What Is Your Favourite Tool To Use As A Writer?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions What Is Your Favourite Tool To Use As A Writer?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Emily D
    @emily-d
      • Total Posts: 168

Wow thanks everyone for all your super helpful replies!

@daeus
      Haha yeah Macs are the best. Ever.

@aratrea
      @ethryndal Hmm, I might have to check that one out. It sounds great! @kate-flournoy LOL yes that is a big favourite with me too. And friends’ brains can be helpful @perfectfifths

@mariposa
      Great minds think alike! 😛

@that_writer_girl_99
      Microsoft Word…*sighs happily, drifts off into dreams of typing endlessly…*

@dragon-snapper
      @emily @epicaddie2 @kate-flournoy Perhaps I should try that. I mostly listen to Christian pop and sadly I have found that as awesome as funky guitar solos and bass drums are, they’re not always too conducive to creativity-unless through dancing…:P Classical might work. I’ve heard that that’s great for creativity or something…

@epicaddie2
      @salome01w4g Yes, I find names quite inspiring too, so I’ll have to try that one.

@seekjustice
      Cool! Thanks I’ll check it out!

@kate-flournoy
      This question probably wasn’t asked of me, but I’ll throw out an answer. I really like the Newsboys. I’ve got a couple of songs from For King & Country that I love. And I like quite a bit of Britt Nicole’s music. 🙂 Do you like any of those?

I tell my story. Not so that I get glory, but so that others may know Hope.

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 1330

@emily-d Yeah, to me, there’s nothing better 😉

Mariposa Aristeo
        @mariposa
          • Total Posts: 335

@emily-d Britt Nicole is one of my favorite music artists! What are your favorite songs of hers? I like Newsboys also. Have you ever listened to any of Mandisa’s songs?

Emily D
          @emily-d

@mariposa Wow! I love some of the songs from her newest (2016) album…my favourite of her sons are probably Gold, Amazing Life, Through Your Eyes, Heart of Stone (I’ll probably think of way more later when I’ve left the keyboard. *sighs*) and I also really enjoyed Heart of Stone. I like the Newsboys more though to be honest. I love their album called Restart. And I actually own one of Mandisa’s sons: Born For This. I also like Overcomer. What are some of your favourites?

Emily D
            @emily-d

@mariposa ARGH I can’t believe this..I just italicised almost everything that I didn’t want to italicise. Drat. Sorry for any confusion 🙁

Reagan Ramm
              @reaganramm
                • Total Posts: 110

Definitely Scrivener, Evernote, and Spotify!

My Music:
                AndromedaCoastMusic.com

Learn Music Production:
                OrpheusAudioAcademy.com

Snapper
                @dragon-snapper
                  • Total Posts: 3515

@reaganramm So, how does Scrivener work? I’ve heard a few things about it…do you think it’s better or worse that Microsoft Word?

@kate-flournoy
                  My favorites…probably Audiomachine, Brunuhville and Keith Merrill. You?

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Mariposa Aristeo
                  @mariposa
                    • Total Posts: 335

@emily-d My favorite Britt Nicole songs are Sunshine Girl, Headphones, Ready or Not, Gold, and Girls Night Out. There’s a new song by Mandisa you might like called “What You’re Worth” and Britt Nicole guest sings. My favorite Newsboys songs are That’s How You Change the World, Crazy, Man on Fire, and Restart.

Joy
                    @joy
                      • Total Posts: 59

My favourite tools are probably Pinterest, Tumblr, and Youtube. I could spend hours on those three sites. Pinterest is good for pictures; Tumblr for writing prompts, and Youtube has some great music 🙂 I particularly love medieval music composers like Adrian von Ziegler, Brunuhville, Vindsvept, and Brandon and Derek Fiechter. Their music’s really beautiful and inspiring.

*whispers aggressively* "The HONOUR!"

Emily D
                      @emily-d

. @reaganramm Good stuff…I keep thinking that I have to go and check Scrivener out as so many people have recommended it. Must do that! 😄

@mariposa
                        . Yes, thank you I will check the Mandisa song out. And I really like all of those songs too! 😆@joy. Great! Especially Youtube: epic free music!!! 😜 And I love medieval music too, though I’ve mainly only listenned to Brandon and Derek Fiechter on Youtube.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Emily D.

Emily D
                        @emily-d

Annnnd…I am so sorry. Oops…😑

Anonymous
                            • Total Posts: 115

Soundtracks, TV shows, my friends, my lists of favorite words, pictures, sermons… *could probably come up with more*

Snapper
                            @dragon-snapper
                              • Total Posts: 3515

Guys!!! *flails*
                              I just found something awesome!
                              Have you ever heard of 4thewords?
                              It’s an awesome online writing video game! So basically, it gets you going on this ‘rpg’ game, where you fight monsters and go on quests and do cool stuff. To fight the monsters, you are timed and have to write a certain amount of words within that time. Usually, I’d say the the time is too easy for me, like 800 words in 80 minutes, but the simple fact that I am timed, and the timer is right there in front of me makes me go way faster than usual. I had been writing at a pace of 1000 words an hour, but today, after only 45 minutes of using 4thewords I’ve written 1500 words! In 45 minutes! *mindbblown*
                              Anyway, the first month is free, and then you have to pay like 4 dollars a month, but I’m beginning to think it’s worth it. I’m still on the free trial–I’ve used it for just today now, but I’m finding it is awesome!

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Emily D
                              @emily-d

@dragon-snapper Hey! WOW that sounds totally epic! I might check it out. Thanks for letting me know. 🙂

Also, have any of you used the writing software by K. M. Weiland? She’s based it off her Outlining Your Novel Workbook… it looks sooooooooooo good. There’s a video on this page:

How to Outline for NaNoWriMo: Should You Outline Your Novel?

Please let me if you’ve used it, or just how you think it looks. And also, I’m interested in the Snapper’s question: Is Scrivener worth getting or should I just stick with Microsoft Word? Thanks! 🙂

@emily @rolena-hatfield @mariposa @holly-nelson-gray @jayniecatgirl08 @joy @ingridrd @perfectfifths @reaganramm @allison-grace @daeus @aratrea @epicaddie2 @salome01w4g @anyone-else-please-feel-free-to-join-in!

Daeus
                                @daeus
                                  • Total Posts: 4238

@emily-d @dragon-snapper I think Scrivner is great if you like to keep yourself organized. If throwing down a bullet point outline is organized enough for you, I don’t think you’ll need Scrivner. However, I know Scrivner has a lot of features and I don’t know about a lot of them. It was definitely designed just for writers. I do think Scrivner is great for formatting and compiling ebooks and paperbacks though.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >