Welp, here I am again

Home Page β€Ί Forums β€Ί Fiction Writing β€Ί Critiques β€Ί Novel Critique Requests β€Ί Welp, here I am again

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

Yep, it’s me. I love using the word welp.

So I’m in trouble again. ??? Thankfully it’s not that bad though. ?

So my trouble is that I hate to ask anything. Thankfully though, I’m also a philosopher and my philosophical self is telling me, β€œSelf, don’t worry about it. Just use the principles of fair trade. A good deal makes anyone happy.” And so being rather fond of my philosopher self, I took his advice.

So basically, I just finished a big fat self edit of my novella. It’s a lot better, but I think I’ve still got some work to go. So here’s where the deal part of it comes in. I love editing other people’s stories just as much as I like to see all the great ideas and revisions on mine, so if any of you are like that too (or if you just want to put me in your debt) just let me know and I’m all cool with trading.

By the way, in case you’re wondering about time – this isn’t anything to sweat over. In fact, it’s only like 15,000 words – that’s about a sixth the length of a standard novel.

So with that …

*Puts on hoodie* Grace peace and high word counts be multiplied upon you.

Aaaahh! It’s so hard to press the submit button. *Threatens self with abstention from raspberries. Presses button*

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

Ah, I know EXACTLY how you feel about asking things like this, @Daeus. Really, I feel the same way. Congratulations on working up the nerve to press submit. πŸ˜‰ I never could have done it.

And count me in. You and I are already going to be trading edits and such with our other works, so what’s one more? This is β€˜Treachery against the house of Fairwin’, is it not? I’d love to see how you improved it.

Besides, I’m editing my own work right now and it’ll make me feel better to pick holes in someone else’s work at the same time. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜›

Daeus
        @daeus

@kate-flournoy Thanks! What word processor do you use? I’m having a bit of computer trouble now so it might be a bit before I can get it to you.

Yeah, it is TATHOF.

Here, take some virtual ice cream. ????????????????????????????????????

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976

*gathers up virtual ice cream in arms, gulps it all down in the blink of an eye* Delicious!

Corel WordPerfect, but I have MSword as well. No rush. πŸ™‚

Rolena Hatfield
            @rolena-hatfield
              • Total Posts: 405

@daeus I’d be glad to give your master piece a going through if you’d like another reader! Although I don’t have anything to trade right now, but that’s okay cause I like editing other people’s work. I may have to work on it kinda slowly right now, but I would have more time late spring. πŸ™‚

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Daeus
              @daeus

@rolena-hatfield Thanks, that would be really helpful. Actually, if now is a little busy for you, how about I just send you the document after Kate’s already made her edits. That way you wouldn’t have to point out everything she already got. Oh, yeah, and what word processing system do you use?

I guess Kate ate all 36 soft serves, so I’ll just have to give you sundays. ??????????????????

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Rolena Hatfield
                @rolena-hatfield

I’ll settle for sundaes anytime! *licks lips and goes to get actual ice cream but is too sick to eat after gulping down 18 virtual sundaes*

Oh and I use Microsoft Word.

BlueJay
                  @bluejay
                    • Total Posts: 1622

*runs in* I heard the word β€˜sick.’ *shakes finger at you, @rolena-hatfield* You shouldn’t eat so many sundaes in one go. It’s not good for you. *shakes head sadly* Pop them into the virtual freezer and eat them slowly. One per week. *writes it on paper and hands it to you.*

Rolena Hatfield
                    @rolena-hatfield

@bluejay I may take you on as my full time physician. I like your prescriptions. πŸ˜‰

BlueJay
                      @bluejay

HAHA! @rolena-hatfield. Hmm…that might be bit hard as I don’t live near you. πŸ˜€

Rolena Hatfield
                        @rolena-hatfield

@bluejay That’s okay. I’ll just tell you what I’m feeling and you can tell me what’s wrong with me! And if you HAVE to look down my throat I guess we could do a video chat :p

BlueJay
                          @bluejay

Oh boy! @rolena-hatfield I guess I should brush up and medical terms. *Hunts around for doctoring books; starts reading. Raises eyebrow β€œI’m really not understanding any of this.”*
                            I guess I had better stick to easy things such as colds and stomach aches. πŸ˜€

Jada Morrison
                            @jadamae
                              • Total Posts: 199

@Daeus I would love to help if you aren’t in a hurry. I don’t currently have anything to trade, but maybe in a little bit I will

Daeus
                              @daeus

@jadamae Thanks very much. That would be fantastilicious. I’m having trouble with some application stuff, so I’ll just send it as a pdf if that’s ok.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Daeus
                                @daeus

Oh, and I forgot, cookies for you. ????????????????????

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >