What do you put in your journal?

Home Page › Forums › Fiction Writing › General Writing Discussions › What do you put in your journal?

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 115

In my journal, I have random poems, fan fictions, drawing, writing prompts, and thoughts. No candy wrappers in this one. 🙂 So, I was wondering, what do you keep in your journal?

Jada Morrison
      @jadamae
        • Total Posts: 199

In my actual journal I just have writing, but I have a folder with brochures/tickets and other such things. I also have many unfinished notebooks with all sorts of things: game scores, short stories, pictures, ect. that I now don’t know what to do with.

Rolena Hatfield
        @rolena-hatfield
          • Total Posts: 405

@allison-grace lol. Which journal? (I fill mutiple) Journaling is is one way I process life so… I have a lot of ’em.
          One notebook I keep is for all the little life lessons I learn. It’s pretty awesome to go back and read where you’ve been in life and what you’ve learned.
          Another is written in a letter form more about what I’m doing in life and future goals.
          And there’s my Bible journal. If I write something down it helps me remember what I’ve read.
          And I also keep a quote book, which tycnically isn’t a journal, but thought I’d throw that in there. Quote books are the best!

Do you journal often?

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Jada Morrison
          @jadamae
            • Total Posts: 199

@Rolena-Hatfield I totally get you! Writing things down help me process things so. much. better. You have a quote book!! I don’t have one but I really should. You reminded me-I also have a journal that I write in things I learn, answers to prayer, and what I read in the Bible. The journal I mentioned before would be things I experience.

EpicAddie2
            @epicaddie2
              • Total Posts: 794

@allison-grace
              In my journal I mostly keep notes for my writing, random ideas and thoughts I have, and notes from church. And an occasional attempt at a drawing. I usually erase those because they’re so bad though. 😂

INFJ ~ 4w5
              aldarley.wordpress.com

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 1330

@allison-grace I write about my day, I sometimes take notes from church in them (I have another notebook for that, though), I write about ways God has blessed me, sometimes I write down prayers or songs, sometimes I even have the inspiration to make up an absolutely terrible poem. I’ve only actually ever filled up one journal. There are so many pretty ones out there which I collect, that I keep switching from one to another. XD I have a memory box for my other stuff (souvenirs, tickets, etc.) and a box with special letters I’ve received. I used to keep sermon notes in the back pocket of my old journal, but I filled it up. There: A peek into my personal…well, stuff.

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 1330

Oh, and I have a Bible journal too that I take notes in from my Scripture reading in the morning.

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 115

Sounds like I sort of have a mash-up of all your guys journals. 🙂 I have a separate one for church notes, but my current journal contains: poems, half-finished poems, half-finished fan fiction, half-finished drawings, and drawings of the eclipse. Plus random thoughts. I also have a collection of journals.

Anonymous
                      • Total Posts: 859

@allison-grace I really should journal more, but my hand cramps up so easily that writing has always been a pain. I usually only journal when I’m excited about something or want to get something off my mind.

Rolena Hatfield
                      @rolena-hatfield

@Shannon Hand cramps are the worst! I’m so thankful for computers! Otherwise I would never be a writer. My hand would probably fall off. :p You could start journaling with a keyboard. (I know, I know… not the same as actual paper.) But you can always print them out and bind them together so it’s actual paper.

Rolena Hatfield
                        @rolena-hatfield

@jadamae Processing via thoughts on paper. Glad I’m not the only one 🙂 Quote books are so fun! Once you do start one, you’ll have fun and love it!

Anonymous
                            • Total Posts: 859

@rolena-hatfield, Maybe I should try that! Thanks for the tip!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          >