You know you are a writer when…

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions You know you are a writer when…

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 713 total)
  • Author
    Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien
      • Total Posts: 440

@dragon-snapper I have a bottle of fairie dust, and a bottle of poison. Green dyed water.

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Snapper
      @dragon-snapper
        • Total Posts: 3515

You know you’re a writer when cleaning your room turns into a battle scene.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Emma Flournoy
        @emma-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 1352

@Anne-of-Lothlorien What, did the Starburst wrapper taste bad or something?

Ethryndal
          @ethryndal
            • Total Posts: 1013

You know you’re a writer when you can never read a book or watch a movie without lapsing into an intense inner argument about how capably the writers handled the character development or plot structure. And yes, with the strange writers’ voice in your head. I’ve named mine Siri. I turn her on when I need to practice being outgoing.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

The Bean
            @the-bean
              • Total Posts: 65

You know you’re a writer when you cannot watch anything happen without describing it to yourself.

Snapper
              @dragon-snapper
                • Total Posts: 3515

@the-bean I know exactly what you mean.

You know you’re a writer when cutting an onion turns into a tearful drama.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Snapper.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Hope Ann
                @hope
                  • Total Posts: 1092

You know you are a writer when your brother comes into your room, blood dripping from his finger, and asks if you want blood for pictures…

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Sarah Hoven
                  @sarah-h
                    • Total Posts: 669

@the-bean Yes! I do that all the time.

Anonymous
                      • Total Posts: 1486

@hope that is hilarious.

You know your a writer when your happy about being choked in karate class because you now know what it feels like.

Anne of Lothlorien
                      @anne-of-lothlorien

@emma-flournoy Yes it tasted very bad.

You know you’re a tired writer when you start writing a short story for your sister at eleven oclock at night about a girl who finds a trunk of treasures in her grandmother’s house and you wake up ontop of your story and it reads (in very scribbly writing) “Yes of course dear. Look around in the attic if you want. At night the white people of my dreams come out to dance the dance of moonlight.”

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Emma Flournoy
                        @emma-flournoy

@Anne-of-Lothlorien You’re on and it’s not Monday!

And that’s a quite odd nighttime story. 😛

Anne of Lothlorien
                          @anne-of-lothlorien

@emma-flournoy I’m at my grandparent’s house for Thanksgiving.

Emma Flournoy
                            @emma-flournoy

@Anne-of-Lothlorien Ah, okay. 🙂

Ethryndal
                              @ethryndal
                                • Total Posts: 1013

@anne-of-lothlorien Seriously though, you could really do something with that. The white people of your dreams, dancing the dance of moonlight? Don’t throw that one out anytime soon.

You know you’re a writer when the best dream you ever had is the one where your main character was bullying you, just because you got to hear what she sounds like.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Adry_Grace
                                @adry_grace
                                  • Total Posts: 169

You know you’re a writer when you get up to read a paper in front of class, and edit it as you read because you “hadn’t thought of wording it that way” when you were editing the night before.

You know you’re a writer when you wake up from an unusually strange dream and sit and think for 20 minutes to remember all of the slightest details to write down for later reference.

You know you’re a writer when the best part of a tv shows humour is the character that enjoys word play. (e.g. “Why is everyone either overwhelmed or underwhelmed? Why is no one ever just whelmed?”)

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 713 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >