Why do you write?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    pickupyourpenandwrite
    @pickupyourpenandwrite
      • Total Posts: 37

Hi guys!

It doesn’t take a lot to gather that everyone here is either crazy or semi-crazy about writing. I thought though that it would be cool to discuss why we write and any testimonies of God in our writing life here.

"Come out from them and be separate says the Lord." 2 Corinthians 6:17

Elizabeth
      @that_writer_girl_99
        • Total Posts: 1819

Yo.

So…the reason I write has, inevitably, changed as I’ve grown up. At first, I wrote stories because it was fun. I was a creative kid, and I enjoyed writing because it allowed me to pursue my fun, crafty side. As I got older, however, I started to realize just how much writing meant to me, and I started to dream about pursuing it as a career.

Now, I’m almost nineteen, and…writing is hard. I still love it, but there are some days that I just don’t feel like putting in the effort. The desire is still there, but the physical motivation it takes to actually write is…nonexistent, at the moment. That being said, I also have a lot going on, so even just finding the time is difficult. I’ll pull through, though, and this story God has set in my heart will be finished one day. Of that, I’m certain.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Skredder
        @skredder
          • Total Posts: 527

When I first started writing it was because I had an idea of something that I wanted to read and no one had written it. So, it was kind of a selfish reason I first started writing.

Now though, after getting closer to the Lord, I just really want to write for him. I want to show other people what He is like, how wonderful He is!

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Snapper
          @dragon-snapper
            • Total Posts: 3515

@pickupyourpenandwrite How funny! I just posted about this this morning on my blog. XD
            Why I Write

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Sam Kowal
            @sam-kowal
              • Total Posts: 635

@pickupyourpenandwrite

Good idea 🙂

I write for a lot of reasons. It’s something I really enjoy, and I like creating stories. I started because I was inspired by other stories, and I thought… I want to do this. I want to create amazing worlds and powerful characters.

My mind is always thinking about story-related things. I write because I want to tell the stories inside of me, I want to explore the thoughts inside of me, and I want to impact people and glorify God with my writing.

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
              Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

pickupyourpenandwrite
              @pickupyourpenandwrite

@dragon-snapper

I’ve checked out the article and I really like it especially the part about you wanting to write clean books because I feel that way too 😀

Ariella Newheart
                @ariella-newheart
                  • Total Posts: 141

Writing is a way I express my thoughts, as weird as that sounds. I’m not good at conveying my thoughts out loud, but when I write, my characters are able to say things that I never could. I also love to write stories of faith and hope to point readers to Jesus. 🙂

INFJ. An extroverted introvert who loves to write and draw.

*disappears into the shadows*

Ingrid
                  @ingridrd
                    • Total Posts: 830

@pickupyourpenandwrite

I write for two reasons.  1) Because I believe the Lord can work through words and that the words we speak and write have power.  2) I write because I have to.  What else would I do with all these insane, lovely ideas swirling around in this head of mine?  Not that ideas are a burden buuut…*glares at all my WIPs*

Anyway, that’s why I do it.  🙂

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Jenna Terese
                    @jenwriter17
                      • Total Posts: 2522

@pickupyourpenandwrite This is a great topic! I see no one’s commented on it in several days, but I thought I’d pick it up again and tag s’more people so they know this is here 😉 @jane-maree @dekreel  @daeus @aratrea @the-real-kapeefer @warrenluther04 @seekjustice @claire-c

I write because 1) I just love to! I couldn’t not write 2) I want to help create more clean Christian fiction that is well written. That’s how I came across Kingdom Pen *squeals with happiness* I want my writing to glorify God in every word. 😊

Why do you write PUYPAW? (yes, I just shortened your tag 😜)

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                      www.jennaterese.com

pickupyourpenandwrite
                      @pickupyourpenandwrite

@jenwriter17

PUYPAW- that’s cool and kinda why I started writing. I mean I’ve always done it as a younger person and enjoyed it but the rest of the story is really weird but inspiring. I was having a bad day a couple of years ago because I had seen lots of sin and pain at school. Walking home I felt really sad and asked God what was going on. “There’s so much pain in the world!” I basically said.

And He said… “So pick up your pen and write.”

Jenna Terese
                        @jenwriter17
                          • Total Posts: 2522

@pickupyourpenandwrite That’s a beautiful story on how you started writing 🙂 It’s so cool how God can speak to us right on the spot when we need answers.

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                          www.jennaterese.com

EpicAddie2
                          @epicaddie2
                            • Total Posts: 794

I write because it’s how I express myself. Some people express themselves through art, dancing, singing, etc, but I use written words (usually not spoken ones 😉 ). I also write because I love doing it, and I feel like it’s what God called me to do.

INFJ ~ 4w5
                            aldarley.wordpress.com

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          >