Writing Dares!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 159 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

@dragon-snapper

1st person
      Write a story from the viewpoint of one of your siblings who enters a portal and ends up in a fantasy world where they have to cooperate with you in order to save the world.

3rd person:
      Write a story where a character ends up trapped inside a dragon’s den with no weapons, food, or water, and has to get out without the dragon noticing him/her.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Emma Flournoy
      @emma-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 1352

Write a story from the viewpoint of one of your siblings who enters a portal and ends up in a fantasy world where they have to cooperate with you in order to save the world.

@Daeus
        What an awful plight.

Snapper
        @dragon-snapper
          • Total Posts: 3515

@emma-flournoy @aysia-serene @r-j-wordsmith @overcomer @jane-maree @jess @perfectfifths @northerner
          Please. I. Need. Moooree. *scrabbles for more*

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Emma Flournoy
          @emma-flournoy

@Dragon-Snapper Here. *gives you Moooree*

🙂

Write about a tall, dark, austere 34 year old who always wears a long grey overcoat. He has a small shop in a corner of London, and his chief passions are in making feta cheese and belting out Baroque cantatas. His life is normal, until the 65 year old merry fellow who is dairy intolerant and indifferent to music but adores all people comes into his shop.

Jane Maree
            @jane-maree
              • Total Posts: 909

@Dragon-snapper okay let me think…

Write about…a tall 14 year old who likes fedora hats. Then one day a fairy appears out of his favorite hat (ruining it, of course) and starts asking for a haircut.
              (I don’t even know where in the world that came idea from. Somewhere very weird. xD)

Or a first person idea: You open the fridge to get lunch only to teleport who-knows-where for apparently no reason.

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 77

@dragon-snapper errr, what kind do you like?
                Grab the book nearest you, turn to a random page, place your finger anywhere on said page, and write a story beginning with that sentence. Or a story contradicting that sentence ;P

Ethryndal
                @ethryndal
                  • Total Posts: 1013

@Jane-Maree We writers call that Somewhere Very Weird our brains… XD

@Dragon-Snapper
                  Write a first-person of a spaceship that gets bored with the places its captain always travels to so it decides to go rogue.

Write a third person of a people watching doorway.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 1486

@dragon-snapper

First Person:
                    Write a story about a vegetarian, a MI6 agent, and an teenager who are all trapped inside a prison made of titanium reinforced cotton candy.

Third person:
                    Write about an old lady who takes home a pet, thinking it is a cat. Two weeks later the animal has grown into a creature she doesn’t recognize.

Jane Maree
                    @jane-maree

@ethryndal haha yep XD

Snapper
                      @dragon-snapper

@daeus Ho boy, that’ll be interesting. 😛

@emma-flournoy
                        *smeagol voice* Yeesss. Moooree. I’m going to love writing this.

@jane-maree
                        Hahaha!
                        @aysia-serene I like anything. 😛

@ethryndal
                        Hehehe! Rogue spaceships vs. People watching a doorway. For some reason I can imagine a cat watching a doorway too.
                        @winter-rose Thanks! I can’t wait to write those either!

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Emma Flournoy
                        @emma-flournoy

@Dragon-Snapper I think @Ethryndal meant a people-watching doorway. 😛 Either would be funny though.

ClaireC
                          @clairec
                            • Total Posts: 628

@jane-maree, @aysia-serene, @ethryndal, @winter-rose, @dragon-snapper, Okay, you guys seem to be really good at this. 🙂
                            So I’ve written a couple of short stories of late, and I’ve discovered that most of my writing apart from my novel, are actually a little dark. ????? No idea why, it just seems to come easier than light fluffiness. again, ????? 😉 Anyways, I need some good prompts. Light fluffy ones. But not too light or fluffy, I need to be able to write it, okay? And I’ll definitely be using all the prompts on this page at a future date. They’re awesome. 😛 So dare away…
                            Here’s a little example of my dark literature. It’s not evil-ish dark, just sad-and-mysterious dark… 🙂

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

ClaireC
                            @clairec
                              • Total Posts: 628

The Unworthies
                              It’s our job.
                              Nothing we can do will release us. Nothing we can do will bring us light.
                              There is no way to break the monotony.
                              Day in, day out, we remain, counting, piling and watching the unworthies: books whose morals and messages are in no way beautiful or pure.
                              Forgotten by everyone, read by no one, these books have become a curse. Nay, they have always been a curse. Where formally they were loved for their impurity, the consequences of such an emotion are being understood.
                              A graveyard of filth, this is the resting place of billions of unworthies. Too many to count, but we count them anyway.
                              Ziggurats of unworthies rise out of the dark mists as far as the eye can see. And silence, ever silence, broken only by the moans of the dying.
                              For with every 100,000 unworthies counted, a keeper, those of us whose work it is to count and watch, is stricken with heart-ache. Here, this disease spells death; slow, painful, difficult death.
                              If ever a worthy is found, a lamp is lighted to give us sight in our darkness. In some ways, it would be better to remain in darkness. There is nothing to give any joy or happiness, no sunshine, no colour, only inky blackness…and piles upon piles of unworthies, books with yellowed pages and charcoal marks on the cover.
                              No true, pure, undefiled light will ever radiate through this place. Only those passing from the shadows through death glimpse the light that is to come.
                              There is a light to come. But few know it, as most live in a fog of the mind. They don’t know what they’re missing.

And they’re the lucky ones…

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

Snapper
                              @dragon-snapper

@clairec Alright! Let’s do this!
                                Write about the bunnies who paraded through the city handing out light and fluffy story prompts.
                                Write about the princess who is stuck in the wild and seeks the help of her father’s enemy’s son because he is stuck in the wild too.
                                Write about the water bottle that has been stuck in the dogwood tree for 100 years.
                                Write about what happened at the potluck, and why there are beans on the ceiling of your church.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Jane Maree
                                @jane-maree

@Clairec Oookay lemme see what I can think up….
                                  Write about a young character who gets lost in the shopping mall and discovers a colony of pixies in the cereal isle.
                                  Write about the day that the lord’s son disguises himself as his father and goes out on an adventure.
                                  Write about how hard it is to learn to teleport without getting completely, hopelessly lost.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >