Would all Ohioans please announce their presence?

Home Page โ€บ Forums โ€บ Fiction Writing โ€บ General Writing Discussions โ€บ Would all Ohioans please announce their presence?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Hannah R.
    @his-instrument
      • Total Posts: 229

So, if you replied to the forum โ€œWhere do you live?โ€ I know whether or not you live in beautiful Ohio. But if you didnโ€™t, I have no idea. Iโ€™m trying to organize a Writersโ€™ Gathering in January, and wanted to invite as many KP people as possible.
      If I invited you to the last gathering, that means I know where you live (that sounded creepy) and you donโ€™t have to reply to this forum unless you feel like bragging about the Buckeyesโ€™ amazing football victory on Saturday. But if you didnโ€™t receive an invitation to the last one, and youโ€™re an Ohioan, I donโ€™t know that. So yeahโ€“ let me know, especially if you are interested in participating in a writersโ€™ gathering.
      To all of the Ohioans reading this, enjoy your last days of autumn and stay warm. ๐Ÿ™‚

YA Fantasy Writer
      Obsessive Character Namer
      Find me at hisinstrumentblog.wordpress.com

Anne of Lothlorien
      @anne-of-lothlorien
        • Total Posts: 440

@Daeus @Daeus @Daeus !!!!! *nudges you until you come out of your writing trance* This is you buddy.

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

@anne-of-lothlorien Oh, yes, thanks. Hannah already knew I was from Ohio though.

๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข

Greta
          @gretald
            • Total Posts: 450

Iโ€™m an Ohioan (and proud), but, of course, you already know that. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@his-instrument

Hannah R.
            @his-instrument

Okay, Ohio people, check your calendars for January 7th. I want to have another Writerโ€™s Gathering, 10-2, at Lifeway Christian Book Store. Nothing is final yetโ€ฆ Iโ€™m still working out the detailsโ€ฆ but let me know if this works for you all. Iโ€™d like to do this before spring semester starts and I lose my mind until May. (Just kidding, I fully intend on keeping all my sanity, but it will be significantly busier for all of us when school picks back up again.) If another Saturday in January works better, let me know. Iโ€™ll see what I can do to arrange this so that everyone can make it.
              Also, if anyone would like to give a brief โ€œinstructionalโ€ period during the gathering, because weโ€™ll have some writers there who probably havenโ€™t spent as much time and effort and thought and blood and sweat and tears on writing as we may have, and they could benefit from a little teaching. Two to three minutes before an exercise would do. Iโ€™d rather not give all the tips and suggestions myself, so if yโ€™all want to collaborate with me on this that would be great.

@gretald
              @ingridrd @daeus @kate-flournoy @emma-flournoy @winter-rose
              Did I miss anybody?

YA Fantasy Writer

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 1486

@his-instrument I just realized I have a family Christmas on the seventh so I wonโ€™t be able to make it. :(::::

Daeus
                @daeus

@his-instrument Ok, looks like I should be able to make it on the seventh. Iโ€™m also available the 21st and 28th and it might be possible I could make it on the 14th, though it would probably have to be in the evening in that case. Iโ€™d be willing to teach something too, though I donโ€™t really know what Iโ€™d do it on.

๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข

Emma Flournoy
                  @emma-flournoy
                    • Total Posts: 1352

@His-Instrument Any schedule complications aside, Iโ€™ll tell you I wonโ€™t be coming. Not really being a writer, that wouldnโ€™t be practical. It sounds like tons of fun though, so have tons of fun!
                    And thanks anyway for the invite. ๐Ÿ™‚

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Emma Flournoy.
                    Kate Flournoy
                    @kate-flournoy
                      • Total Posts: 3976

@His-Instrument thanks for the invite, but Iโ€™m afraid I shall have to decline. ๐Ÿ™ My family owns a cabin-rental business and we clean the cabins ourselves, so itโ€™s kinda difficult to get away from, even one of us, even for a day. Thanks for inviting me though. Enjoy yourselves. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hannah R.
                      @his-instrument

Okay, the room at LifeWay was already booked on January 7th, so I have reserved it for January 21st from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

@daeus
                        , it would be great if you could teach for 2-3 minutes about the importance of using body language in dialogue as a preparation for one of the games or exercises weโ€™ll do. I tried to talk about that at the last gathering, but I ended up just roping one of my friends into an improv skit during which we demonstrated what a conversation looks like when no body language cues are supplied (meaning, we acted out a conflict without using any nonverbal communication).

@kate-flournoy
                        @winter-rose Maybe you could make it on that day?

@gretald
                        @ingridrd

YA Fantasy Writer

Kate Flournoy
                        @kate-flournoy

@His-Instrument I appreciate your flexibility and efforts, but Iโ€™m afraid not. ๐Ÿ™ See, Iโ€™m not driving yet, so one of my parents would have to take the time to drive me, which would take them away from the cabin business and leave the other half of the family to do all the cleaning work themselves, and while Iโ€™m sure we could manage if we had to, Iโ€™d rather not put that burden on them. Thank you though. I hope you guys have a great time. ๐Ÿ˜€

Daeus
                          @daeus

@his-instrument Ok, I think that should work.

Christine Eaton
                            @christi-eaton
                              • Total Posts: 306

The Southern California girl cries silently in the corner, I wish I could go and see all of your beautiful faces. Why do you all have to live so far away???

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Hannah R.
                              @his-instrument

@christi-eaton We should do a Skype or Google Hangouts thing sometime. Or you should just move to beautiful Ohioโ€ฆand enjoy the snow and sub-zero temperatures. ๐Ÿ˜›

@kate-flournoy
                                Just out of curiosity, what city in Ohio do you live in?

@daeus
                                Hope to see you there!

YA Fantasy Writer

Kate Flournoy
                                @kate-flournoy

@His-Instrument ummmโ€ฆ about thirty minutesโ€ฆ east? of Circleville. But our โ€˜travel-zoneโ€™ is usually limited to around an hour either way unless weโ€™re going to do something really special all together, in which case we have to wait for a day with comparatively little cabin-related work, which are few and far between. Also we practically donโ€™t travel AT ALL in winter with guests in the cabins, because our driveway is a nightmare and when thereโ€™s snow on it we actually have to do ferry-service for our guests on our four-wheeler. ๐Ÿ˜›

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >