What Is Your Favourite Tool To Use As A Writer?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions What Is Your Favourite Tool To Use As A Writer?

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

It also has a nice distraction-free writing mode which can be helpful at times.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Josiah DeGraaf
      @aratrea
        • Total Posts: 717

@emily-d I actually got the privilege to be one of the beta testers of Weiland’s outlining program, and I really liked it. Helped me a good bit in working to outline one of my own books.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Kylie
        @kballen
          • Total Posts: 65

@emily-d My favorite tools would have to be my notebook, computer,K.M Weiland, and my little sisters. I listen in when they play their fantasy games and it gives me some good ideas *winks*

Harry Potter forever!!!!

Emerald Flyer
          @emerald-flyer
            • Total Posts: 33

Besides KP, I use the dictionary/thesaurus/wikipedia on my computer a lot! I did have scrivener for a short period, but then the computer I was using got replaced and now I’m trying to figure out how to update my laptop enough to get it on here.
            Fantasynamegenerators.com is super helpful. I usually don’t like taking fantasy names that either don’t have a meaning or aren’t my idea, but it’s good for inspiration.
            Also baby naming websites have saved me a lot of time.

For inspiration, I find for me that there’s nothing better than sitting in the back seat of a car and listening to music while staring out the window. I get super excited when my family goes on an hour+ car ride.

*looks back at huge rant…post*

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 1330

@emily-d I’ve never used it. I’ve never used any courses or anything (other than what my mom sometimes gives me for school ;)).

Ingrid
              @ingridrd
                • Total Posts: 830

@emily-d One of my favorite writing tools would have to be The Emotions Thesaurus that some people already mentioned. 🙂 And also baby names books/name generator websites.

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Grace H.
                @gh24682468999
                  • Total Posts: 199

@emily-d I use thesaurus.com regularly. I also use music — not for inspiration, but songs that I’ve already heard a lot and am familiar with. It helps to block out background noise/talking, but since I’ve already heard them a million times, I can focus on my writing instead of the dynamics of the music.

ALSO @emily-d @mariposa I grew up listening to Britt Nicole, and I really like her song “You”. It’s one of her more obscure songs but I think it has a great meaning.

It's g-h, 2-4-6-8 twice, three 9's
                  literatureforthelight.wordpress.com

Emily D
                  @emily-d
                    • Total Posts: 168

Hey @gh24682488999 ! Thanks for replying, I’ll remember that idea. 🙂 Yes, Britt Nicole is great, isn’t she? I’ll have to check out that song. Have you listened to any of the songs from her newest album?

I tell my story. Not so that I get glory, but so that others may know Hope.

Emily D
                    @emily-d
                      • Total Posts: 168

Oops! @gh2468246899 Please see above 🙂

I tell my story. Not so that I get glory, but so that others may know Hope.

Grace H.
                      @gh24682468999
                        • Total Posts: 199

@emily-d, No problem! And no, I haven’t. I am pretty inconsistent at following musicians, and the songs I listen to are usually by random artists but happen to be ones that I like.

It's g-h, 2-4-6-8 twice, three 9's
                        literatureforthelight.wordpress.com

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      >