You know you are a writer when…

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions You know you are a writer when…

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 713 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth
    @that_writer_girl_99
      • Total Posts: 1819

You know you’re a writer when…your mom yells at you for “writing too much” and all you can think is…But I’ve barely gotten anything done… Or…Sorry, Mom, I know I stay up late writing all the time but I just need…a few more…minutes…

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

The Impossible Girl
      @f5a8c3e92
        • Total Posts: 146

@that_writer_girl_99 That is soooo true.
        Um… you know you’re a writer when you are too busy writing to spend much time thinking of something to say on a forum like this.

"Not all who wander are lost."
        Wild Australian. INXJ.

Jess
        @jess
          • Total Posts: 575

@f5a8c3e92 *laughs weakly* Yes.

Mark Kamibaya
          @mark-kamibaya
            • Total Posts: 318

I’m here to randomly say hi to @kate-flournoy and tell her to feel good about herself. I believe KM Weiland gave you a shout-out on her blog. https://www.helpingwritersbecomeauthors.com/mean-move-plot/

I blog on story and spiritual things at mkami.weebly.com

PrincessFoo
            @princessfoo
              • Total Posts: 194

You know you are a writer when you are eating out, see a slightly discolored liquid in your pasta, and think “Ah! Poison!”

You know you are a writer when your friend gives you a big old-fashioned key on a necklace, and you vow to keep it with you at all times in case you go on an adventure and it turns out to be really important.

You know you are a writer when you almost start freaking out when the part of the computer where it normally says “error” or “update available” starts saying stuff like “Hello” and “You aren’t being paranoid when everyone is really after you.”

NC Stokes
              @daughteroftheking
                • Total Posts: 1156

You know you’re a writer when you say “plot twist!” when something unexpected happens to you. Or when you want to apologize to your characters for putting them in tough situations…
                “I’m so sorry MC, but you’re going to get kidnapped. It’s nothing personal.”

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

PrincessFoo
                @princessfoo
                  • Total Posts: 194

@daughteroftheking
                  You know you are a writer when you read a book where a character you like dies unexpectedly, and one part of you is going, “NO! Not her! Why, author, why?!” and the other part is thinking, “Wow, impressive plot twist. I should learn from this.”

NC Stokes
                  @daughteroftheking
                    • Total Posts: 1156

@PrincessFoo Exactly! Or when you finish a really good book and you just close it and stare at the wall for a minute, trying to process everything you learned about writing from it. I don’t know if anyone else does this, but I do all the time. I also feel like I should warn my family that I may randomly burst out in tears or laughter thinking about a book I just read. XD

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Mariposa Aristeo
                    @mariposa
                      • Total Posts: 335

You know you’re a writer when you spend most of your time staring at the ceiling, hoping the roof will cave in and crack your computer screen.

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice
                        • Total Posts: 3365

You know you’re a writer when you know a hundred different ways to kill someone and you know the names of poisons normal people should never have heard of!

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Snapper
                        @dragon-snapper
                          • Total Posts: 3515

You know you’re a writer when in your dream you say, “This would make a great story.”

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Louise Fowler
                          @perfectfifths
                            • Total Posts: 726

@daughteroftheking

when you finish a really good book and you just close it and stare at the wall for a minute, trying to process everything you learned about writing from it.

Yes! I can relate! 😀

Currently reading Les Miserables

FeedingMyGoldfish
                            @feedingmygoldfish
                              • Total Posts: 47

You know you’re a writer when you’re getting the oil changed and decide to stay in the car when they give you the option of staying or going inside…because you can listen to the mechanics working and, therefore, be able to write that character better even though you will never, ever, *ever* be a mechanic because cars are confusing.

You also know you’re a writer when you’re sitting in the car, in the oil changing bay, with the windows rolled down, in near-triple-digit heat, and decide to pull out your handy notebook and start writing poetry about the sensations of summer because, let’s face it…the air conditioning inside has actually started sounding *really* nice but there’s no going inside now. XD

@theliterarycrusader

JaynieCatgirl08
                              @jayniecatgirl08
                                • Total Posts: 38

you know your a writer when…
                                you watch a movie and you know what was inside the writers head when they wrote the script (happens all the time)

Anon
                                @theliterarycrusader
                                  • Total Posts: 64

@feedingmygoldfish You know you’re a writer when your writer friends describe their crazy writerly escapades and you don’t flinch or even raise an eyebrow, because you can relate…although sitting in a hot car is a bit extreme. 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 713 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >