Wingfeather Saga

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions Wingfeather Saga

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 230 total)
  • Author
    Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien
      • Total Posts: 440

IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THESE BOOKS AND HAVE NEVER READ THEM DO NOT READ THIS! I cannot stress that enough. If you haven’t read them, go away, read them, (they’re by Andrew Peterson) and come back when they’re done. Because there will most likely be spoiler alerts this thread, and you DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT want those for Wingfeather. If you haven’t read them, GO AWAY! Sorry if I’m being exclusive, but I really do not want to spoil this for people.

So, I just finished the series, and I loved it. I cried, laughed so hard my stomach hurt, and know a bunch of random facts about it that no one else in my family can remember. So, those who have read it, do you like the fact that Rudrick died or not? And what do you think his main-est theme in all the books is? Sacrifice? Loyalty?

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 68

*bursts through the door* dID I HEAR THE WINGFEATHER SAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
        Oh boy. i love those books so much.

honestly, i’m kind of sad that rudrick died–nia needed to be happy!!! i mean come on!! D:

i think the main theme is actually selflessness. when you think about it, janner really struggles with being selfish (ok so i am janner guys he is me we are the same). in “the dark sea of darkness,” when they find out who they are, he has to grapple with the fact that he’s not the heir to the throne, his little brother is. through all the books he learns to put others before himself, coming to that COMPLETELY UNNEEDED PART AT THE END ANDREW I WILL FIND YOU AND MAKE YOU REWRITE IT

now that you’re finished *slides you $20* would you be interested in reading my fanfic? (in which i /properly/ end it, of course)

Anne of Lothlorien
        @anne-of-lothlorien

Where is it!!!!!! @zoe-wingfeather (Wait. Ha. I just realized your tag!!!!! That’s great!)
          I really need that ending. I was so devastated when Janner died. I was so ready for Kalmar to sacrifice himself, I was ready to cry, we were right at the part where he tells everyone to sing, and then I realized something. Janner had to be the one. It had to be a boy to turn the Fangs back. Not a half-boy half-animal. it struck me so hard I sat upright on the couch and cried ‘No!’ while my family stared at me. And then I heard it. Janner was emptied of life and fell to the ground.
          I couldn’t cry. At all. I tried, I really did, but nothing came. I’m still in shock. I have never felt anything so badly at all, even in real life!!!!!
          RUDRICK AND NIA SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN MARRIED AND HAD A LITTLE GIRL NAMED MADYA AND SARAH COBBLER IS NOW HEARTBROKEN! AUUUUUUUUUUUGGGH! I have seriously thought about emailing Andrew Peterson and asking him whether or not Janner gets healed in his mind, like what he thinks happened.
          My only consolation is that Artham and Alma Rainwater ended up together again. That was so sweet, one of the sweetest love stories I’ve ever heard. I cried when they found each other, and then Artham realized they were flying and spinning in the air.
          WHERE IS YOUR ENDING?

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Anonymous

HERE’S THE LINK TO THE GOOGLE DOC
            https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ACmjZb4GsKDWRadYKYIMxvaJyxN_lE2GJTKSvfZjuoQ/edit?usp=sharing
            it’s probably cringey, i should read over it haha

I KNOW RIIIGGGHHHTTT ARTHAM IS A PRECIOUS CINNIMON BUN WHO SHOULD BE PROTECTED AT ALL COSTS

i cried when janner died and i’m still sad over his death okay like [small sobs]

Anne of Lothlorien
            @anne-of-lothlorien

I like the alternate ending @zoe-wingfeather. Though no offense, I don’t approve of thirteen year olds kissing, even if they are in love and perfect for each other and so sweet. But they should save it for the wedding. But other than that, yes!!!!!!!!!
              Sara and Janner, Kalmar and whatever-her-name-is-that-used-to-be-nuzzard Rudrick and Nia Leevi and Thorn Kelvey and Maraly Artham and Alma. Those are all the should be pair off of Wingfeather.
              Frankle’s cute!
              Lovlies to you if you recognize that.

Anonymous

i recognized it!!!

i actually agree about the kissing–kinda wanna go back over it and make it better. but honestly i was so starved for /some kind of romantic material between those two that i just/ ran away with it xDD

I AGREE ABOUT THE FORMER FANG AND KALMAR OH MY WORD

Anne of Lothlorien
                @anne-of-lothlorien

@zoe-wingfeather What is her name I can’t remember it? It starts with a ‘g’ I think. I’m working on making the ultimate Igiby trivia. (We always call it Igiby, even after we found out it was really Wingfeather) Such as…

What was the building Maraly Weaver jumped from when she tried to help Gammon Felda in Dug town, when he was being chased by the fangs?

What was the name of the girl that Buzzard Willie stole right out from under the nose of Podo Helmar in their young days?

Christine Eaton
                  @christi-eaton
                    • Total Posts: 306

*quietly sneaks in* I love these books, I actually wrote a book review on them, it’s around here somewhere on the website, if you haven’t checked it out, please do. *now sneaks away without reading anything else because I haven’t finished the series and don’t want to read spoilers.*

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Christine Eaton
                    @christi-eaton

Also, may I just say that Andrew Peterson’s music is better than Wingfeather, go ahead, disagree, but it’s just my thought.

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Christine Eaton
                      @christi-eaton

Okay, so I keep sneaking back in, but I have something else to add. Are you two familiar with Peterson’s recent Kickstarter? If not, you will be mighty happy as the Wingfeather Animated Tales are coming smoothly underway, seriously, the poster is awesome. wingfeather

Greta
                        @gretald
                          • Total Posts: 450

@zoe-wingfeather @anne-of-lothlorien @christi-eaton
                          YES, THE WINGFEATHER SAGA!!!!!!!!! Janner’s death is so moving but so, so, SO devastating. I actually (*ahem*) read ahead by accident (it’s a bad habit) and found out that Janner died, but even knowing beforehand didn’t prepare me for it. I cried so hard. Janner comes back, right? I mean, he has to. I wish The Warden and the Wolf King finished the story and showed whether Janner comes back or not.

Anne of Lothlorien
                          @anne-of-lothlorien

@gretald You should read the alternate ending zoe wrote. Link further up on page.

@christi-eaton
                            I have heard that!!!!! I’m excited! But please tell me the fat guy with the two black patches on his eyes in not Podo? Please? I like the other characters, but that Podo is horrible!

Anonymous
                              • Total Posts: 95

@anne-of-lothlorien, @zoe-wingfeather, @christi-eaton, @gretald

YAY! I found a wing-ibby thread! I will wholeheartedly agree! I love these books as much as I love LOTR. I was so enchanted by the story, the characters, the fights, the jokes, the challenges…I feel so much like Janner. I too though was devastated at the end of the saga when Janner died and wanted to rewrite the ending but the second time I read it I realized what the ending truly means. Below is the way I described it to another wingfeather friend of mine.

“I just finished reading wolf king again. Jannar’s death has me sobbing. For a different reason this time. when kal howled “it should have been me” I realized Peterson’s true meaning. Jesus. He died in our place when we should have died. The maker told kal he’d know. In the same way God told Jesus what he had to do. The sadness in the ending is the beauty. The true love the sacrificial love. Peterson was trying to show the fight of good and evil and the hope for a cure that one day we will all have new forms and names.
                              I realize now what he really meant. This I think is the first time I’ve read of a death more of a sacrifice that mirrors the cross.
                              I’m sobbing because I realize how much it means. The truth is hard to hear but so beautiful. Jesus died in my place so I could have a new name. MY NAME IS CHILD OF GOD AND I AM LOVED.”

Anonymous

I definitely picked up on that allegory as well, @inkling-for-christ. I really didn’t like the abrupt ending, though. I wish he had finished it in a more final way. That ending scene stands as the first time I cried while reading. I identify to Janner so much it hurts [sobbing]

Anonymous
                                  • Total Posts: 155

I’m gonna like, LIVE in this thread for a while. Wingfeather Saga is my favorite book series of all time, but only one other person I know has read the entire series and he still like LotR better. *scowls*

Honestly, I loved the ending. Please no one hit me. It’s funny, there never really was any doubt in my mind that Janner was healed…but maybe that’s just me. Oh, and @anne-of-lothlorien, if you hadn’t already found it, the former fang girl’s name is Galya.

Love this thread!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 230 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >