Writer's Corner #4

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writer's Corner #4

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,027 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 1486

@kina-Lamb Bravo! See ya around. 🙂

Jane Maree
      @jane-maree
        • Total Posts: 909

@winter-rose I’ve got to go now, unfortunately. *salutes* I got quite a bit written/plotted/researched but now duty calls me elsewhere. Thanks for the company! 😀

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 1486

@jane-maree *salute back* Onward to your duty, soldier! 🙂 I’m glad you got some work done. I finished up a blog post (mostly), worked on an article, then edited a bit of my WIP. See you around! 🙂

Audrey Caylin
          @audrey-caylin
            • Total Posts: 323

I’m going to be editing for hopefully another half-hour, if anyone would like to join 😀

Jane Maree
            @jane-maree

@Audrey-Caylin I’ll be plotting/alpha reading/editing/who know what I”ll actually end up doing. XD

Audrey Caylin
              @audrey-caylin

@Jane-Maree I guess as long as it has to do with words, you’re good xD

Jane Maree
                @jane-maree

@Audrey-Caylin yep something to do with words. 😛
                  At this stage I’m plotting, so let’s see how long that lasts. 😀

Audrey Caylin
                  @audrey-caylin

@Jane-Maree fun! Something about me just loves plotting (sometimes 😉 ). I’m going over alpha-reader feedback right now. Apparently, I’m known to name random characters but never mention their backstory 😛

Jane Maree
                    @jane-maree

@Audrey-Caylin, oh yep! I rather enjoy plotting -most of the time- also. Except for the few times when a) I simply want to flop on the floor and give up or b) I’m freaking out because it’s the finale of my trilogy and I just can’t get it wrong because it’s so important.
                      Nice. 😛 The feedback I often get is “Why, Jane…Why?” Actually, it’s often about my description. Because I fail so hard with writing it. And apparently what I thought were ‘creative words’ to use to describe things, my sister just considers ‘very weird.’

Audrey Caylin
                      @audrey-caylin

@Jane-Maree *high-five to fellow trilogy writer* I’m sure the finale will be epic 😀

That’s writers, I guess: “Regular” people don’t understand our “language” 😉

Jane Maree
                        @jane-maree

@Audrey-Caylin *high-fives back* Yayyy. I sure hope so. The funniest thing is that the other two books – the characters actually fail at the story goal, and the situation just gets worse and worse. So by bok three I suddenly stopped and thought “WAIT. I have to make them win??? NOOO HOW AM I MEANT TO ACTUALLY DEFEAT THIS BAD GUY???” Luckily I have some idea now. xP

Hopefully. xD We’ll see what people say when I officially hand it out to alpha and betas. (Somehow I have people volunteering already and I’m just ‘whoa peoples I’m not even ready yet??’ It’s rather exciting.)

Audrey Caylin
                          @audrey-caylin

@Jane-Maree Is this your first time with alphas/betas? I have my first novel out right now as well. It’s sort of terrifying… but I’m excited to work through feedback and make changes when I get it back 😀

… *whispers* what’s your novel about? If it’s the first in the trilogy, I might volunteer…

Jane Maree
                            @jane-maree

@Audrey-Caylin eeek yes it will be. *hides* I’ve never gotten this far before. I’m hoping that maybe by the end of May I might have it ready for a couple of alphas. (phrasing it like that is making me think of wolf packs now xD)

Ooh okie so I’m going to be super professional and give you the synopsis…aka random bunch of words that I desperately hope sound good and make sense. >.<

Three thousand, two hundred and eighty-seven days exactly.
                              Nine years of running from Great Federation Agents didn’t leave time for much else but running. That’s what an outlaw does.
                              Run. Or get caught.
                              Will preferred running.
                              And so he ran.

William Escarlate has spent his life running through the grasping fingers of the authorities. Escaping from the city of Moscow, he manages to slip beyond the borders of the Great Federation, only to find himself embroiled with another country’s rebellion.
                              Will is drawn into a gang of outlaws, fighting to regain his footing in a new country. It isn’t long before his hunters catch up with him, and he can never stop running if he wants to keep his life. Dodging agents week after long week, he begins to hope that he might just have a chance for freedom after all these years.

But no one can escape the Great Federation forever.
                              Eventually everyone is caught.

*sweats* So yep. That’s what it is at the moment.

Audrey Caylin
                              @audrey-caylin

@Jane-Maree EEEP. THAT LOOKS SO AWESOME. PLEASE keep me updated. Seriously. I have a list of novels I want to beta-read, and I’m adding yours (yes, that scary “List” I recently created xD)

Anyway, that sounds SO cool. I hope all goes well! And alphas are super fun. I’ve done it by interacting with them chapter by chapter, so it wasn’t like sending my novel off for a month and not hearing anything, like with betas (which really frightens me at times 😛 )

I’m going to leave my computer and do some world-building. It was great writing and talking with you! 😀

Jane Maree
                                @jane-maree

@Audrey-Caylin *flails* THANK YOU!!! -day made- I will keep you in mind. 😀

*still can’t stop grinning* That sounds great! I’m hoping to do it via google doc, so yep, something like that. It’s going to be terrifying but so cool when I get there.

Thank you! I did actually get some plot stuff done, and it was great talking also. 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >