Writer's Corner #13

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writer's Corner #13

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 810 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

@winter-rose ah! I’ve heard a lot about Rook! I’m editing my little novella Beauty and the Beast retelling called Rose Mask. I’m doing a read through and making a lot of comments and I’m only a few pages from the end.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 1486

@Seekjustice Oh awesome! 😀 That’s cool. I did a read through for Rook a while back. It was pretty fun. Other than the part were I realized how many mistakes I had made. 😛

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 1486

@seekjustice I’m afraid I can’t concentrate, so I’m going to take a break. Good luck on the rest of your editing! 🙂

Snapper
          @dragon-snapper
            • Total Posts: 3515

@winter-rose @seekjustice Still there? I might be able to join you for a few minutes.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

SeekJustice
            @seekjustice

@winter-rose Okay bye!! haha. I’ve found the readthrough really fun, but oh yeah…so many mistakes…

@dragon-snapper
              Hey! What are you up to?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Snapper
              @dragon-snapper

@seekjustice Writing my novel, Foundations. *rubs hand* Exciting suspenseful scene. 😀 😀

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice

@dragon-snapper Oooh….I love suspenseful scenes!

By the way…I am going to have your story done by March 1, I am, I am!

Snapper
                  @dragon-snapper

@seekjustice Yessss… 😀 So it makes sense why I’m listening to a slow romance song by Andre Bocelli? ? No…. Haha!

XD I’m sure you can do it. And if not, I’m also sure we ‘negotiate.’ 😉

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Snapper
                    @dragon-snapper

@seekjustice Yessss… 😀 So it makes sense why I’m listening to a slow love song by Andre Bocelli? ? No…. Haha!

XD I’m sure you can do it. And if not, I’m also sure we ‘negotiate.’ 😉

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine
                        • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjusitice @dragon-snapper Hi!  I’m here with my western again!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine

@seekjustice Did I seriously do that to your tag? 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                          @seekjustice

@dragon-snapper

I can do it, I just need to really knuckle down and read it, instead of getting distracted. I have really enjoyed what I’ve read so far though. I’m hoping to finish making comments on my own novella today, and then I’ll be able to focus on yours!

Yeah…that makes no sense….stranger things have happened though, I’m sure.

@rochellaine
                            hello! (and yes, you did do a weird thing, but I forgive you)

Snapper
                            @dragon-snapper

@seekjustice Well that’s good. XD I’m glad you’ve enjoyed it so far.

Soo… do you make comments on your novel before editing it? (I’m going to edit a book soon and it will technically be my first time editing a novel by myself on a computer. Yay…)

@rochellaine
                              HI! Ooh, western. I’ve considered doing one of those before.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

SeekJustice
                              @seekjustice

@dragon-snapper

That’s how I’ve done both of my little novellas, except that I did one on paper and I’m doing this one on the laptop. I just made a new word doc, copied the entire first draft and then went through and commented on everything (I’ve changed absolutely nothing, not even the spelling errors). Once I’ve finished commenting (I only have five pages left to go. Yay!!!) then I’ll  go and fix the things that I’ve commented on, and change what needs to be changed, etc.

But honestly, my editing process changes depending on the book, some methods just seem to be better for some stories. This novella is only 30k, but my novel, which I’ll be editing soon is 100k, and I don’t think this commenting method will work on it, because it’s just so big, and I’ll have to work out some other method.

Anyway, sorry for rambling!

Rochellaine
                                @rochellaine

@seekjustice Please let me read the story once you’re done? *puppy face*

@dragon-snapper
                                  have you seen my Valentine’s themed topic?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 810 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >