Would You Read This?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Idea Critiques Would You Read This?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 155

So, this idea’s been simmering in my head for a while, and I finally wrote a little blurby thing. It’s pretty rough, but it covers most of what I have for this idea so far. What do you all think about the concept? Are there any weak bits/cliches in it? Do you have any ideas for where it could go from here? And most importantly: would you read it?

MC’s estranged family is a tyrannical clan that tried to kill her for being too scared to execute an enemy. However, her older brother secretly let her escape. MC has been hiding in a remote town, far from her family’s territory, for several years. When seawyrms marked with her family’s crest start emerging from the ocean, she knows it means nothing but trouble. Even though she’d like nothing more than to watch her family fall, when a royal guard and his apprentice from the targeted city arrive, begging for MC’s help to overthrow her family, she refuses. However, after the next dragon to surface inadvertently destroys her village, and her neighbors realize her identity, she has little choice but to join the plot against her family. Through her journey, she also learns the truth about Glorious, the God her family taught her to scorn.

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

@waterlily I would!

Anonymous

Tagging some people…

@dekreel
          @dragon-snapper @emily @sam-kowal @whoever is reading this

MNValentine
          @mnvalentine
            • Total Posts: 123

This idea sounds great!! It’s a creative concept and I would love to read it 🙂

Silence! Silence everyone, for the king's speech!

Snapper
            @dragon-snapper
              • Total Posts: 3515

@waterlily  This does sound like a neat concept! The only thing that doesn’t quite make sense to me is how the seawyrms could have her family crest marked on them? Am I just misunderstanding? Of course, when you go to write this you can definitely explain in better detail. XD

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Anonymous

@dragon-snapper Yeah, I haven’t completely ironed out the seawyrms yet (or much of anything for that matter), but what I’m thinking is that her family somehow made/bred the seawyrms for use in conquest, branded them, then sent them to the sea until they’re needed so that they don’t have to care for them. I’m also thinking they might have some kind of mind control to communicate with the seawyrms.

Sam Kowal
                @sam-kowal
                  • Total Posts: 635

@waterlily 😀 Yeah. That sounds like a pretty neat idea.

The seawyrms sound quite interesting, too. The crests confused me at first, but I realized you could do something like having a way in the story to manipulate pigments in their scales and cause certain colors to bleed through, and to make the crest, the colors are manipulated in a certain patter. Or you could also have ink injected, like a dragon tattoo XD.

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                  Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

LivGiordano
                  @livgiordano
                    • Total Posts: 86

@waterlily Oh wow. This sounds so awesome. I would totally read this.

www.livforhim.wordpress.com

Anonymous

@kate-flournoy @mnvalentine @dragon-snapper @sam-kowal @livgiordano

Thanks for the encouragement, y’all! Knowing that other people think the idea is good too just gets me even more excited about writing it. I think I’m gonna use the whole dragon tattoo thing. Now I just have to come up with the rest of the story…

Anonymous

@rochellaine Here’s where Kirlas is going to end up! Oh, and I have no idea yet what she’s gonna look like…

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine
                          • Total Posts: 3322

@waterlily OOOH!!! She’s going to be a great Kirlas!  I think the name goes perfectly with the character.

Can I please, please read it – or at least some of it – when it’s done? *smiles coaxingly*

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Anonymous

@rochellaine Definitely! I love it when people read my little scribbles. You’ll probably end up seeing some of the other character/place names you’ve posted in the story too. 😉

Aislinn Mollisong
                            @aislinn-mollisong
                              • Total Posts: 445

@waterlily ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!! Please! I love reading other Keeper’s stories! And this sounds amazing!

ENTP, Aether-borg Hero with cape obsession and fascination with swords.
                              https://forums.theaetherli

Anonymous

@aislinn-mollisong I just have to write it first. 😉 Then you can read it!

Jenna Terese
                                @jenwriter17
                                  • Total Posts: 2522

@waterlily I would definitely read this! It sounds interesting.

Btw, I’m a beta reader ready for hire (if you need me, that is) 😊 I promise to give you virtual chocolate, pizza, and oreos! No need to thank me….😜

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                                  www.jennaterese.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >