Writing Dares!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 159 total)
  • Author
    Emma Flournoy
    @emma-flournoy
      • Total Posts: 1352

Write about a shy protagonist who really likes cake but is afraid to tell his family because they are all extremely vegan.

@Winter-Rose that would be so cute!

And @Ethryndal, the extrovert who’s invisible— 😀 XD 😀

@Dragon-Snapper
      what about a school for dragons—it’d have dragon youngsters and courses on all things dragon, and dragon teachers. I think those would be fun.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Emma Flournoy.
      Snapper
      @dragon-snapper
        • Total Posts: 3515

@emma-flournoy @daeus @kate-flournoy @ethryndal @winter-rose I have been writing/trying to write the writing dare that Emma gave me a bit ago. The one about a dragon who melts everything. Well, it’s changed quite a bit from that to the point that Daeus is king, @hope is a Knight, I’m a rogue knight cadet, and so forth. However, I’m stuck. I wrote part one, where Hope brings back two dragons. Apart from that, I’m stuck. If you all just want to throw out random ideas that can build off of that, I’d be grateful. Any scene really. I do have a villain/Sauron-like character. Also, the two dragons are to be trained to fight in war. Any ideas?

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Snapper.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Emma Flournoy
        @emma-flournoy

@Dragon-Snapper Erm…you could have King Daeus be the dragons’ personal trainer—a king training his fighter dragons himself would be neat. That’s currently the most exciting idea I thought of. 😛

Snapper
          @dragon-snapper

@emma-flournoy Well, the thing is that @daeus doesn’t like the dragons.
            I’m open to any ideas, you all.

@ethryndal
            @northerner @r-j-wordsmith @graciegirl @anyone

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Northerner
            @northerner
              • Total Posts: 244

@Dragon-snapper, well, why does the dragon-who-melts-everything melt everything? Did Daeus rub him the wrong way? (No offence, Daeus, but it seems likely if you don’t like the dragons but Hope brought them anyway. It sounds like a good recipe for story conflict, and good dialogue too.)I can see Hope training the dragons and taking notes on them — how they fly, and that sort of thing. You have two dragons and only mention one who melts things. Do they have a conversation about why one likes to preserve fragile things and the other has, er, a slightly more devil-may-care attitude about chairs and such?
              It would come closer to the end, but if there’s so much conflict within the ranks: Daeus not liking the dragons, a rogue knight cadet, and a dragon who has the unfortunate habit of melting things, it would be nice to see them ending up banding together to fight the bad guy. Maybe the dragons belonged to the bad guy and one day they got loose or ran away, and then Hope picked them up (probably not literally), and they decided they liked the good guys (with the possible exception of Daeus), and so in the final battle they are against the bad guy?

This is what happens when you ask an INTP for ideas. . .

Emma Flournoy
              @emma-flournoy

@Dragon-Snapper Oh. Well that’d hardly go over well would it. 😛 Unless you wanted to make him be forced to do it because no one else could, and he’d end up changing. 😉

Emma Flournoy
                @emma-flournoy

Hey, @Northerner has some good ones.

R. J. Wordsmith
                  @r-j-wordsmith
                    • Total Posts: 113

Maybe the dragons are musical, and have ridiculous visions of the glories of war. They go around all day singing war ballads, and sometimes accidentally spurt a flame or two. Hence the melting. King Daeus dislikes ballads, and so dislikes the dragons. Just a suggestion. Also an INTP here as well.

Jason
                    @jason
                      • Total Posts: 23

I’ll take a dare. . .if they’re still in the giving, so to speak.

Snapper
                      @dragon-snapper

@Jason Oh yeah. Dares are always in the giving…hehehehehe. 😛
                        Write about why mice are blind.
                        Write about how the princess climbed the tower to save the dragon.
                        Write a conversation about an ostrich race and put it in your WIP (that of course, you don’t have to do. It’d be pretty funny though 😛 )

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Snapper
                        @dragon-snapper

@emma-flournoy Ah, poor @daeus .

@r-j-wordsmith
                          @northerner INTP…I’ll keep that in mind for the future. 😛

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Jason
                          @jason

@dragon-snapper Cool dares. I’ll have to keep them in mind for some short stories. I don’t think they’ll really work for my WIP, but we’ll see. An ostrich race? hmmmm.

Here’s a dare–take your favorite and least favorite characters in your WIP (weather or not you put this in your WIP or not) and have fall them either:

1. fall in love

OR

2. become best friends.

R. J. Wordsmith
                            @r-j-wordsmith

@jason, you have just altered the plotline of my entire novel, added about six chapters and eleven new characters.

Thank you.

Jason
                              @jason

@r-j-wordsmith Is this good or bad?????

R. J. Wordsmith
                                @r-j-wordsmith

This is fabulous!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 159 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >