Writers Score Results

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers Score Results

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Audrey Caylin
    @audrey-caylin
      • Total Posts: 323

Well…I guess I’ll just start this up because I’ve taken the Writers Score Assessment a few times.

I’m a solid 84 (though I think they changed something because I was 93 the first time) I feel that clearly describes me as a “Planner,” as they would say. 😀

Oh, and I do stalk their Facebook page. I’m not under my pen name there though 😛

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

hehe! That was a neat way of them to get my email address. *jots that down*

I got 84 too.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Northerner
        @northerner
          • Total Posts: 244

I got 58. I wonder, if @Hope has taken it, what she got?

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976
            Hope Ann
            @hope
              • Total Posts: 1092

I got 69 too, @kate-flournoy.

@northerner

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Ethryndal
              @ethryndal
                • Total Posts: 1013

Well that made me happy. I got a 62.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 1486

I got a 53 then a 58 this last time. @northerner we got the same! 🙂

Northerner
                  @northerner

@winter-rose What do you plan to do now, to get farther?

Anonymous

@northerner My weaknesses were related to platform, feedback, and family support, with some space to improve in learning and strategy. Since platform is my biggest weakness, I’ve thought a lot about it. I’m considering starting a blog to introduce beginner writers to the writing world, which includes introducing them to the elements of story (i.e. character arcs, story structure, theme…ect). But before that happens I’m going to research more about writing, which falls under the learning part. My goal is to start the blog at the end of the school year. I’m also thinking of breathing life back into my personal blog.
                      Feedback and family support go together for me. Since I haven’t shared much of my fiction, my parents haven’t really had a chance to get involved. To change that I’m going to finish the second draft of my WIP (hopefully by the end of next month) so I can send it off to my first round of beta readers and actually get feedback. Then I’ll fix it up a little more and send it to my parents.

Northerner
                      @northerner

@winter-rose, it’s nice to know I’m not the only one who waits to show my parents my stories until they’re close to finished. My family as a whole is not really involved, though my sister is quite a bit. Most of my support and feedback comes from writer friends, and I have quite a good score on community and feedback. Family support, not so much.
                        I’ve started to build a platform, though I’m still finding my way through that. Not much of a strategy, either — I have several goals in mind, but how to get there is very sketchy. I need to work on these things the most. I’m not sure just how, yet (typical INTP answer, there).

So can I play devil’s advocate for a minute? If you’re going to start a blog to introduce writers to the writing world, what makes you qualified to do so?

Sierra
                        @sierra-r
                          • Total Posts: 46

I tried it and got a 70. What about you, fellow interns? @christi-eaton @brandon-miller

Anonymous

@northerner Yea for some reason its hard to show your parents what you write.
                            Now that question is the one that most concerns me. I’ve written two books (which is the KP qualification for writing articles on writing last time I checked), but I’ve only written for two or three years. I also haven’t received much feedback (on my books anyway), which is a concern, because even if I know all about how to write, it doesn’t mean I can actually apply what I know. So I would have to speak from what I’ve learned before I speak from my experience.
                            I’ve considered ways to compensate for my lack of experience, which is where all the research is coming from (my list of books to read is over ten books long, minus everything else I’m planning to look up on different writing websites). I’ve planed to wait for a few months so I can receive feedback and learn everything I can about starting a professional blog. I’ve considered passing my articles through more mature writers before I publish them.
                            My content wouldn’t be very complex, just the basics.
                            The audience I’m aiming for are the ones who write for a hobby and haven’t yet made the step into learning more about the writing. Maybe they don’t even know there is more to the craft. That was me when I started. I didn’t know story structure or character arcs even existed before I stumbled upon K. M. Weiland’s blog. My blog would grow with me as I grow as a writer.
                            I have to start somewhere. I’m never going to know everything. However, writing is what I love, know, and enjoy the most, and is the likeliest focus I could chose. Even if my blog doesn’t go into the details of the craft, someone would still benefit.
                            This is all just an idea mind you, but that’s been my thought process so far. I do sound horribly naïve to be starting a blog like that, I realize, with my lack of experience.

Christine Eaton
                            @christi-eaton
                              • Total Posts: 306

@sierra-r I got 45, probably because I really don’t do novel writing, and because I have very little time to write for fun 🙂

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Northerner
                              @northerner

@winter-rose Congratulations, you just wrote your mission statement, or definition of your purpose, or whatever it’s called. When you do start that blog, post that (or something like it, if it changes before then, as our thoughts tend to do) for people to find.

Anonymous

@northerner *takes bow* Thank you. Hey, you said you were starting a platform. If I’m aloud to ask, what is it? And how do you plan to get your parents involved in your writing? (I know you said you don’t have much of a strategy, but I decided to be mean and ask anyway.)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >