You know you are a writer when…

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions You know you are a writer when…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 713 total)
  • Author
    Kate Flournoy
    @kate-flournoy
      • Total Posts: 3976

You know you are a writer when you hear a song and go, “Oh! That would go perfect in that one scene I am working on!”

YES! YES YES YES! Absolutely!

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

You know you’re a writer when your mom asks you if there is anything fun you want to do tonight and you decide it would be best to read your book like you have been doing every night, and then when she asks you if there is anything else, you suggest she help you with your editing.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy

Hahaha… yep, I know what you mean.

Amanda Fischer
          @wordfitlyspoken
            • Total Posts: 79

You know you’re a writer if you would give even a moment’s serious consideration to dressing up in full costume and going out just to see how many people looked at you funny.

I’ve considered wearing my colonial dress to church, if that counts. 😛 (Haven’t done it though.)

My 10 year old brother seems to be my agent. He’s constantly saying I should get my books into Costco and all the libraries. To quote him: “Why go through all the little stores first? More people go to Costco!”

That is so perfect. xD

You know you’re a writer when you go on vacation telling yourself that you have enough stories to work on and WILL NOT get ANY new inspiration for a new story while on vacation…and you come back home with the perfect story idea completely planned out in detail and 2,000 words into the first draft.

You mean…it’s not just me who gets new story ideas like crazy on vacation? 😛

Amanda Fischer
            @wordfitlyspoken

You know you’re a writer when your mom asks you if there is anything fun you want to do tonight and you decide it would be best to read your book like you have been doing every night, and then when she asks you if there is anything else, you suggest she help you with your editing.

YES. Yes, yes, yes…I should absolutely do that sometime.

Rolena Hatfield
              @rolena-hatfield
                • Total Posts: 405

You know you’re a writer when your laptop consists of an overloaded Microsoft Word, movie soundtracks and a weathered keyboard.

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Hope Ann
                @hope
                  • Total Posts: 1092

You know you’re a writer when you drive past a harvested corn field, see one stalk somehow standing tall in the surrounding stubble, and immediately start thinking of story ideas.

Also, when you have a cloak that you made for a movie and you really want to wear it to church sometime (though I don’t know how much that longing actually has to do with being a writer).

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Kate Flournoy
                  @kate-flournoy

You know you’re a writer when just the two words ‘novel’ and ‘idea’ make you cringe, because you already have way too many of them and are swamped as it is.

Hannah C
                    @hannah-c
                      • Total Posts: 362

If you critique a book while reading it.

HC

Shaina
                      @jenali
                        • Total Posts: 142

Haha! I do that all the time!

You know you are a writer when you have 15 minutes to write, and the next thing you know its been two hours!

The Scattered Writer

Hope Ann
                        @hope
                          • Total Posts: 1092

All. The. Time.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Amanda Fischer
                          @wordfitlyspoken

Also, when you have a cloak that you made for a movie and you really want to wear it to church sometime (though I don’t know how much that longing actually has to do with being a writer).

Hehe…I’ve done that. But the cloak wasn’t for a movie, it was just…for no reason. Granted, I wore it to church during VBS week (medieval theme) so it didn’t look too out of place, but still.

Actually, now that I think about it, I may have worn it once last winter as well.

MarkMcGuire
                            @markmcguire
                              • Total Posts: 22

You know you’re a writer when you’re on two different forums, and each has this exact topic…

Exactly.
                              When you are at camp and have more writing utensils then the rest of the cabin combined.

Tatiana
                              @belegteleri
                                • Total Posts: 97

You know you’re a writer when you have pages and pages of sentences and ideas for stories that you will write someday.

Alia
                                @alia
                                  • Total Posts: 1253

You know you’re a writer if you go outside and make up life stories for everyone you see/meet. (or just put them in a book)

WIP - Decisions
                                  Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 713 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >