Would all Ohioans please announce their presence?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Would all Ohioans please announce their presence?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 1486

@his-instrument is it in Canton?

Hannah R.
      @his-instrument
        • Total Posts: 229

@winter-rose Yes. It’s near Malone University, if you know where that is.

YA Fantasy Writer
        Obsessive Character Namer
        Find me at hisinstrumentblog.wordpress.com

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

@his-instrument Oh, it’s in Canton? For some reason I thought it was in Deleware. That would be a long drive for me. I might still be able to come, but put me on hold, because I’m not sure anymore.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Hannah R.
          @his-instrument

@daeus I earlier mentioned the distance from Canton to Delaware because I know that some of the people I invited live in Delaware. I’ve done Canton to Delaware and back in a day before, so I knew the distance for that. I looked to see how fare we are from Circleville, where Kate is close to. We’re a little over two hours from Circleville (according to Google Earth).
            If you can make it, that would be great, but if it’s too far a drive, I understand. Ohio is a big state.

YA Fantasy Writer

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 1486

@his-instrument
              Its quite a ways away for me, but I might be able to make it.

Hannah R.
              @his-instrument

@winter-rose I hope you can make it! I’d appreciate it if you and @daeus could just let me know by at least a week before (January 14th) whether or not you’ll be there.

YA Fantasy Writer

Daeus
                @daeus

@his-instrument Well, it looks like I’m not going to be able to come after all. 🙁 I’d love to, but the two hour drive it too much.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Greta
                  @gretald
                    • Total Posts: 450

I’m SO sorry I haven’t responded to this until now @his-instrument! Ahh, I feel so bad. This past semester has been so crazy school-wise…It’s been insane. But that’s no excuse for not responding! I’m really sorry! Anyway, about the writing gathering…unfortunately, I don’t think I can make it. So sorry, and thanks so much for trying to make the date work!

Greta
                    @gretald
                      • Total Posts: 450

Actually, wait…I just looked at the email you sent again @his-instrument. For some reason, I was thinking the Writer’s Gathering was on January 7. However, if it’s on the 21st, I might (just might) be able to make it. It’s about 1 hour and 30 minutes from where I live. Let me ask my mom and I’ll let you know. 😀

Hannah R.
                      @his-instrument

@gretald, I hope you can make it! I have been to Delaware and back in a day, so I know that it’s doable, but that was for a competition. I don’t know whether you drive yourself or not, but if your parents bring you, there is plenty of shopping and restaurants in the Canton area, or they could hang out at LifeWay or sit in on the gathering. And Ingrid is invited, too, if she wants to come. I completely understand if it’s too much of a drive, but I do hope you can come!

YA Fantasy Writer

Levi Pierpont
                        @levipierpont
                          • Total Posts: 19

I’m from Ohio and I go back often, but I now live in Michigan and I like Michigan a lot more. But I’m still a Buckeye!!!

Hannah R.
                          @his-instrument

@levipierpont Congratulations on remaining a true Buckeye despite your state! O-H…

YA Fantasy Writer

Hannah R.
                            @his-instrument

Hello Ohioans (@gretald @ingridrd @daeus @winter-rose @levipierpont),
                              Okay, so I realize y’all in kingdoms (ahem… cities, that is) far far away, but I’m going to put another invitation out here. And I’m even more excited about this than the Writer’s Gathering, so if you can’t make it, I understand, but if you can, EXCELLENT.
                              A group of friends and I have felt a burden for our generation, as many teens and young adults are walking away from Jesus. We believe that young people have an important role in the advancement of Christ’s Kingdom, and that if our generation rises up on fire for Jesus, our spark could ignite an earth-sweeping blaze. But we cannot become excited about Jesus without spending time with Him in prayer and worship.
                              So we started out in our homes, inviting teens and young adults over and spending a couple of hours in prayer and worship. We really saw the hand of God move. The Holy Spirit showed Himself to us in ways many of us had never seen before, and we felt God calling us to share this experience and spread the flame further. So we stepped out in faith and asked First Christian Church in Canton, Ohio if we could use their worship center (seats 2,000) for a worship gathering.
                              It is called Everblaze, and will take place on May 19th from 6:30 to 10:00 p.m. (a time frame which includes fellowship and refreshments). Our God-sized vision is to see First Christian Church filled with young people worshiping our amazing God together. Like I said, that vision is God-sized. It’s going to be really hard to fill 2,000 seats. But it isn’t impossible. We know that God will move no matter how many people are there, but every person there means another person has the opportunity to be a part of this movement, and possibly to experience God in a new way. So I’m inviting all of you. You can find out more details on everblazeworship.wordpress.com. If you can’t come, please invite others. If you can come, please invite others. There’s a downloadable/printable flier on the website. And whether you can come or not, please be in prayer! We are giving this night to God. It is for His glory alone, and our deepest desire is for Him to fill the building and be glorified as He moves in our hearts.
                              Thanks, and I hope you all can make it!

YA Fantasy Writer

Hannah R.
                              @his-instrument

Oops… @kate-flournoy @emma-flournoy, see Ohioans discussion. 🙂 Sorry I didn’t tag you.

YA Fantasy Writer

Daeus
                                @daeus

@his-instrument Wow, that sounds neat. I’m afraid both the distance and the date won’t work for me, but tell us how it goes. Maybe we could start a branch in Columbus… I don’t know, you got me thinking.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >