Wingfeather Saga Fandom SPOILERS (Also, endings again)

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Wingfeather Saga Fandom SPOILERS (Also, endings again)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Hope Ann
    @hope
      • Total Posts: 1092

So…a place to talk about the Wingfeather Saga. Mainly it’s ending. @zoe-wingfeather 😉

I thought the ending was good, I just wish there had been an epilogue so that we could have really found out what happened instead of just being left with the hints of what probably did happen.

What do you guys think about endings that just imply what happens but don’t show it?

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

I like them if they force me to think. Otherwise they just annoy me.

Greta
        @gretald
          • Total Posts: 450

@Hope It depends on how much is implied and what is being implied. The end of The Giver was implied, but I liked it because the author left it open enough for the reader to decide what happened.

Hope Ann
          @hope

@gretald See, I wish there’d been an extra line or two to the Giver, to tell me it was real and not just his imagination…even though I am pretty sure it is real. When I read stories, I want to read to the very end, not be left with an implied happy ending but not knowing for sure if the MC gets better or stays dead, for example. 😉

Greta
            @gretald

@Hope Yeah, I see what you mean.
              I just finished the Wingfeather Saga (@zoe-wingfeather). It. Was. Amazing. As for the ending, I thought it was really powerful and moving, even though…*sobs* And I agree with what you all have been saying about the ending. I wish Andrew Peterson had added a little more to the end so that the reader could find out if the MC gets better or…stays dead.
              Did anyone else cry? I did (and I don’t cry a lot). It was so moving…

Hope Ann
              @hope

@gretald I cried; I cry at very few books, but the end of the Wingfeather Saga was one of them. ;(

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 68

i cried. oh, i cried.
                  janner is me. i am janner. *sobbing*

if anyone is interested, here is the link to my fanfic…MAJOR SPOILERS @gretald THIS MEANS YOU DO NOT READ IT IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETELY FINISHED THE WARDEN AND THE WOLF KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that being said….
                  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ACmjZb4GsKDWRadYKYIMxvaJyxN_lE2GJTKSvfZjuoQ/edit?usp=sharing

feedback is appreciated.
                  i got the feels reading this again…omw. XD

Anonymous

whoops, greta has finished it. just noticed that. ignore me if you please. XD

Anonymous
                      • Total Posts: 1486

I’m a bit late to the conversation, but since we are all cofessing, I cried as well. Did anyone see the ending coming though? I sort of suspected, but I didn’t think Andrew Peterson was going to do it! I also agree with the general consensus that the prologue should have explained what happened. It felt incomplete.
                      Question for everyone: What’s your favorite book in the series? I like the second one.

Greta
                      @gretald

@Hope I KNOW! I don’t cry when reading books or watching movies much at all. But I was bawling at the end of Wingfeather Saga. :'(
                        @zoe-wingfeather JANNER WAS THE BEST CHARACTER EVER!!! *sobs*
                        @winter-rose Hmm, I don’t know. I think I liked the second book, too, because I loved the Fork Factory part.

Anonymous

@gretald I CRIED SO HAAARRRRRDDDDDDDDDD

@winter-rose idk which is my favorite…i suppose it would have to be the warden and the wolf king, because we have Janner’s ultimate sacrifice at the end…*LOUD SOBBING*
                          i love him because literally, if you took him out of the books and put me in there instead, it wouldn’t change at all.

anyone read my thing?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        >