Why do you write?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    The Happy Bookaholic
    @the-happy-bookaholic
      • Total Posts: 61

Tape worms – their so discriminated against. Write for the tapeworms!

@Daeus
      Look me in the eyes and tell me that that was your computer changing what you typed. Can’t? Well let me tell you that it’s *they’re.

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

*Tries to look you in the eyes* Hmm, not working.

I honestly don’t know what happened there. I typed everything out and it looked good. Then I hit submit and it stopped looking good. Beware the submit button!

Yes, it was mean’t to be they’re.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Hope Ann
        @hope
          • Total Posts: 1092

Don’t know…it’s very inconvenient at times but I can’t help it. 😉 But I’ve too many stories in my head to ignore. And I also want to write inspiring fiction for young Christian adults…books like the ones I looked for and couldn’t find when I was younger.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976

@writefury— yes! Absolutely! The people inside my head are too awesome to ignore. 😀

@Hope
            — I also write because I have difficulty finding the kind of stuff I want to read. What better solution?

@the-happy-bookaholic
            — thought you’d like to know, Sarah, that knowing you’re on this forum has more than once made me triple proofread my posts for correct English. I don’t usually have a problem with that, but you never know… 🙂

The Happy Bookaholic
            @the-happy-bookaholic

@Kate I’d like to know how you make those em-dashes. And yes, what you said made me very happy because that’s my point. I need people to use proper English. I might become the most annoying person in the world but at least I would have had corrected people. Sigh I guess it’s part of me.

@Daues you’re forgiven. (But don’t do it again!!!)

Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy
                • Total Posts: 3976

@the-happy-bookaholic— the em dashes are done using three little dashes— 1- 2- 3-. They will look separate when you type them, but when you hit the dangerous ‘submit’ they will fuse and make those lovely little lines.
                Also…

at least I would have had corrected people.

Did you mean ‘At least I would have corrected people’?

Daeus
                @daeus

I was thinking “will have corrected people”. Is that a British thing?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Daeus
                  @daeus

With writing, you can edit your words before you publish them.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

The Happy Bookaholic
                    @the-happy-bookaholic

@Daeus @Kate…hmm…actually you know what? I’m quite sure that what I said was correct; but I don’t have a legitimate answer to why either of your ‘corrections’ might be wrong. That sometimes happens.

Oh…to actually contribute something relevant to this thread, here goes. I write because I think that my writing is actually a lot better than all the trash out there nowadays, and also because I think that I have the potential to make a difference to the world through my writing.

(And I’ll have to try using the em-dash soon)

Tatiana
                      @belegteleri
                        • Total Posts: 97

Writing: because going completely insane is not something I relish; because it gives me an excuse to indulge in flights of fancy without being called mentally crazy; because I’ll never fight orcs or armies of evil dwarves in real life; because the Truth needs to be hear everywhere; because I care, maybe too much; because God has given me a gift and a platform to speak from; because my imagination, this that you call craziness, was implanted in me from the beginning by the most Creative of them all; because not using my gift would be a waste; because God, the Master Storyteller, has something to tell you, and I’m the one He’s telling it through.

Faith Kindred
                        @faithdk
                          • Total Posts: 139

Because writing is a way I can pour out my ideas (and dreams, feelings, expectations…) and turn them into something that others would want to hear.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        >