Wingfeather Saga

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions Wingfeather Saga

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 230 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 95

for me, the ending was also like Tolkien’s grey havens scene. There was so much beauty in the sadness

Elishavet Pidyon
      @elishavet-pidyon
        • Total Posts: 1013

Hi, everyone! I like the Wingfeather Saga, although it is one of those books I have to find the lessons in or I can’t get much of it/enjoy it.

I also love the ending: the power behind it is mind blowing. There is no doubt in my mind that Janner comes back, (I mean, it’s fiction. The ending is as you like it. [Okay, I know that’s an annoying way to see it]) I also love short lines that carry the implications of whole speeches in a few words. It is hard to write a good resurrection scene too, although I wouldn’t have minded the book ending with his eyes opening and leaving the rest to be imagined. Oh, and the way his death is described it beautiful.

I, uh, also haven’t finished the last book. I read ahead, because I already knew Janner died, and I wanted to read the epilogue. *Grins sheepishly*

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Koshka
        @koshka
          • Total Posts: 1423

I love this series and especially the end. Although I was shocked when I got to it, I love the way it was written.

I wouldn’t want it to end any other way. It was meant to shake you, to make you stop and think.

It’s powerful. It’s a message. It is hope.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Keilah H.
          @keilah-h
            • Total Posts: 3860

I LOVE THIS SERIES!! I read all of them. And yes, Janner’s death was sad, but Andrew Peterson is not going to continue. He says its because he wants people to wonder what happened next so his story will continue and be remembered. (Maybe he likes fanfiction?)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Keilah H..

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Elishavet Pidyon
            @elishavet-pidyon

Update

Ok, I read the rest of the book. Yes, I still love it.

@keilah-h

Maybe he does like fan fiction. All I know is that his series is one of the few that have prompted me to write fan fiction. My twin sister and I wrote a sort of extra epilogue using what we consider foreshadowing in the books. We’re still revising it, but I’m fairly satisfied with it’s import.

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Elishavet Pidyon
              @elishavet-pidyon

*Note* It ends before any romance enters the scene. 😉 XD

Anatra
                @anatra23
                  • Total Posts: 211

OH YES.
                  I am happy this exists.

@elishavet-pidyon
                  @koshka @keilah-h

It is so beautiful.

XD I’ve ruined so many of my favorite books by reading the end when I’m only halfway through ;-; hlp.

I’m glad Andrew Peterson decided to go with putting that ending in the epilogue. It was smart, the perfect way to carry on the story without the twelve-part, five-prequal, two-series-sequel that I wanted. /hj

Koshka
                  @koshka

@anatra23

Oh how many books have I at least confused by reading ahead? Almost every book I read. =|

His books are sooooo good. I hope mine may somehow measure up.*sigh* I would probably have written waayyy to far and ruined it.

Elishavet Pidyon
                    @elishavet-pidyon

@anatra23 @koshka

Wasn’t it? And it’s good to end a series before it gets fizled out. He ends it with “Hey, there’s more coming, it’ll be better than what’s here, but that’s a new epoch. Let’s go and have our own adventures.”

And I love the George MacDonald quote as the epigraph. It’s so perfect.

Plus,(sorry this has been a bit of a ramble) if I were to use one line of dialogue from the book to sum it up it’d be: “Well, that didn’t go like I thought it would.” XD

Elishavet Pidyon
                      @elishavet-pidyon

@keilah-h

Sorry. By the way, if I ever forget to tag someone, don’t hesitate to pop on anyway. I’m still getting used to using the forum.

Elishavet Pidyon
                        @elishavet-pidyon

The question is, if I tag someone am I apparently forcing a response? (Ok, I get timid at times.)

Anatra
                          @anatra23
                            • Total Posts: 211

@koshka

XD You’ll get there.

I was surprised those were his first fictional novels. That’s some Godly inspiration right there.

@elishavet-pidyon

George Macdonald? I don’t recognize that name. Andrew Peterson quotes him?

Elishavet Pidyon
                            @elishavet-pidyon

@anatra23

George MacDonald was a Scottish author in the mid-late 1800s. He wrote some fantasy (The Light Princess for example). His fantasy is unique in its beautiful reflection of Christian morals/themes (it’s in there deep), and he was a major influencer in C. S. Lewis’ work. He also wrote some, what do you call it, in-our-world-fiction (Sir Gibbie, Donlal Grant…) with which he changed the way people viewed Scott’s. Apparently he also wrote poetry, I just haven’t read any (except what other authors have quoted). All his work that I’ve read is amazing. I highly recommend.

The epigraph in Warden and the Wolf King is part of one of his poems.

Elishavet Pidyon
                              @elishavet-pidyon

I dreamed of a song-I heard it sung;

In the ear of my soul its strange notes rung.

What were its words I could not tell,

Only the voice I heard right well,

A voice with a wild melodious cry Reaching and longing afar and high. Sorrowful triumph, and hopeful strife, Gainful death, and new-born life…

-GEORGE MACDONALD,

Koshka
                                @koshka

@anatra23

Exactly!

@elishavet-pidyon

Oh… I love those lines. The shadow of a poet in me shivers in ecstasy. The beauty, the meter, the words all make me explode!

Ok, I’ll be quiet now.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 230 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >