Writing Conventions/Conferences/Contests

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writing Conventions/Conferences/Contests

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Gracie
    @graciegirl
      • Total Posts: 889

Hey-o, my fellow KeePers!

I’ve recently begun to consider attending writing conventions/conferences, but I have a teensy problem: I don’t currently have a way of finding out about these opportunities.

So.

As a first step, I’ve created this thread to be a place where we can all share news about any conventions/conferences or contests we hear about. I’ve noticed that you guys are pretty good at creating threads to announce things like these, but I thought it might be nice to have a thread specifically dedicated to sharing these opportunities. You know, just so we can have them all in one place. 😀

Please, feel free to share any writing events you hear of/will be attending!

Ta,
      Gracie

Just some tags to make sure this is seen:

@that_writer_girl_99
      @kate-flournoy @dragon-snapper @ethryndal @daeus @hope @winter-rose @northerner @jess @delightinlife @all-the-peoples

*is probably geeking out about something*

Northerner
      @northerner
        • Total Posts: 244

@Graciegirl, I know of Realm Makers, which just happened, and is rumoured to be in Pennsylvania next year.

I’m in kind of the same spot too, so this thread will be handy.

Elizabeth
        @that_writer_girl_99
          • Total Posts: 1819

I’m in the same boat. Thanks for starting this! @graciegirl

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976
            Josiah DeGraaf
            @aratrea
              • Total Posts: 717

@northerner Realm-Makers might be in PA next year?? 😮 That would be awesome! I’ve been wanting to attend Realm Makers for a while and will totally attend if it’s in PA.

@graciegirl
              The Christian Writer’s Guide has an excellent conference guide (I was paging through it while at the Greater Philly Christian Writer’s Conference this past week) if you’re able to get it, but this will be a great way of seeing where everyone else is attending!

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Gracie
              @graciegirl

@Northerner Oooh, I have heard a lot about Realm Makers. Will definitely look more into it. 🙂

@Aratrea
                Thanks! I’ll check it out. 🙂

Christine Eaton
                @christi-eaton
                  • Total Posts: 306

I don’t really know much about it, but I heard that The Gray Havens are playing at a writer’s conference in Moscow, Idaho called Wordsmithy late Sept. (@aratrea road trip? 😉 ) Also I know they are actually teaching one of the workshops themselves.

I don’t know of any other writers conferences currently.

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Daeus
                  @daeus
                    • Total Posts: 4238

@christi-eaton Ahhhh! Why did you tell me about that conference?? I looked it up, and now I seriously want to go there! But Idaho… hehe. Probably not going to happen.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Christine Eaton
                    @christi-eaton
                      • Total Posts: 306

@daeus I know, right! It looks awesome. But yeah, I don’t think I can make a trip from California to Idaho anytime soon.

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Hope Ann
                      @hope
                        • Total Posts: 1092

I, and a few others here, are planning on attending this Indana Faith and Writing Conference in October. 🙂

And if Realm Makers is in PA next year, I am so going to try and go. I’ve been watching it for years, but Nevada was a bit far…

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Northerner
                        @northerner
                          • Total Posts: 244

@Aratrea, I’ve heard that it will be, but haven’t seen anything official that says it will be. Surely someone from here went, and maybe they heard an announcement and can tell us? @Audrey-caylin, maybe?

Audrey Caylin
                          @audrey-caylin
                            • Total Posts: 323

*jumps in*

@northerner
                            I just got back from Realm Makers 2017 😀

Surpisingly, they didn’t mention where it would take place next year. I probably should have asked one of the people in charge, but I was secretly praying it would be somewhere on the Pacific Coast 😛 I expect they’ll announce the location on the blog, website, or FB page soon.

Anonymous
                              • Total Posts: 96

Ooooh @hope – that Indiana one is only like 1.5 hours from where I live

*excitedly goes to check plans*

Ughh – I have a Latin exam that day – I still want to go to some of those places.

Gracie
                              @graciegirl

Ergh, that sounded like a perfect one for me to try, Hope! Unfortunately, I have my PSAT that week. *sour face*

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >