What You Think of When You Hear the Word "Texas"

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions What You Think of When You Hear the Word "Texas"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 859

Hey Everyone! So I’m kinda working on a story, and I need some information from everyone who cares to apply. What do you think of when you hear the word “Texas”? @kate-flournoy @kina-lamb @ethryndal @seekjustice @graciegirl @that_writer_girl_99 @everyone-else

PS For those of you who might know that I am a staunch Texan, don’t be afraid to speak your mind. I’m used to having my favorite state abused *sniff*. JK! ; )

Elizabeth
      @that_writer_girl_99
        • Total Posts: 1819

I’ve only been to Texas once, but I have great memories there! It’s such a fun place.

When I think of Texas, I think of cowboys–probably the biggest stereotype of them all, but there it is. I also think of food, like burgers or barbecue. *shrugs* not sure if this helps?

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Snapper
        @dragon-snapper
          • Total Posts: 3515

@shannon Hi!
          When I think Texas, I think of a desert, then for some reason, the Rocky Mountains. (really not sure why.) Then I think of a giant star in a city, because of the Cowboys (the football team).

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Anonymous

Thanks that_writer_girl_99. That is really helpful. As a Texan myself, it is kind of difficult for me to look at Texas from a “non-texan” point of view, so this is really great.

Anonymous

@dragon-snapper First, I don’t think I have met you yet, famed author of the Legends of King Daeus 1 and 2. *solemnly shakes your hand, claw or whatever dragons call it* ; )

Desert. I knew someone would come up with that. I haven’t even been to that part of Texas before! I didn’t think of the Cowboys though, because my family doesn’t really follow football. Thanks so much!

The Impossible Girl
              @f5a8c3e92
                • Total Posts: 146

Um… I think of ‘that big state thingamajig with all the cowboys in that place called America.’ Don’t Texans also say “y’all” a lot?
                Hello everyone, I have somewhat returned from the dead. However, I still won’t be able to be on her much because it’s term three of grade 11. Sometimes I wonder how nice it would be to stay in grade 11 forever, then I remember how much work I have to do for school and… nope. I need to get out of here!

"Not all who wander are lost."
                Wild Australian. INXJ.

NC Stokes
                @daughteroftheking
                  • Total Posts: 1156

@Shannon Hey there! I don’t think I’ve met you before, so, hi! *shakes your hand vigorously* I LOVE Texas! When I think of it, I usually picture Six Flags, those big oil drill thingies (I don’t know what they’re called, but they are EVERYWHERE in west Texas.), cows, and GREEN GREEN GREEN. There isn’t much green where I live, so I am always blown away by how green Texas is when I visit. Oh, and cicadas. Can’t forget the cicadas. 😛

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Elizabeth
                  @that_writer_girl_99
                    • Total Posts: 1819

@f5a8c3e92 My dear, dear Impossible Girl, where have you been?

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

The Impossible Girl
                    @f5a8c3e92

@that_writer_girl_99 School, school and more school. I’ve barely had time to write and almost forgot this place, to be honest. But I have returned! Term 3 is always the busiest of the year. Term 4 should be smooth sailing after this. Will attempt to do a speech for school captain, go through a few more exams and assignments, then after that, my final year of school. 😛

Wild Australian. INXJ.

Anonymous

@f5a8c3e92 Thanks for you help. Yes we say y’all a lot here. My mom said to my dad the other day “Did you ever think that you would have a daughter who says y’all?” You see, my dad is from North Dakota, and my mom is from Mississippi.

@daughteroftheking
                        It’s nice to meet you! *swings sore arm after such a vigorous handshake* Where are you from? I have never been to Six Flags, but it just so happens that it is about half an hour from my house. Yes, oil drills are everywhere. The only thing I’m confused about is the green. *looks out the window contemplating the landscape* Well, I guess you could say it is green. ; ) Thanks for the input!

Anonymous

Oh, @f5a8c3e92 congratulations on your resurrection.

The Impossible Girl
                          @f5a8c3e92

@Shannon Thank you kindly. It feels good to be alive. 🙂
                            I’m an Aussie, so y’all is never said here. I’ve heard it in films, etc. but wasn’t sure if it was legitimate or otherwise.
                            It’s currently 3:41am. I have no clue why I’m awake. Went to bed early, then woke up really early. XD

Wild Australian. INXJ.

Anonymous

@f5a8c3e92 Oh wow, 3:41 is really early. I was wondering about the time. Anyone in Australia isn’t usually around here at this time of day.

Yes. “y’all” is legit. (take it from a Texan)

Anne of Lothlorien
                              @anne-of-lothlorien
                                • Total Posts: 440

@shannon I think of Six Flags, since I’ve always wanted to go there, the Dallas Cowboys, cause my brothers love football, and then cattle drives, for some reason, and drovers singing cow-lullabies.

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Anonymous

@anne-of-lothlorien Thanks for your info. I’ve never heard a cow-lullaby. They must be interesting. ; )

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 93 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >