What Book Are We Going To Read?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions What Book Are We Going To Read?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

Yep, George Orwell.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Faith Kindred
      @faithdk
        • Total Posts: 139
        BlueJay
        @bluejay
          • Total Posts: 1622

Another book worth considering for next time is “the butterfly lion” Great book. Well worth reading. 🙂

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 77

Oh oh oh!!! Books to analyze from a writer’s perspective? Okay, I’ve got a great one: Ender’s Game. It’s good for a variety of ages (I’ve known young teens and adults who love it), it’s VERY thought provoking, the writing style is amazing (I think Orson Scott Card’s is the one I most admire), it’s not that difficult of a read, nor is it particularly long. I read the first paragraph and couldn’t put it down! I don’t usually reread books but THIS one I have reread many times. It was (is?) also one of the books that most helped shape my writing (wait is that grammatically correct?). Anyway, it’s really amazing the only thing is it has some violence (not much, though) and a bit of swearing/bad words, but overall it is a magnificent piece of work. Oh, did I mention it’s about a kid? That’s always a bonus.

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 77

Whoops, haha I just realize the votes were already in and the book decided… *sigh* well, ya’ll should still read Ender’s Game 🙂 I have already read Animal Farm and have no desire to do so again, sorry. Maybe I’ll join next time?

Adry_Grace
              @adry_grace
                • Total Posts: 169

@aysia-serene YES!! I LOVE ENDERS GAME!That like my favorite book and he’s my favoite author of all time. @daeus write that down as a note or something for next time. Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card.

Adry_Grace
                @adry_grace
                  • Total Posts: 169

Please.

Daeus
                  @daeus

@adry_grace Sure, well it looks like you already made me the note. I’ll refer back to this next time we vote.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Tatiana
                    @belegteleri
                      • Total Posts: 97

@daeus I do not own this “Animal Farm” that you speak of (although I’ve been wanting to read it for some time). When will you be able to post the links to free ebooks? Those would be most beneficial to me. A thousand thanks for your troubles!

Daeus
                      @daeus

@belegteleri I was not able to find it free as an ebook. I did find it for 99c however and @sarah-h apparently was able to find a free copy on ibooks though I did not see one there. I know you can find the text free online, you’d just be reading it from a web page, not in an ebook format. Also, if you prefer audio, you can get a free recording here: https://archive.org/details/GeorgeOrwellsanimalFarmRadioAudio You’re last option is the library. I’m sure they have a copy.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Tatiana
                        @belegteleri
                          • Total Posts: 97

@daeus I’ll see if my mother will take me to the library today. We’ll be in that general area. Thank you anyway!

Hope Ann
                          @hope
                            • Total Posts: 1092

I’ve discovered that my copy is not my my shelf. Meaning it’s buried under my bed in one of several boxes. *sighs* I need a library of my own.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Mallory O’Bier
                            @overcomer
                              • Total Posts: 550

So I’m not the only one who has boxes of books in her room, @hope . (Besides a bookshelf …or two) Good to know. 😉

Vanna
                              @vanna
                                • Total Posts: 48

You can put me in that group too @overcomer . I never seem to have enough shelf space.

Hope Ann
                                @hope
                                  • Total Posts: 1092

@overcomer and books stacked in double lines on parts of my bookshelf…

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 117 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >