Where do you live?

Home Page β€Ί Forums β€Ί Fiction Writing β€Ί General Writing Discussions β€Ί Where do you live?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 249 total)
  • Author
    BlueJay
    @bluejay
      • Total Posts: 1622

@warrioroftherealm Welcome to the topic. Idaho! That’s great. πŸ˜€

@daeus
      I envy you. I’ve always wanted to look like a movie star!!!!!!!

Rolena Hatfield
      @rolena-hatfield
        • Total Posts: 405

@gretald *falls on knees and begs pardon for the very delayed reply* Favorite musical… *taps chin* What a very difficult question! I just might have to say Cinderella (for now πŸ™‚ ) I just saw the traveling Broadway version and absolutely loved it. It definitely competed for my former favorite, Beauty and the Beast. Runner up is Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.

@warrioroftherealm
        Oh Idaho!!! I lived there for two years of my life and grew up visiting the mountains at the very tippy-top of the state. You can proudly say that you own the most amazing waterfalls in the States.

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Hannah Carmichael
        @watersnail
          • Total Posts: 14

I live in Indiana! Everyone’s saying they live in the best state. I’ve only ever lived in two so I guess I’m not the best judge of things, but I have to say Indiana is pretty great. I love it here. (I am never moving back to Florida ever.)
          With all the pages here I don’t really have the time to read it all, but skimming through a few, it’s really cool to see how wide spread some of you are. (I almost said β€œHow wide spread you KPers are.” But I’m not sure that’s the right term. @hislittlerose What do you call people on this forum??? XD )

BlueJay
          @bluejay

@daeus I don’t know if you’re still up, but can you give me a few choices of towns in Ohio. A city or two would be good too, but make sure I know which is which. Ta.

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy
              • Total Posts: 3976

Columbus, city. Laurelville, town. Chillicothe, city. Dayton, city. Cincinnati, city. Adelphi, town.

Good enough? Yes, I am going to bed… just transferring tonight’s work to my thumb drive first. πŸ˜‰

@bluejay

BlueJay
              @bluejay

Thanks. πŸ˜€

Daeus
                @daeus
                  • Total Posts: 4238

@bluejay Cities: Akron, London, Columbus, Dayton, Cincinnati, Newark, Sandusky

Towns: (I’m hoping I get you right. You mean like city districts or large rural communities?) Centerburg, Upper Arlington, Washington courthouse, Dublin.

Does that help?

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

BlueJay
                  @bluejay

Alright this is great. Now let’s see if I can get across another request. If I was to choose Centerburg which city is the closet to it? Which city is about 3 hours away?
                    You may/may not be able to do the 3 hour one, but if you can give me a an estimated time that would be great.

(And in case you’re wondering, Ohio is the setting for my next short story. πŸ™‚ )

And if I have a preference in cities it would be Cincinnati. Which town is the closest? πŸ˜€

@daeus

Daeus
                    @daeus

Centerburg is literally in the very smack dab center of Ohio. Cincinnati would probably be 3hrs away from it or so and Columbus would be the closest.

Of the towns I mentioned, Washington courthouse is probably the closest to Cincinnati, but still very far away. Kate might know better about towns near Cincinnati. I think she’s closer.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

BlueJay
                      @bluejay

Wonderful. Thank you so much.

BlueJay
                        @bluejay

Ok, people living in Indiana (@faithdk, @hope, @hislittlerose)
                          I’m needing a city in Indiana that is close to the border of Ohio. Plus I need a street name in that city too. It is a setting in my story and I won’t it to actually exist. Other people who live in that state (yourselves for example) will never read my story it is so bad. Also do you guys have zip codes or postcodes. Can you give me the one for the city/s that you list.
                          i.e.
                          Traralgon is 3844
                          Morwell is 3840
                          (Two towns in Australia) πŸ˜›
                          I would really appreciate it.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by BlueJay.
                          Daeus
                          @daeus

@bluejay You can kind of visit it by using the street view feature on google maps.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Hope Ann
                            @hope
                              • Total Posts: 1092

@bluejay I live about an hour from the border…what is close? Edgerton, IN is right smack on the border. It’s zipcode is 46797. There is a main street, center street, railroad street, Dawkins road, Bertha street, a church, and not much else. πŸ˜‰

You can get city names and zipcodes and all that with Googlemaps.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

BlueJay
                              @bluejay

Thanks @hope. Yep. That will work really well. I appreciate it.

Faith Kindred
                                @faithdk
                                  • Total Posts: 139

@bluejay, one Indiana city bordering Ohio is Union City, and it’s actually pretty interesting because it is split between the two states (which is why it’s called β€œUnion” City). Thus you have Union City, OH and Union City, IN. πŸ˜€ Its zip code is 47390. Some of its street names include: Ball Park Rd, Beverly Dr, Boggs Ave, Cadwallader St, and North Plum St. (Does that give you enough street names to go off of? πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰ )
                                  Also, State Road 32 runs right through the city, I believe.
                                  Aw, I’m sure your story isn’t bad! In fact, I think it’s awesome that you’ve picked Indiana as a setting! I’d love to read your story when it’s finished. Coming from you, I’m sure it’s great. πŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 249 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >