This topic contains 158 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Josiah DeBoer 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 159 total)
  • Author

Kate Flournoy
    @kate-flournoy
    • Total Posts: 3828

@dragon-snapper include this line in a story: ‘Dude, we are not asking the dragon for directions.’

I love your dare, @jess. 😉

INFP. As weird as you think I am, and then some. https://kateeverythingwriting.wordpress.com/

Emma Flournoy
    @emma-flournoy
    • Total Posts: 1217

@dragon-snapper

Write a comedy where a morbid but incredibly competent potato bug is the villain in a world full of valiant trapdoor spiders. 🙂

Ingrid
    @ingridrd
    • Total Posts: 406

@bluejay
    Sorry for not getting back to you! I just got back from vacation, and…well, I’m sure you know how that is. Hmmmm…a dare. Let’s see. I dare you to write a short story from the perspective of someone with a fatal disease. What does he/she do in the last few days of his/her life?

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Corissa Maiden of Praise
    @corissa-maiden-of-praise
    • Total Posts: 245

@dragon-snapper It looks like you already have enough dares to keep you busy, but JUST IN CASE you want another one… I dare you to write a story about a pirate who is terrified of water but has never sat foot on land. 🙂

BlueJay
    @bluejay
    • Total Posts: 1610

If you need an idea for a story to write, write about a king who hates his job and comes up with a plan to get himself out of it.

@his-instrument I used this dare and wrote a 5,614 word story. Thanks so much.

I’m ready for more dares people. @daeus, @jess, @his-instrument, @kate-flournoy, @corissa-maiden-of-praise, @ingridrd, @emma-flournoy

Jess
    @jess
    • Total Posts: 575

@bluejay, Write the next episode of a fairy tale that starts with, “And they lived happily ever after. Oh wait, they didn’t.”

Gabrielle
    @winter-rose
    • Total Posts: 1310

@bluejay I dare you to write about a villain who communicates his evil plans through paintings and the hairdresser who stops him.

I WILL survive college. Probably. https://thegreatrisingpuzzlement.wordpress.com/

BlueJay
    @bluejay

Thank you @winter-rose and @jess.
    They are great prompts. I will definitely get some story going. They both made me laugh. 😀

Dragon Snapper
    @dragon-snapper
    • Total Posts: 2700

@bluejay
    In one of the scenes from the prompt @jess gave you, include rapping butterflies. 🙂

Thanks everyone else for the great writing prompts!

*melts chair*

Corissa Maiden of Praise
    @corissa-maiden-of-praise
    • Total Posts: 245

@bluejay I want to see the finished results if you do either of the stories suggested. They both sound hilarious. 🙂

Emma Flournoy
    @emma-flournoy
    • Total Posts: 1217

@bluejay

A king’s personal bodyguard who takes his job very seriously but has an extreme case of claustrophobia.

BlueJay
    @bluejay

Thanks all. Great prompts here.
    @dragon-snapper, Sorry, I didn’t mean to forget you. Far be it from me to anger a dragon. 😉 ‘Dancing butterflies’ I have no idea how you came up with that prompt and I have no idea how to use it. It will be a challenge, but I shall be brave…*charges into battle*

Hannah R.
    @his-instrument
    • Total Posts: 221

@bluejay Great profile pic! 🙂 Did you know they’re working on a How to Train Your Dragon 3?

YA Fantasy Writer
    Obsessive Character Namer
    Find me at hisinstrumentblog.wordpress.com

Hannah R.
    @his-instrument

I used this dare and wrote a 5,614 word story. Thanks so much.

I’m glad you were able to use the dare! Now I want to read the story 🙂

YA Fantasy Writer

Hannah R.
    @his-instrument

I dare you to write about a villain who communicates his evil plans through paintings and the hairdresser who stops him.

@winter-rose have you ever read the short story “The Inspiration of Mr. Budd”? It’s about a hairdresser who catches a murderer. Highly recommended.

YA Fantasy Writer

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 159 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.