Wingfeather Saga/Bible Parallels

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions Wingfeather Saga/Bible Parallels

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    EpicAddie2
    @epicaddie2
      • Total Posts: 794

Hey, guys! I just finished reading the Wingfeather Saga last week, and I thought that it would be cool to discuss the parallels between it and the Bible.

**SPOILER ALERT–IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED READING THIS SERIES OR IF YOU HAVEN’T READ THEM DO NOT CONTINUE READING!**

So there’s the Maker, and He is, of course, the Lord.

And Janner. He is Jesus.

I was thinking that the fangs/cloven represent people who have not been saved yet.

Anything else? I haven’t figured out who Leeli is. I kid of have an idea who Kalmar is, but I’m not sure.

Also, I have to mention how similar Janner and I are. I love writing and reading, and I am the oldest sibling. Also, as I was reading I could relate to so many of the things Janner did/thought.
      It’s almost creepy.
      Not to mention that my younger sister (also the middle child) loves art and is a good leader. And I also have a sister who is 3. If I love writing and reading, and if my 10 year old sister loves art, I wonder what my youngest sister will like to do…?
      My family is basically the Wingfeather family of this world.

INFJ ~ 4w5
      aldarley.wordpress.com

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

I am 2/3rds the way through the last book! I will be back!

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

EpicAddie2
        @epicaddie2

That’s right around where it gets really good! I pretty much read nonstop once I got two thirds of the way through😂

INFJ ~ 4w5
          aldarley.wordpress.com

Christine Eaton
          @christi-eaton
            • Total Posts: 306

@epicaddie2 I just past the halfway point of Warden and the Wolf King. So like @daeus I shall also finish it soon and be back to discuss 🙂

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

EpicAddie2
            @epicaddie2

Okay! 😂

INFJ ~ 4w5
              aldarley.wordpress.com

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 95

For those of  you who are still reading it I will say KEEP GOING!!! This series was recommended to me by a friend and I fell head over heels for the Shinning Isles. You just don’t see books with this kind of quality anymore.The Wingfeather Saga is truly a work of art. For me, the meaning of the story didn’t hit me until I read the series for a second time a few months ago.  It is kind of hard to explain with out saying to much but I do apologies for any spoilers so in the words of River Song

“SPOILERS” (smug smirk)

I tend to have a dislike for sad endings, but this one I loved for a different reason this time. When Kalamar howled “it should have been me” I realized Peterson’s true meaning. Jesus. He died in our place when we should have died. The Maker told Kalamar he’d know. In the same way God told Jesus what he had to do. The sadness in the ending is the beauty. The true love the sacrificial love. Peterson was trying to show the fight of good and evil and the hope for a cure that one day we will all have new forms and names.
                I realize now what he really meant. This I think is the first time I’ve read of a death more of a sacrifice that mirrors the cross.
                The truth is hard to hear but so beautiful. Jesus died in my place so I could have a new name.

——-

That was a lot, but I feel that is what we need in books more. The redemptive salvation story. I would love to hear your thoughts and words on this, and again I do apologies if I spoiled it for some of you

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >