Where do you live?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Where do you live?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 249 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

Australia is a monarchy???? I know nothing obviously.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Rosey Mucklestone
      @writefury
        • Total Posts: 467

Waaaaw… I’ve learned quite a bit scrolling through this topic.
        See if I can’t add some facts of my own. Western Washington exclusive, mostly.
        .We have rain all the time. But barely anyone uses umbrellas.
        .Our beaches are rocks and driftwood.
        .Coffee stands everywhere.
        .And organic kombucha and kale.

I’ll probably think of some good US facts later. I shall return. 😛

Daeus
        @daeus

Kale: a little secret. Slice kale up and add champagne vinaigrette and you just made the best salad in the whole wide world.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Rosey Mucklestone
          @writefury
            • Total Posts: 467

Kale: Another little secret. I’ve had it in smoothies. I’ve also seen it in baked goods and countless other things.

Jada Morrison
            @jadamae
              • Total Posts: 199

I live in the beautiful state of Pennsylvania. I am surrounded my Amish (Pa has the highest amish population in the world) and cornfields. 🙂 As far as facts….
              “The Philadephia Eagles and the Pittsburgh Steelers merged to form the Steagles for one season in 1943. The teams merged because both lost so many players to military service during WWII.”
              “Nearly 100 acres of pizza is served in the USA every day”

Greta
              @gretald
                • Total Posts: 450

Another Ohioan here. Can I just say that Ohio is the most underrated state in the US? It’s really a very pretty state, and I love here. 🙂

Okay, stuff about the US…hmm…
                -Trump’s probably going to win the Republican nomination. Sadly. Very Sadly.
                -Hillary’s going to win the Democratic nomination. Again, sadly.
                -I wish I could vote, but I’m not eighteen yet. Sadly. XD
                -The Grand Canyon is amazing! We went there last summer. It’s beautiful.
                -The Statue of Liberty was given to us by France (the original is in France, I believe).
                -The Supreme Court has the power to “judicially review” laws made by Congress. This is not actually a Constitutional right; the judges at one point pretty much decided they should have this power, and no one stopped them.
                -The Supreme Court is waaaaayyyy to powerful.
                -The Constitution protects the people’s right to bear arms, but in many states, you have to have a permit or take a class or something…

Ok, that’s my political rant. XD Sorry, I get a little worked up when it comes to politics. 😛

Daeus
                @daeus

Duh, what am I thinking. We’re building the ark! That’s what’s cool about America.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Daeus
                  @daeus

Chill Greta, fretting goes nowhere.

Now if Rubio would drop out, that might flip things right around. Of course, that’s in God’s hands.

As far as I know, you can own a gun in any state without a license, there are just restrictions to where and how you can carry them unless you have a license. That and machine guns are almost impossible to get 🙁 Second amendment violation alert.

Another cool Amerifact:
                    .We have O’Henry as an author. (Bestistest short story writer)

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Hope Ann
                    @hope
                      • Total Posts: 1092

The Ark, yes @Daeus! And we have a Creation Museum…has anyone been there? I have, twice.

Anyhow, I live in Indiana, otherwise known as the crossroads of America. And yes, lots of corn and soy beans. And some winter wheat; that’s cool to watch grow in the spring.

But @kate-flournoy…no American authors? What about Mark Twain (some of the time), Serena Chase, or umm, *clears throat at Grimina’s insistence* even lesser known authors who like retelling fairy tales?

Cool facts:

Indiana is a wonderful state to live in; hardly any home school laws and it’s pretty quick to get a concealed carry handgun license. Sure you have to be fingerprinted and stuff, but compared to some other states it’s a breeze.

During the American Revolution there was a really cool soldier named Francis Marion, also known as the Swamp Fox, who fought against the British guerrilla style.

Our second legislative house, the Senate, is made up of two elected officials from every state. They were originally chosen by the state legislatures, but are now, unfortunately, chosen directly by the people.

And the state of politics and this nation in general tends to leave me depressed. Especially with the way the primaries are going.

Also, American’s don’t swear all the time though that’s a stereotype I’ve seen in some TV shows. 😉 We drink coffee, our Once Upon A Time show and Grimm, are good even though they don’t rival BBC. We do enjoy bluntness, and we do like guns and free speech and freedom in general.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Daeus
                      @daeus

The creation museum is great. I’ve been there probably like 17 times or something. Did you hear they’re going to be expanding it? ICR’s also opening their own creation museum down in texas.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Greta
                        @gretald

@Daeus, true, true. Sorry. 🙂 Okay, I’ll stop now. I just need to give it back to God.

All that being said, I’m proud to be an American, and America is truly a wonderful place to live. 😀

Daeus
                          @daeus

Especially if you’re an Ohioan. Say, where are you in Ohio?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Greta
                            @gretald

Near Columbus (north of Delaware). What about you? @Daeus

Daeus
                              @daeus

No way. I live in the very northern tip of London pretty near grove city. I’ve got friends in and around Delaware.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
                                @kate-flournoy
                                  • Total Posts: 3976

@Gretald

-Trump’s probably going to win the Republican nomination. Sadly. Very Sadly.

Hm… you just may be surprised. Obviously nothing’s certain, but I’ve a gut feeling you just may be surprised.

@Daeus

Now if Rubio would drop out, that might flip things right around.

I cannot tell you how much I wish he would drop out— and Carson as well. It makes me so frustrated that Rubio gets all the positive attention from the GOP (Grand Old Party, @bluejay, which is the Republican party) and Cruz is pretty much just ignored… and then I have to remind myself that it’s not the end of the world and that thank goodness it doesn’t rest in my hands. You know, it really is a very great thing to serve an omnipotent God.

*pause of several seconds*…

Okay, I just gotta say it right now— Ted Cruz 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                  Now that that’s out of the way…

No @Daeus, I don’t think I’ve ever taken a personality test, and I’m not sure I’d want to now that you tell me I am one percent over my full quota of percentage… *shivers* I always thought I was ‘not all there’, not ‘more there than I should be’! 😉

I live in the southern bit of Ohio about forty minutes from Chillicothe— in the Hocking Hills, if that means anything to anyone… 🙂

And yes, I totally forgot, we’re building the Ark! What could be more cool than that!!!!!?

And yes @Hope, I have been to the Creation Museum too many times to count— that place is AWESOME!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >