Writer's Corner #13

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writer's Corner #13

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 810 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

I definitely will, but it might be a while before I get around to reading it! I know, all the weird heels and wigs and stuff, urgh!

I prefer reading to audiobooks, but I don’t really like ebooks, and I only read them if I absolutely have to. I spend so much time on the computer looking at screen for my writing that I like to give my eyes a break when read. Besides, I don’t have a kindle, so the only thing I can read on is my phone, which is fairly small (so far as phones go these days). So I listen to quite a lot of audiobooks.

I don’t listen to radio dramas much, but I have listened to the BBC versions of The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings and all of the Narnia books, and I like those a lot! I should check that website out one day!

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@dekreel Oooh, that’s what I meant when I told someone here about using “thees and thous” ungrammatically.  *cringes* please tell me that was a joke! 😀

Oh, cool!  Glad you liked it.  I actually haven’t seen that one, but I asked my brother about it and he said it’s not very good, so if you liked it you should definitely enjoy the better episodes.  My mom’s favorite character is Geordi and my brother’s favorite is Data.  I, of course, like Worf.  He’s adorably grumpy. 🙂

Yes, Data and his cat are a great pair.

My brother told me to give you a list of the good episodes.  He feels bad that you had to watch a not-the-best episode for your first one. 😀  (I told you he’s the trekker around here.)

I know you just watched a random episode on the TV, but if you have anyplace like Netflix where you can intentionally watch specific episodes, here is a short list of some good ones:

1. A Matter of Honor (Klingon culture)
        2. Data’s Day (Data is always adorable)
        3. The Inner Light (Emotional)
        4. The Best of Both Worlds (The Borg are kind of freaky, and I’ve never been allowed to see them – except in passing – but it’s supposed to be one of the best episodes ever.)
        5. The Enemy (Brother’s recommendation.  Never seen it.)
        6. Sins of the Father (Another Klingon one…)
        7. Deja Q (Hilarious.  Really funny.  Q is a really good horrible character.)

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
        @dekreel
          • Total Posts: 2304

@rochellaine  I actually had no idea that you were talking about “thees and thous…”

HAHAHA! Well tell your brother that I appreciate it. X’D I was watching it on a TV channel, so I really had no choice whether I was getting a good one or not. But I’ll take note! XD

*high fives your brother because he also likes Data* X)

You can pronounce it however you want.

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine

@dekreel No worries. 🙂  My family uses the KJV, so I’ve been immersed in correct “thee and thou” grammar for years.  A lot of people use it as jokes, to make it sound more medieval or something, but an incorrect “thee” sentence is to me the same as “her and me could have went with they to the game if they’re mom might let them.”  😀

You said “I hath returned,” but “hath” is used only in the third person.  You could say something like “Behold! She hath returned,” but that’s about it. 🙂  Sorry.

Should I write an article on this, to help all the medieval lovers here? 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

ClaireC
            @clairec
              • Total Posts: 628

@rochellaine, actually yes, that might be good. I didn’t think “I hath returned” sounded right, but I couldn’t figure out why.

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine

@clairec Okay, I might try writing the article, then.  But I don’t think the people here at KP would think it important enough to publish if I just did a grammar lesson on “thees and thous” so I think I could write it as “how to use slanguage in your writing” and do a small section on old English.  What do you think?  (And I would definitely have a couple of you guys test-read it before sending it in.) 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
                @dekreel
                  • Total Posts: 2304

@rochellaine  You could do a smaller thing for the Keeper’s Corner if you didn’t want to do a full-size article 🙂

You can pronounce it however you want.

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

@dekreel Yeah, I guess I could do that, but I still think grammar wouldn’t be considered important enough, since you can probably google a lot of it.  Usually KP likes to publish more general things that are just ideas.  Daeus did do an article on sword fighting once, but even that is more complicated than a little grammar.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

ClaireC
                    @clairec
                      • Total Posts: 628

@rochellaine. I think ‘Go for it!’ But I do agree with @dekreel, that something for Keeper’s Corner could be better than a full-sized article. You’re right, I’m not sure if they’d publish something like a grammar article on the website itself, but we’ve had one on the email before. It was about whether the (.) or the (!) should inside or outside the quotation marks.

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

Snapper
                      @dragon-snapper
                        • Total Posts: 3515

@dekreel @clairec @rochellaine @winter-rose @daeus I’m writing for a bit–although I’ll be a bit distracted because I’m watching the dogs…

WOOF!

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Anonymous
                          • Total Posts: 1486

@dragon-snapper I’m join you! But not the dog watching part. 😉

Snapper
                          @dragon-snapper

@winter-rose Yeah, she’s a little nuts. XD What are you working on?

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Anonymous

@dragon-snapper 😀 What’s her name? I’m working on my secondish draft of Rook (I started it today :D)  🙂 You?

Snapper
                              @dragon-snapper

@winter-rose Cora. She’s a 6 mo. black lab puppy. Like I said, “Woof.” XD

Well, between throwing the rope, I’m getting in sentences of my WIP, Sector One: Foundations.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Anonymous

@dragon-snapper Awww 😀 <3

Oooh, nice. How far are you?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 810 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >