Would You Rather Character Edition

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Characters Would You Rather Character Edition

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 451 total)
  • Author
    Aislinn Mollisong
    @aislinn-mollisong
      • Total Posts: 445

@alia I like Jycin just from your descriptions. Can you tell me a bit about him, or are there spoilers?

ENTP, Aether-borg Hero with cape obsession and fascination with swords.
      https://forums.theaetherli

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17
        • Total Posts: 2522

@dekreel my character would probably pick the chocolate (and me too actually…)

@catwing
        my character would rather fly I think, hard to say though…

@kaya-young
        my character would probably choose the mansion in the city, just cuz she’s lived there all her life and she likes it. but she probably wouldn’t be in it very much, prob cruising the roads on her motorcycle 😛

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
        www.jennaterese.com

Alia
        @alia
          • Total Posts: 1253

@aislinn-mollisong, since I’m only three chapters into his book, i think its safe to say that what I’m about to tell you is 80% going to change later.

Jycin is a weaver in his village until he is chosen to become a priest, the most hated and feared group in the land. he is given three days to say goodbye to his two year old daughter and get his affairs in order. if he refuses his daughter will be killed and he will still be forced to join.

so he runs off joins the rebellion, and never perfects the use of a sword (because it always annoys me when MCs perfect sword fighting really quickly).

He is an INFP, likes telling stories and making children laugh. Doesn’t like fighting but will do anything to keep his daughter safe. He annoys Delmira because he would rather weave a story onto a blanket than practice archery, sword fighting, and anything else that fits a warrior.

hey look, I didn’t even put in a spoiler! I’m so proud of me

WIP - Decisions
          Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Alia
          @alia

would your character rather travel in time, but only to the future, never backwards, or be able to go back in time but only to one spot in time.

WIP - Decisions

Catwing
            @catwing
              • Total Posts: 2557

@alia Kay would travel forward… *nods*

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

NC Stokes
              @daughteroftheking
                • Total Posts: 1156

Katie would rather go backwards, but to only one spot. Caroline, however would rather travel forward.

Let’s see.. *thinking* Ok, would you character rather get superpowers at the price of their favorite memories, or not get superpowers and keep their memories?

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Alia
                @alia

@daughteroftheking, Delmira would rather have the superpowers.

WIP - Decisions

Skredder
                  @skredder
                    • Total Posts: 527

@alia Hmm, Casse would rather go back in time to one spot, as long as she could pick the spot. Dagny would go back in time to one spot. She doesn’t really care what spot, as she doesn’t know any.

@daughteroftheking
                    Casse and Dagny would both rather keep their memories. The good ones they have are two few as it is.

Would your character rather get up on stage in front of a crowd of people dressed as someone else for a costume contest or get up on stage in front of a crowd of people to give a speech?

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

NC Stokes
                    @daughteroftheking

@skredder Hmm… Katie would rather do the costume contest, because she wouldn’t want to have to say anything. 😛 And Caroline… would rather run away. 😉 If she absolutely had to choose, she would give a speech.

Would your character rather be famous, or do something incredible that they should be recognized for but never are?

Both of mine would rather go unappreciated, rather than be swarmed by people whenever they go outside.

Sink
                      @sarah-anson
                        • Total Posts: 117

@daughteroftheking  Hmm….

Kirin: Would rather become famous(that’s kind of his goal in my book, to…). He’d also rather give a speech, because then he’ll get recognized for it. And he’d definitely go for the super-powers(though he already kind of has some) no matter what.

Jax: To shy to become famous–would probably run away if you asked him to give a speech. And he’d probably start throwing knives if you tried to get him in a costume, but he is rather good at disguises… As for the superpowers… His whole goal is to appear normal, thank you very much.

Vyrn: Could care less if she had to give a speech(hello, she trained for this for 15 years), and she already is rather famous, so I don’t think she’d mind doing something that doesn’t get her glory. Superpowers–awesome, man! That way, no one could ever tell her she wasn’t strong enough to be a warrior. If they did, she could just punch them or fly up really high and drop them…. She has a demented sense of revenge when it comes to picking on her strength and talent as a warrior.

Shadow: He’d get very jittery and almost pass out before giving a speech, but he’d never humiliate his father by dressing up like a little girl(in his eyes). He is a prince, and images must be maintained if he wants to appear fearsome. He’s already famous, but he’d do anything to impress his father, so getting recognized is everything to him. If he doesn’t get the glory for something good he did, no matter how great, it wouldn’t be worth it in his eyes. And again, superpowers would totally get him recognized, and make his father proud to have such a strong son, right?

Now, would your character rather jump off a cliff(with a parachute, of course), or go swimming with sharks? Would he rather fear snakes, or spiders?

Kirin: Cliff. Snakes. Jax: Cliff. Snakes. (Don’t tell them they answered the same. They’ll get huffy at being compared.) Vyrn: Swimming. Snakes. Shadow: Cliff. Snakes.(Because honestly–what man is afraid of spiders? Snakes can kill you, buddy.)

On a side note: Hello everyone! *waves* I return. I lost my password(okay, I forgot it) and and my email was having issues, and the wifi was having issues… But now I’m back. *epic cape swish*

~Sarah Anson

INTJ. Dragon. Dreamer. Writer. Horse-Rider. Artist. Etc…

*vader vibes*

NC Stokes
                        @daughteroftheking

@Sarah-Anson WELCOME BACK!!!! *throws confetti and slices of pizza* Glad to see you again! I think Vyrn sounds like an interesting character.

Let’s see…
                          Caroline would rather go swimming with sharks. Because HIGHTS. She’s too clumsy to have any business on a cliff. 😛 And being afraid of snakes probably wouldn’t affect her too much, since she lives in a city, whereas spiders are unavoidable. *shudder* Katie would rather jump off a cliff, because she’s never really been in open water before and that would scare her by itself. She’s already kind of scared of both snakes and spiders, but if she had to choose one, it would be snakes. (Katie is scared of a lot of things xD)
                          Would your character rather never win an argument, or always offend people in discussions?

Sink
                          @sarah-anson

Ah, thanks @daughteroftheking ! *takes pizza* Yes, Vyrn and her pals are all very interesting people to me. My favorite character so far(yes, I have favorites) is Jax. He’s fun to write because he’s really good at fighting and such things, but if you ask him to socialize, he’s easily the most awkward person you’ll ever see.

Hm… Kirin would rather offend people. He doesn’t like losing arguments. (Or anything, for that matter.) Jax…. whatever you asked him, as long as it doesn’t have to do with literature, he’d win. He’s very smart, so he’d probably win and offend everyone by knowing more about the subject at the same time. But I don’t think he’d mind offending anyone. Vyrn… she’d probably rather win and offend to. I mean, if she didn’t win, they could use that pick on her competence. And that’s something Vyrn does not agree with. Shadow, he’d also rather win to please his father. (All my characters are rather averse to losing, huh? Oh well. That’s what character arcs are for.)

~Sarah

INTJ. Dragon. Dreamer. Artist. Writer. Horse-Rider. Etc…

*vader vibes*

Catwing
                            @catwing
                              • Total Posts: 2557

@daughteroftheking Kay says, “I’ll keep my memories thank you very much. I don’t want to lose them. Want to go jump off something? Like the Eiffel Tower? That’s a great memory.” She’s pretty cool without powers. 😀

@skredder
                              Kay would dress as someone else. that’s basically what she does. Pretends to be someone else. Speeches… She would rather be handcuffed. So she could pick the locks. XP
                              Daughteroftheking Kay would do something incredible. She likes being secretive.

@sarah-anson
                              Kay wants to go and jump off the nearest cliff… Yep. she would be scared of spiders. They could kill her without her knowing it. That’s scary.
                              Daughteroftheking Kay would rather always offend people. XP

Would your character rather be kidnapped by trolls or humans.
                              Kay says trolls. For something different. XD

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

NC Stokes
                              @daughteroftheking

@catwing Hmm… *insert a moment of thinking*

In Caroline’s world, trolls are gentle if not a little slow, so being kidnapped by one is much preferable to being kidnapped by a human. You could bargain your freedom with food! 😀

But in Katie’s world, there are no trolls, so she would probably prefer to be kidnapped by humans, since she knows nothing of trolls. Of course, trolls might be nice, so she might go with trolls anyway.

Would your character rather relive in full detail their most embarrassing moment, or have to tell about it to a complete stranger? (bonus: what is your character’s most embarrassing moment?)

Sink
                                @sarah-anson

Ah, I know I just did this, at least last time anyone was on this topic, but talking about my character’s most embarrassing moment was to good to pass up, @daughteroftheking, thanks for just an awesome question. Okay. Here we go.

Kirin: Kirin would rather talk about it, because every time he gets embarrassed it seems to be in front of a bunch of people. And there’s a chance he’ll never see that stranger again, right? (Ha, not with his luck.) Bonus Question: Kirin’s most embarrassing moment is when he gets declined to enter in a tournament in front of his peer enemies, and then his peers decide to belittle him about it in front of a bunch of warriors and people he respects.

Jax: Jax would never be able to talk about his most embarrassing moment. Even as humiliating it might be, he’d still rather relive it than try and tell it to someone, complete stranger or not. Poor kiddo has communication and social issues. Bonus Question: Jax’s most embarrassing moment is when he’s asked/forced to read a message in front of a court, and he can’t, because my little charrie can’t read. Not to mention it’s in front of his friends, and they laugh. He’s mocked about it for a while.

Vyrn: Vyrn would rather talk about it. She’s the type of person that’s easily angered, but she’s also very softhearted and hates holding things in. Talking about it makes her feel better and less stressed. Bonus Question: Vyrn’s most embarrassing moment is when she first becomes a smuggler, and her team is relying on her to keep watch, but she is captured and the whole operation goes up in smoke. Vyrn is forced to watch as the youngest member of their team is beat up by the rival gang, trying to get information out of them. She refuses to speak, and finally the gang lets them go, but the youngest member later dies from internal injuries.

Shadow: Shadow would do anything to not have to relive his most embarrassing moment, including talking about it. He hates being humiliated, because he feels that as a prince, he must be better than everyone else, and if he’s not he won’t live up to his father’s expectations. Bonus Question: Shadow’s most humiliating moment is after Kirin defeats him and injures him, and his father tells him that he is not fit to be and prince, and that he should have died instead of his twin. (Long story.)

*sighs* All my characters have issues. But I love them. They’re my Inkchildren. Now–would your character rather spend time in a cell with the person they most hate, or have someone they love hate them?

Have fun tormenting your poor characters. 😉

~Sarah

INTJ. Writer. Artist. Dreamer. Dragon.

*vader vibes*

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 451 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >