Writing Inspiration

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writing Inspiration

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Hannah C
    @hannah-c
      • Total Posts: 362

Here is a little writing inspiration for you because we all have bad writing days. ☺

How is your writing going today?

HC

Ingrid
      @ingridrd
        • Total Posts: 830

@hannah-c  Boy, do I need this reminder sometimes.  🙂  To be honest, I’m at a weird stage in my writing career.  I’m struggling to find time to write *coughschoolcough*, but I want to write so bad.  All. The.  Time.  And that just doesn’t work when life is so busy.  *sighs*

I guess I need to start making time to write because I don’t want my life to be all academics…I still want to do what I love.  I think that it’s reeeeeaaally important to still have a life outside of school, but there is also a balance because academics should be a priority.

Whew, I totally did not mean to make that a rant buuuut….

*micdrop*

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Hannah C
        @hannah-c

@ingridrd that’s ok, sometimes you just need to rant.

Don’t worry, I feel you. I’m at the opposite end of the spectrum. I am out of school with time to write but instead I find myself running from it. Explain that.

And hey, if you ever need to rant I am totally here to rant to.

Joy
          @joy
            • Total Posts: 59

@hannah-c

Heh, I kind of need this as well. I started a new job overseas nearly two weeks ago now and though it’s been really overwhelming, I’ve also found myself longing to write in a better direction than where I was going before. (That probably sounds weird; I mean writing more for God’s glory and my own enjoyment than for the praise others would give me, though I like that too). Unfortunately, every time I sit down to write my mind goes blank or I decide to put it off until another time, which turns into another time, and another…

Well, I’m on holiday all of next week so that gives me plenty of time, and I shall write something! 🙂

*whispers aggressively* "The HONOUR!"

Hannah C
            @hannah-c

@joy wow, a job overseas! Did you have to move or is it like an online thing?  What are you doing? Sorry, I’m a naturally curious person. 😳

I totally understand that. What genre do you write?

Yes, a week vacation might be just what you need for your writing. Take that vacation and headbutt it in the face Lol. 😂

HC

Joy
              @joy

@hannah-c

Don’t worry about it; I’m pretty curious myself 😃 I had to move; it’s the first time I’ve been away from home for so long and things are still rather rocky. I used to write Christian romances; can’t help but cringe slightly thinking about that now (!) but I really want to try my hand at fantasy.

Thanks for the encouragement! 😄

Hannah C
                @hannah-c

@joy that must be pretty tough having a new job and being away from home. In guessing that would make you closer to my age (20)? What country are you in now, if you don’t mind me asking.

Cool. Ooh romance. I used to absorb Christian romances but after years of that I got tired of the copy and paste characters and plot lines. But now, I have this idea for a romance book with more to it than just romance and I hope I can write it because I get cringed out writing romance.

HC

Bella B.
                  @ashlyvye
                    • Total Posts: 96

@hannah-c   I’m… a newbie really.  I started writing last year for fun and just about four or five months ago began doing it seriously.  I like writing Realistic Fantasy (explain that.)

What about you?  What do you like writing?  By the way, I love that meme it’s adorable!!

*insert awesome signature because I'm a bit too lazy to come up with one*

Hannah C
                    @hannah-c

<p style=”text-align: left;”>@ashleyvye realistic fantasy so like a fantasy world but without anything that can’t be explained aka magic? Hey, we are all newbies at something. Somebody always knows something we don’t. I’ve been at this four years and often still feel like a newbie. How has your writing experience been thus far?</p>
                      I tried writing a historical romance. Not really my forte I found but its written and sitting on my desktop half edited waiting for me to return to it. I also have a mystery, a drama I guess you would call it, a comical autobiography, and soon (call me crazy) another romance. This time I’m going to plot it out. No more pantsing! Are you a planner or a panser?

HC

Hannah C
                      @hannah-c
                        Joy
                        @joy

@hannah-c I am about your age, yes 😃 And I’m in the Netherlands right now – another barrier because right now I only know about ten words of Dutch 😐 The people I’m staying with are really nice, however, and they’re teaching me more words, so it’s not that bad.

I still like romance, but the cut-and-paste characters do get boring after a while. I want to write fantasy with less focus on romance and more on family and friendship – hope that doesn’t sound weird!

Bella B.
                          @ashlyvye
                            • Total Posts: 96

@hannah-c   Realistic Fiction means not in a fantasy world.  I like writing it in our world but with magic that makes sense.  It’s kinda hard, but I think making magic make sense is something I’m really good at.    My writing experience has been amazing so far.  Ever since I started taking writing seriously I’ve written for nearly an hour and a half or more almost every day and I never get bored of it.

Historical Romance?  Hmm.  I am only 12, so I haven’t really read anything like that before, but I don’t really like History.  Does Historical Romance actually have anything to do with history?

A comical Autobiography?  That’s awesome!  I read a fictional comical autobiography once and it was halerious.  Is yours fictional or is it a non-fiction story?

I’m assuming panser means no planning, I just haven’t heard that word before.  I think I’m some of both.  I plan out what’s going to happen in the least amount of sentences I can, but I leave pleanty of extra room for adding idea’s I may put in because you need room for creativity, right?

*insert awesome signature because I'm a bit too lazy to come up with one*

Hannah C
                            @hannah-c

@joy wow the Netherlands! I can imagine not knowing the language would be pretty tough. What is the job you are doing?

That’s great! I think family and friendship are very worthwhile topics to write about. Too often they get portrayed in a negative light, especially family. What is your book called, if I may ask.

@ashlyvye
                              wow, you’re like a super writer! That is a lot of writing!

Historical romance does usually have something to do with history. It can be anything from the time period your story is set in to actually adding historical events that took place. I read one that was set around a real murder that actually happened where the murderer was never determined so the author made up a murderer for the book.

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Mine is non-fiction. Basically stories from my life. I didn’t know anyone had done anything similar.</p>

Well thats good, when I started I had no plan. I just started writing and after a while I realized I had no idea where I was going with it.

HC

Joy
                              @joy

@hannah-c I’m an English  teacher at a Christian school. I’ve always wanted to be one, so it’s a good job so far ☺️

I haven’t written anything yet. I’m still in the brainstorming for ideas phase 😊

Hannah C
                                @hannah-c

@joy thats awesome! What a great opportunity. Is that English as in language or as in grammar? And can I ask where you lived before you moved? Sorry if I am being nosey.

HC

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >