE!!!!!!

Here’s some more:
                    You know you’re a writer when you’re listening in on other people’s conversations and trying to remember everything they say.

You know you’re a writer when no one wants to watch a movie with you because all you’re doing is analyzing the characters’ motives and predicting the endings.

You know you’re a writer when you have a thesaurus tab constantly open in your browser.

You know you’re a writer when you don’t want to meet your characters because you know they’ll be mad because of all the pain you’ve inflicted upon them.

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

DelightInLife
                    @delightinlife
                      • Total Posts: 124

You know you are a writer when you have a very interesting search history. A few things I’ve looked up recently are:

Phases of the Moon
                      Asian Desserts
                      Flowers that Grow in Japan
                      How long can a fruit tree last in a drought
                      How long it takes for a Japanese plum tree to grow
                      How long can plants grow without water
                      How long does it take to feel the effects of a drought

Though I know others have much more random things than mine. 🙂 It all depends on what questions pop into your brain as you’re creatively writing along… 😀

NC Stokes
                      @daughteroftheking
                        • Total Posts: 1156

You know you’re a writer when no one wants to watch a movie with you because all you’re doing is analyzing the characters’ motives and predicting the endings.

@ingridrd
                        Yes! Every time!
                        You know you’re a writer when you realized you closed a document without saving it, and your life flashes before our eyes.
                        You know you’re a writer when you say to yourself, “I’ll only write for a little while. Then I’ll go to bed.” And then you laugh at yourself, becouse you know you’ll be up till 1:00 AM.

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Aislinn Mollisong
                        @aislinn-mollisong

You know you’re a writer when you have a vocabulary bigger than Eugene Meltsner’s.

Louise Fowler
                          @perfectfifths
                            • Total Posts: 726

@aislinn-mollisong Ooh, good one! Hey, is your profile pic from The Aeatherlight? 😀

Currently reading Les Miserables

Aislinn Mollisong
                            @aislinn-mollisong

@Perfectfifths YESS!!! ARE YOU A FAN!?!?!

If you are, I love you already.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Aislinn Mollisong. Reason: Tags......*glare*

PrincessFoo
                              @princessfoo
                                • Total Posts: 194

You know you are a writer when dreams give you story ideas.

Louise Fowler
                                @perfectfifths
                                  • Total Posts: 726

@aislinn-mollisong Yes! 😀 My brother and I have played it up to where you have to start to pay, but we haven’t gotten around to purchasing the rest yet. 🙂

@princessfoo
                                  I can relate to that one so much! 😀

Currently reading Les Miserables

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 713 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >